Devan Carter to Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Devan Carter to Rutgers

Didn't some one say his offer was likely conditional anyways?

Ok, how come when they lost shady we didn't poach their recruits, but they just love taking ours. I am actually ticked about this. They are the greasiest ba$tards out there!

No surprise, wants a shot at RB and he simply wasnt going to get that here. Really not that big a loss to be honest, I wish the kid the best but AE is a way bigger loss.

I think he would've been a great LB here but he'll end up with the same or possibly greater chance for PT playing LB at Rutgers. If this kid wasn't a local product it wouldn't sting as much but he is so it does.

I think he would've been a great LB here but he'll end up with the same or possibly greater chance for PT playing LB at Rutgers. If this kid wasn't a local product it wouldn't sting as much but he is so it does.

Either way, we probably told him he wouldn't be playing RB for us - just LB... and if Buttgers does what Buttgers usually does, they said "Sure, you can play RB!" and then will switch him to LB week 1. (maybe Flood doesn't do that like Schady did, but...)

C'mon, Rochester. Don't embarrass yourselves by becoming a suburb of New Jersey.

Ok, how come when they lost shady we didn't poach their recruits, but they just love taking ours. I am actually ticked about this. They are the greasiest ba$tards out there!
This is just silly. Every recruit is fair game up until they've signed their LOI. We have recently gotten a couple of recruits who committed to other schools. That's the way it's played nowadays.

Kid is a huge loss. 6-2 230lb LBs who run 4.6 and sub 4.2 shuttle times don't grow on trees. We're hurting for linebackers who actually have linebacker size. Lost two linebackers last year. Now one this year

Anybody who says this isn't a loss is high. Best pure athlete in the class at a position of need.

Surprised a kid from Rochester is going to burn that bridge. Also surprised he bought their rb bullshit that easily.

I won't care about this loss if we can pull in Spearman or a similar LB, but its not a wash if we fill the spot with a kid who's begging for a BCS offer.

Kid is a huge loss. 6-2 230lb LBs who run 4.6 and sub 4.2 shuttle times don't grow on trees. We're hurting for linebackers who actually have linebacker size. Lost two linebackers last year. Now one this year

Anybody who says this isn't a loss is high. Best pure athlete in the class at a position of need.

Surprised a kid from Rochester is going to burn that bridge. Also surprised he bought their rb bullshit that easily.

I won't care if we can pull in spearman.

Gause

I won't care if we can pull in spearman.
Wheatley recruit. Fell through the cracks imo.

I'm sure he will enjoy his road trips to Ames, Madison, and the rest of those bumblef*ck nowhere towns to get a beat down over the next 4 years. Good luck to him.

WVU gets to travel to Ames, not Rutgers.

Apparently Carter said "Get ready to see a great recruiting class. We are coming to Rutgers to win the national title."

:rolling:

Sounds like it came down to the chance to play RB (as everyone has mentioned) and the relationships hes formed. Hearing the term fullback littered across a few articles on TOS. I guess that's the natural progression? RB-->FB-->LB?

This is just silly. Every recruit is fair game up until they've signed their LOI. We have recently gotten a couple of recruits who committed to other schools. That's the way it's played nowadays.
Like I said in another thread, better now than in the 11th hour. Time for recruiting for our staff that have been doing our own share of thievery. DC, IMO, took the new opportunity as he may have a shot at RB. BOL to him, but lets face it Western NY is not a CUSE stronghold, and quitefrankly that opens the door for some of these new names that have been thrown around.

I'm sure he will enjoy his road trips to Ames, Madison, and the rest of those bumblef*ck nowhere towns to get a beat down over the next 4 years. Good luck to him.
Madison is pretty cool, need to go to Zingerman's, people wait in line, breakfest/deli

Apparently Carter said "Get ready to see a great recruiting class. We are coming to Rutgers to win the national title."

:rolling:
How can a kid buy into that? I'm sure starting off with winning league championships is much more realistic, ignoring that fact Rutgers has one the league once and not outright ever...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom