Development of Howard as a PG | Syracusefan.com

Development of Howard as a PG

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
And bring everyone back, huge for next year.

We lack a big still, but our only championship had two offensive stiffs at center.

PG much more critical.

Bring Richardson and Lydon back and I'll be excited for next year.

Our players don't fit zone, period, but that's all we'll see, obviously.

Maybe I'm lost but maybe I'm not seeing what everybody else sees in Howard. He looks like G except a worse shooter, less basketball IQ, and not as good a rebounder.

He looked a tad slow today, but I'm assuming he's a step off because of the illness and missing practice. Otherwise, I doubt we see Joseph.

Maybe I'm lost but maybe I'm not seeing what everybody else sees in Howard. He looks like G except a worse shooter, less basketball IQ, and not as good a rebounder.
He has been ill for at least three weeks. Hard to tell how he can play.

Your seeing the exact same thing I'm seeing everyone wants bench play but we just don't have it. It's the backup quarterback syndrome he's better than the starter.

Was hoping Howard would start showing me something. Next year's backcourt depth hinges on it.

KJ will prob be gone next year. our guard depth will be Howard and whatever 5th year transfer we can come up with

Better ballhandling, better passing, and better court vision than G when G was a freshman.

Better ballhandling, better passing, and better court vision than G when G was a freshman.

G - Top 30 recruit, sat on the bench at Duke, transfers here and has been solid since day one.

FH - 90th rated recruit, never played point guard, can't get off of our bench, when he has gotten off the bench he hasn't shown much.

Where do you get that he is a better ball handler, better passer, and has better court vision? Are we watching the same guy? If Howard came in and started playing 30 minutes a game and played like a freshman shooting guard who is playing point guard every single one of the things you mentioned would be wrong. There is not one shred of evidence that Howard being anything you've mentioned. While Kaleb has regressed beyond bad, Kaleb showed more point guard skill his freshman year than Howard has so far.

If Howard could play the point, don't you think he would? Or do you think JB likes being 10-7 and losing to garbage teams.....

G - Top 30 recruit, sat on the bench at Duke, transfers here and has been solid since day one.

FH - 90th rated recruit, never played point guard, can't get off of our bench, when he has gotten off the bench he hasn't shown much.

Where do you get that he is a better ball handler, better passer, and has better court vision? Are we watching the same guy? If Howard came in and started playing 30 minutes a game and played like a freshman shooting guard who is playing point guard every single one of the things you mentioned would be wrong. There is not one shred of evidence that Howard being anything you've mentioned. While Kaleb has regressed beyond bad, Kaleb showed more point guard skill his freshman year than Howard has so far.

If Howard could play the point, don't you think he would? Or do you think JB likes being 10-7 and losing to garbage teams...

My eyes. How is this hard for you?

If Howard could play the point, don't you think he would? Or do you think JB likes being 10-7 and losing to garbage teams...

Terrible post, btw. Just bad all around.

Terrible post, btw. Just bad all around.

So the 90th rated prospect, a shooting guard, Franklin Howard comes to Syracuse and is now a point guard? What evidence is there that he can play the position better than G now or 3 years from now? G has been practicing the PG position since he arrived on campus 3 1/2 years ago. FH is a shooting guard forced to play point guard.

It's funny that you can call out my post as terrible, but you sit there throw out an outrageous statement then have no rebuttal to mine. Get a clue.

So the 90th rated prospect, a shooting guard, Franklin Howard comes to Syracuse and is now a point guard? What evidence is there that he can play the position better than G now or 3 years from now? G has been practicing the PG position since he arrived on campus 3 1/2 years ago. FH is a shooting guard forced to play point guard.

Who said he could play PG better right now than G? I certainly didn't.

You claimed he was better as a freshman than G, and that's absurd.

I said Howard as a freshman is better at the things I listed than G was as a freshman. G couldn't dribble a ball without having it stolen from him until like a few months ago and he's not too good at dribbling it currently.

I said Howard as a freshman is better at the things I listed than G was as a freshman. G couldn't dribble a ball without having it stolen from him until like a few months ago and he's not too good at dribbling it currently.

I'm asking how do you know that Howard is better at things than G was as a freshman?

The sad reality is you don't, you don't have a clue. With as garbage as Kaleb has been, why do you think he keeps on getting trotted out there? To make FH suffer? If FH was even somewhat of an option he would have played today, he would have played before, he would be getting a lot of run on this deeply flawed team. He won't even be starting next year and assuming Battle and Richardson get the minutes at the 1 and 2 he probably wont get more than 10 minutes a game.

I'm asking how do you know that Howard is better at things than G was as a freshman?

The sad reality is you don't, you don't have a clue. With as garbage as Kaleb has been, why do you think he keeps on getting trotted out there? To make FH suffer? If FH was even somewhat of an option he would have played today, he would have played before, he would be getting a lot of run on this deeply flawed team. He won't even be starting next year and assuming Battle and Richardson get the minutes at the 1 and 2 he probably wont get more than 10 minutes a game.

Because he's a freshman. What argument do you think I'm making? I'm not saying he should be getting a lot of minutes this year and I'm not saying he'll be the starting PG next year. Battle will start at PG, Malachi will be the SG, Howard will get probably 15 mpg subbing at both positions. This is highly likely.

Howard needs to develop a jump shot. Tough to win at this level without a PG who can shoot.

Agreed. The good thing is that his form doesn't look too bad. No hitch or odd release that I can see.

two3zone said:

Howard is a Freshman. Do you remember what Gbinje looked like as a third year sophomore here? He literally had trouble getting the ball over mid court. Howard has size vision and a better handle that silent g - just needs seasoning.

PG for next year is easily my #1 concern. The bigs will be fine.

I am absolutely loving Richardsons development. He is gonna be a flat out stud next year.

Howard is a Freshman. Do you remember what Gbinje looked like as a third year sophomore here? He literally had trouble getting the ball over mid court. Howard has size vision and a better handle that silent g - just needs seasoning.

PG for next year is easily my #1 concern. The bigs will be fine.

I am absolutely loving Richardsons development. He is gonna be a flat out stud next year.

That one dish by Richardson was nice (Lydon dunk?) - his passing has been up and down, but at times he's shown some really good vision off the dribble drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom