Class of 2015 - Derrick Jones | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Derrick Jones

I think he's already made his choice...

Attachments

• jones.jpg
    jones.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 153
Hopefully D. Jones, T. Bryant, M. Diagne, M. Richardson, T. Lydon, and a PG Super-Mega-Awesome.
Filthy class. I will take 4 out of 6.....but you're thinking might be a little bit better. ;)

D. Jones = Super-Mega-Awesome :)
Let's go, folks!
Francis, how we looking with this guy?
And how are you, bro? I hope all is well.
We're in good position for him but the UK visit could change things. We should hear something not too long after his visit. I'm doing good my friend, thanks for asking.

I love Jones, but doesn't he project, at this point, as a forward? He is a spectacular athlete, but his skills are still developing. Unless he has improved since the last video I saw. I think he is ranked really highly based upon his elite athleticism and potential.
Correct. He's a wing with plenty of upside and potential but is far from a complete "b-ball player" at this point. The occasional tip slams and highlight dunks are cool, but it means nothing if you can't consistently score in a half court offense.

Unless we lose a LOT of guys early we can't go 6 for '15. 1 free (no Whitehead) and Rak only definite. McCullough, Grant... very possible, maybe you'd say likely. That's 4 schollies available. Ennis, Mike G, TRob... eehhhh maybe. Give me 4 of Jones, Bryant, Diagne, and a PG behind Joseph.

Unless we lose a LOT of guys early we can't go 6 for '15. 1 free (no Whitehead) and Rak only definite. McCullough, Grant... very possible, maybe you'd say likely. That's 4 schollies available. Ennis, Mike G, TRob... eehhhh maybe. Give me 4 of Jones, Bryant, Diagne, and a PG behind Joseph.

I know, but we must have them ALL.

The PG situation really isn't clear right now for '15 (unless I am mistake, which I probably am). Does Bryant Crawford have an offer? I think Briscoe is the only guard so far to get an official offer (Richardson too, but not a ball handler).

The PG situation really isn't clear right now for '15 (unless I am mistake, which I probably am). Does Bryant Crawford have an offer? I think Briscoe is the only guard so far to get an official offer (Richardson too, but not a ball handler).
Yeah... and barring a miracle we're out for Briscoe. Crawford is good but seems a little smaller than what we've gone for recently. If we get one for 15 I almost wonder if its someone not on our (the fan's) radar yet.

Yeah... and barring a miracle we're out for Briscoe. Crawford is good but seems a little smaller than what we've gone for recently. If we get one for 15 I almost wonder if its someone not on our (the fan's) radar yet.
Crawford is not small and at 16 he actually measures out to the same size as Ennis. Crawford official measurements back in June at the USA U16 tryouts were 6'2, 182, 6'5 wingspan.

Crawford is not small and at 16 he actually measures out to the same size as Ennis. Crawford official measurements back in June at the USA U16 tryouts were 6'2, 182, 6'5 wingspan.
Ahh ok thanks... must be lookin at old info. Stand corrected... would seem to be a great fit then.

I love Jones, but doesn't he project, at this point, as a forward? He is a spectacular athlete, but his skills are still developing. Unless he has improved since the last video I saw. I think he is ranked really highly based upon his elite athleticism and potential.

Regardless this kid is money, so money.

I still think it's a colossal mistake losing out on Briscoe.

I still think it's a colossal mistake losing out on Briscoe.

What does "mistake" have anything to do with it? We targeted the kid, and would love to land him--the SU coaches would take him in a heartbeat. His family has other things in mind, about him running the show from day 1. And after playing alongside Ennis in the high school ranks, I think they realize that he wouldn't be handed the reins at SU as long as Ennis is here.

It isn't a "mistake," it is timing / circumstance. Can't win 'em all.

And for the record, I would LOVE to land Briscoe--kid is a stud.

Last edited:
Briscoe is really good, has this uncanny strength for a guard, decent scorer and underrated passer. I think he will shine wherever he goes. But, PG is one of our last concerns even as far as into '15. Let's go all in on a SG and Center. If we land him, great. But that probably means he would basically have to see what happens with Ennis in the next two years. I don't know if that's going to happen. Not to mention, we are just fine and dandy for the next 3 years.
56cdccf2127a11e3bc2222000a1f98f9_7.jpg

BR_tmg_CYAAbOM_.jpg:large

Super-Mega-Awesome wasn't able to attend Alumni game (great news)...but this happened though.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria5m
2015 Archbishop John Carroll SF Derrick Jones has added an offer from Arizona, his dad tells @SNYtv. Wasn't able to make UK Alumni Game.
If he really wants to commit in Nov (hope thats still accurate) I'd think its too late for AZ to get in seriously. Great to hear he couldn't make UK right after making our elite camp.

Super-Mega-Awesome wasn't able to attend Alumni game (great news)...but this happened though.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria5m
2015 Archbishop John Carroll SF Derrick Jones has added an offer from Arizona, his dad tells @SNYtv. Wasn't able to make UK Alumni Game.
Somewhere in Lexington there is a lonely bag of cash just waiting for a talented teenaged basketball player.

If he really wants to commit in Nov (hope thats still accurate) I'd think its too late for AZ to get in seriously. Great to hear he couldn't make UK right after making our elite camp.

Enjoyed his time at SU elite camp, couldn't make alumni game at UK; I don't know anything, but if I was reading the tea leaves or the writing on the wall I am feeling really good about this.