Devan Carter | Syracusefan.com

Devan Carter

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Per the recruit writer at the star ledger:

Brighton high school (Rochester, N.Y.) star and Syracuse commit Devan Carter measured in at 6-2 ½, 230 pounds and is, apparently, one of the best looking physical specimens to walk through the Hale center as a recruit in a while. He ran a 4.6-second 40-yard dash at Syracuse camp and is perceived as a great athlete. Apparently, he has had a Rutgers offer for almost a year, and has been on campus multiple times. Carter had a really good trip and you could possibly expect some good news from him within the next week or so.

the way they are talking him up, safe to say he is gone?

Hard to overcome the Gause effect imo. And the fact that he is their rb recruit at this point. He was a Wheatley recruit don't forget, so losing Wheat probably opened the door to a flip.

would be a tough loss. he is one of the ones i really wanted to hold onto. does anyone know if we have visited him since the coaching change?

would be a tough loss. he is one of the ones i really wanted to hold onto. does anyone know if we have visited him since the coaching change?

Agreed. I really like the LBs in this class. Really want to add both Carter and the kid from Florida as kids to build the future corps around. The JUCOs will do a nice job providing depth these next couple of years until the young pups are ready.

Agreed. I really like the LBs in this class. Really want to add both Carter and the kid from Florida as kids to build the future corps around. The JUCOs will do a nice job providing depth these next couple of years until the young pups are ready.

Definitely Hodge and Carter have perfect size and speed, throw in james washington and there is some great potential there, while LA, JK, and the current guys hold it down now.

Hard to overcome the Gause effect imo. And the fact that he is their rb recruit at this point. He was a Wheatley recruit don't forget, so losing Wheat probably opened the door to a flip.
If he goes to RU than it's his loss.

rutgers offense + big ten football. Makes me sick just thinking about it. Who wants to watch that crap?

Maybe Rutgers can do to Carter what they did to Huggins and Jamison.

These are the type of kids you CAN'T lose. No excuses.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3
So we should lie to him and tell him he can be a RB, when we know for a fact that we will switch him to LB? Telling him the truth is an "excuse" I guess?

So we should lie to him and tell him he can be a RB, when we know for a fact that we will switch him to LB? Telling him the truth is an "excuse" I guess?

Excuse.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Why would you even tell him that? It's not rocket science. If he wants to be a RB, let him come and compete; the best player plays. Who knows, maybe he surprises and can actually play the position.

If not, it's his decision between playing time and being a backup at a different decision.

Why would you even tell him that? It's not rocket science. If he wants to be a RB, let him come and compete; the best player plays. Who knows, maybe he surprises and can actually play the position.

If not, it's his decision between playing time and being a backup at a different decision.
If the staff knows that he will not be playing RB in their scheme, then lying to him is despicable. Sometimes these things can be decided ahead of time. This is a recipe for disgruntled bad apples in the middle of the team. I hope the only positions that we take kids in to "let them compete" and then switch them if need be is from QB to any other skill position.

If Carter goes perhaps its not an excuse or a promise of playing RB, Perhaps its is because coach Shafer meant what he said when he said"if you dont want to be here we dont want you" or similar to that. Perhaps the staff feels they can use that offer to bring a player who wants to be here or may better fit there style of play based on their evaluations.

This is my thoughts on this. Can't lose a guy for that reason.

If the staff knows that he will not be playing RB in their scheme, then lying to him is despicable. Sometimes these things can be decided ahead of time. This is a recipe for disgruntled bad apples in the middle of the team. I hope the only positions that we take kids in to "let them compete" and then switch them if need be is from QB to any other skill position.

That's ridiculous. No coaching staff is 100% certain where a kid will play unless he's a kicker. How is it lying to a kid if you let him compete at the position he played in HS? It's an added bonus if you tell that kid that there is a backup position that he can be successful at if his preferred position doesn't pan out.

If we lose Gus and Laray doesn't commit, wouldn't he stand a better chance at playing RB?

the question you should be asking is it Carter was not a local NY kid would we be getting so worked up about him. he is a LB recruit who has almost no LB background.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom