Devito activated | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Devito activated

2018 - QB Coach Kirk Martin

Dungey
226 / 371 - 2868 yds 18 td / 9 int

DeVito
FR - 44/87 525 yds, 4 td / 3 int

2019 - QB Coach Kirk Martin

DeVito's sophomore year; best stats of his career. 213/337 2300 yards, 19 tds and 5 int.

Welch - 36/68 523 yds - 4 td / 2 int

2020 - QB Coach Gilbert (covid)

DeVito
JR - 48/96 - 593yds 4td / 2int (injured 4 games)

Culpepper - 94/190 1028 yards - 9 td / 8 int
Morgan - 31/49 285 yards - 2 td / 2 int

2021 - QB Coach Gilbert

switched to Garrett Shrader
123/234 1445 yards - 9td / 4int

DeVito - 32/52 - 388yds 1td / 2int

2022 - transfer to Illinois
stats
257/369 2650 yards - 15 td / 4 int

Conclusions?
Have we ever had two worse QB coaches than Two step Martin and Line dance Gilbert

Eh, doesn't really matter if we can.

Because we should.

And we will.
You can do brag about whatever you feel. I applaud you for it. Im saying I wouldnt. Now when conversations come up about him I will mention to people that he played at SU for 4 years. Thats totally different.

What? Im saying SU cant say they are the reason why he is having success in the NFL. Its not a slight on Tommy lol. You understand what Im sayin now?
And you are exactly right!

You know I'm claiming Tommy for personal reasons. As OttoinGrotto says, "We can, and we will..." lol.

I really wished our situation had been better for him. Illi is what he needed. But hey, he learned how to take a sack, and deal with difficult situations HERE! Lol. As he said - part of the process. ;-)

Have we ever had two worse QB coaches than Two step Martin and Line dance Gilbert
Not sure on Martin... Gilbert? Oooooffff.. When he was allowed to call plays, it often had the entire offense scratching their heads... That experiment ended shortly after his Rutgers game. Good on Dino for that...

A lot of good discussion on this board today about Tommy. I guess we’ll never really solve the chicken or egg question but it’s too bad it never worked out here for him. It’s an interesting debate.

It's kind of funny, but I find that I claim one year, grad transfer types, that play their final year in basketball or football as a Syracuse player... I don't think of Cole Swider as a Villanova player in the NBA. Yet, I see all these listings (i.e. Syracuse quarterbacks with the most wins) claiming DeVito as an SU quarterback. I don't know, it's a weird landscape. If Joe Girard got drafted in the NBA (this is being used as a hypothetical example, not as as an expectation, haha) he would be listed as a Clemson player in the league, correct? It feels incorrect to me for Syracuse fans to try & claim DeVito as a Syracuse player in the NFL...
That was a Syracuse fan account so makes sense

Don’t forget Phil Earley…

Architect of the goofy “crow hop” Perry & ARob endured

He always had an NFL arm.. the question was did he have an NFL head? He doesn't have elite athleticism to make plays.

ILL ran a pass heavy offense with a kid who ran for 1600 yds and let him make simple throws, make less mistakes and get sacked at less of a rate than an SU QB.

The Giants are doing the same. Make more simple throws.. Make 1 read and dump down. Occasionally slide around the pocket and run some designed run plays..

enjoy the run. 250/190/150 yds passing and winning games shows you can win if you dont make mistakes and the D plays well. 290/220/360 total yds.. The NFL almost always shows if you run for a decent chunk you win more often than if you only pass.

Can he win a game if they cant run at all and they are not playing from the lead? Maybe they dont have too.

Another person not understanding my point. lol
Have you ever watched a HOF speech or the Heisman speech from the other night. These guys thank everyone of their coaches and all their teammates because everyone of them has helped them get to where they are today.

IMG_1041.jpeg

Have you ever watched a HOF speech or the Heisman speech from the other night. These guys thank everyone of their coaches and all their teammates because everyone of them has helped them get to where they are today.
Of course they do but you still dont understand what I am staying. I personally dont feel like I should brag about Devito when Ive been as critical as others. Im not calling him a Cuse product because I personally feel like I don't derseve it.