Diagne | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Diagne

Yeah, because it couldn't be possible that it's actually YOU that are wrong. Heaven forbid. I have a credible source that verifies his coursework here in the US was acceptable, as were his test scores. Where exactly is yours that can challenge that? Don't worry, I'll wait while you find it.

image.jpg

FairfaxOrange said:
Stop skimming. I said WITH a sufficient GPA and WITH sufficient test scores. The NCAA is a joke. They aren't qualified to say that a lower level international high school class is unsatisfactory.

Skimming what? GPA and SAT scores have nothing to do with any of my posts.

LoudHouse said:
Yeah, because it couldn't be possible that it's actually YOU that are wrong. Heaven forbid. I have a credible source that verifies his coursework here in the US was acceptable, as were his test scores. Where exactly is yours that can challenge that? Don't worry, I'll wait while you find it.

Wrong about what, I said if your scenario is correct that means they declared a completely eligible kid ineligible. Isn't that what you're saying?

And yes I disagree with that because it doesn't happen.

Selective enforcement and Scrutiny.

How many African born raised kids has UCONN had over the years ?

Maybe I missed it. Why is he going to a 2 year college ?

And was he ruled ineligible and over what if so ?

I don't get why he can't just go to prep school, or still enroll at Syracuse even if he can't play.

CuseHulk said:
Selective enforcement and Scrutiny. How many African born raised kids has UCONN had over the years ?

Several if memory serves me right.

CuseHulk said:
Maybe I missed it. Why is he going to a 2 year college ? And was he ruled ineligible and over what if so ? I don't get why he can't just go to prep school, or still enroll at Syracuse even if he can't play.

You keep asking that question and it's been answered. You go to prep to get a qualifying score or to make up a class. If you're short 2 or more classes I believe is when JUCO is required.

Don't be surprised if G starts at PG and Lydon at the 3.

No chance.

First G needs to be on the wing. And of the freshmen Richardson has a better chance starting at the 3 then Lydon.

Again. No Chance.

Coleman, Roberson, G, Cooney, and Kaleb the starters.

With Richardson, Lydon, Howard, and Chino off the bench in that order.

I think people need to stop thinking the NCAA is at fault here. You may notice that no one has said anything about why he's going to a two year school. SU and Diagne have been silent and for probably good reason. People are putting the blame on the wrong party!

Wrong about what, I said if your scenario is correct that means they declared a completely eligible kid ineligible. Isn't that what you're saying?

And yes I disagree with that because it doesn't happen.
Nope, not what I'm saying. I'm saying they found some kind of issue with his year in Senegal, which seems incredibly suspect given that he had three years of successful high school in the US, completed all required coursework, and passed all the tests he had to. That's what I've been saying all along. You're basing your evidence on your opinion that he must not have even been close academically, something you have absolutely zero proof of. Perhaps Mike Waters is inaccurate, but I'll take his word over your random opinion, no offense.

LoudHouse said:
Nope, not what I'm saying. I'm saying they found some kind of issue with his year in Senegal, which seems incredibly suspect given that he had three years of successful high school in the US, completed all required coursework, and passed all the tests he had to. That's what I've been saying all along. You're basing your evidence on your opinion that he must not have even been close academically, something you have absolutely zero proof of. Perhaps Mike Waters is inaccurate, but I'll take his word over your random opinion, no offense.

Way to twist your own words. You absolutely are saying and have been that the kid was fully eligible but the NCAA declared him ineligible.

hoopsupstate said:
I think people need to stop thinking the NCAA is at fault here. You may notice that no one has said anything about why he's going to a two year school. SU and Diagne have been silent and for probably good reason. People are putting the blame on the wrong party!

People need a default scapegoat.

CuseHulk said:
No chance. First G needs to be on the wing. And of the freshmen Richardson has a better chance starting at the 3 then Lydon. Again. No Chance. Coleman, Roberson, G, Cooney, and Kaleb the starters. With Richardson, Lydon, Howard, and Chino off the bench in that order.

We're not getting Battle.
Chukwu isn't coming.
We weren't interested in Brodericks Jones.
Diagne is going to be fine.

Don't you ever get sick of being wrong?

At least this post will continue your streak of disagreeing with me...and being wrong yet again.

hoopsupstate said:

Winner winner chicken dinner.

We're not getting Battle.
Chukwu isn't coming.
We weren't interested in Brodericks Jones.
Diagne is going to be fine.

Don't you ever get sick of being wrong?

At least this post will continue your streak of disagreeing with me...and being wrong yet again.

You said. We were getting Battle initially before he commit to Michigan. You were wrong.

And if we were interested in Jones. Why is he not here.

Okay...Battle was a push, but his commitment to Michigan was shaky from the gitgo. Jones isn't here because he couldn't wait out the Diagne decision...and there was no guarantee he was coming here anyway...though if Diagne was resolved a month ago, I liked our chances.

Last edited:
While it's certainly possible (likely?) SU was not completely thorough in vetting Diagne's Senegalese coursework, I find it amusing how some in this thread are going to great lengths to not fault the NCAA in this.
As has been posed already...
- How is it that a regular (non-athlete) foreign student can get into any academic program as long as they have the necessary U.S. transcripts and test scores, while an athlete's academic history is (selectively, arbitrarily) scrutinized to a much greater extent?
- How is the NCAA qualified to assess the merits of foreign coursework?
- By all accounts Moustapha was a good student in graduating from a strong academic high school. How is that not enough to qualify academically as an athlete in college?
(Edit) - How is it remotely acceptable for the NCAA to rule on this two weeks before start of semester?

The Devils' Advocate syndrome around here at times is nauseating

Last edited:

What did he do wrong?

pearl31 said:
While it's certainly possible (likely?) SU was not completely thorough in vetting Diagne's Senegalese coursework, I find it amusing how some in this thread are going to great lengths to not fault the NCAA in this. As has been posed already... - How is it that a regular (non-athlete) foreign student can get into any academic program as long as they have the necessary U.S. transcripts and test scores, while an athlete's academic history is (selectively, arbitrarily) scrutinized to a much greater extent? - How is the NCAA qualified to assess the merits of foreign coursework? - By all accounts Moustapha was a good student in graduating from a strong academic high school. How is that not enough to qualify academically as an athlete in college? (Edit) - How is it remotely acceptable for the NCAA to rule on this two weeks before start of semester? The Devils' Advocate syndrome around here at times is nauseating

Each of those except the 2nd one have been addressed. It's apples and oranges both ways. Some regular students can get into a college and not be NCAA eligible whole other students can be NCAA eligible and not get into a school. The requirements are different. It's why schools give teams exemptions for the academics. I would also bet however specific to an SU that is a strong academy school that a kid not NCAA eligible would not be academically qualified to be admitted except for some special program SU might have for a select few.

Chino will be fine, for a sophomore center. I'd even say he's superior to Rakeem Christmas. In one way, at least. Rak did very little as a freshman, and it is already forgotten how furious the debates were over whether SU should even have brought him in. But then, early in his second season, he made 2 bunnies in a row in a game. And for the next year, his supporters pinned all their hopes on that one little stretch of one little game as proof that his game had evolved. But it would take a full year before that would become apparent (early in his junior year).

Chino, as a freshman, has had that 2 bunnies in a row experience already. Doesn't seem like much - but it ties into a growing pet peeve of mine; the "we don't need player x (20% of your on-floor corps) to score" sentiment. There is some relevance to that. But SU (and all competitive teams, really) have so many close games year after year, that we shouldn't poo-poo a potential extra 4-6 points from anybody. That could mean a win-loss swing of several games. SU was in nearly every game they lost.

Baye Keita remains popular, but he was awful as a scorer and rebounder. If he had been subpar instead of awful, that could have quietly resulted in a few extra points - without asking for much. And not use his eventual intangibles as an excuse. He barked out instructions, yeah, but upperclassmen should be doing that anyway. As well as putting the damn ball in the hole from 4 feet now and then when blessed with about 80 or 82 inches of height. And I won't get into countless others (cough-cough-Craig-cough-cough-Forth), heh.

Let's give Chino a chance. Sure, a DC injury that puts Chino in the spotlight might be scary. But then KJ went through that last year (unexpected starter). Doesn't that usually pay dividends later?

Each of those except the 2nd one have been addressed. It's apples and oranges both ways. Some regular students can get into a college and not be NCAA eligible whole other students can be NCAA eligible and not get into a school. The requirements are different. It's why schools give teams exemptions for the academics. I would also bet however specific to an SU that is a strong academy school that a kid not NCAA eligible would not be academically qualified to be admitted except for some special program SU might have for a select few.
It's quite clear Moustapha is more academically prepared for college than any number of eligible, cleared SU basketball players to come before him and that will come after him. He is being denied entry due to unrealistic rules minutia and selective scrutiny.
I think you know this and it puzzles me as to why you continue to defend such a horrid institution

It's quite clear Moustapha is more academically prepared for college than any number of eligible, cleared SU basketball players to come before him and that will come after him. He is being denied entry due to unrealistic rules minutia and selective scrutiny.
I think you know this and it puzzles me as to why you continue to defend such a horrid institution

I think the best thing you typed a couple posts ago was the Devil's Advocate Syndrome. It's like certain people just want to be contrarians and it's the only way they get their rocks off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom