Diagne | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Diagne

No Diagne = No NCAA. Simple as that. He's not the second coming, but the frontcourt depth is CBI bad without him.

Just 6 months ago, we were all envisioning a frontcourt of Bryant, McCullough, DC2 and Diagne. Now we're down 2, possibly 3. And depending on how knees hold up, we might eventually be down all 4. :bang:

I think you underestimate the players we have on the team. I think NCAA should be within grasp with or without Diagne.

FYI, have learned that Mike Waters is working on a Diagne update story now - not sure when it will be out but should be very soon
Staff might be pretty tight lipped. Hope he calls Diagne. Cell phones are common place in Africa.
Is this much to do about nothing, or is the light at the end of the tunnel an oncoming train?

I haven't been able to follow this much (vacation), but can anyone give me a quick 'eligibility likelihood' or is the situation more like (and this is my guess based on my quick thread read-thru) that we really have no idea at this point??

It may be his TOFUL SCORE

Look it up

I don't think it's anything related to TOEFL. Even your TOEFL score doesn't meet some certain standard, you can still get conditional admission. It depends on school policy (how much the school wants you).

I don't think it's anything related to TOEFL. Even your TOEFL score doesn't meet some certain standard, you can still get conditional admission. It depends on school policy (how much the school wants you).

Yeah, I agree this can't be the cause. There's no way in hell Fab Melo got a satisfactory score on this test, assuming he had to take it.

I doubt it. If Coleman is injured, I think Obokoh gets the nod. He has two more years of experience in the zone. It doesn't matter if Diagne is more athletic, unless he comes in with an immediate understanding of the zone (which no big man has ever done at SU), he isn't going to start. JB leans on his bigs for defense in the zone above all else, and Obokoh, while not incredibly athletic, at least showed brief glimpses of solid defensive ability last year and has now had two seasons to study behind guys like Rak and BMK.

That said, losing Diagne would still be a big loss to the team. I think he's already more polished offensively than Obokoh, and certainly far more athletic. He would also be able to give us depth at the 4 behind Roberson and alongside Lydon.

Chino is supposedly a very good rebounder, so I'm puzzled that he really got no court time last year after McCullough got hurt. In any event, if Coleman can't go, not having Diagne is a nightmare. I figured Diagne to start over Chino because he's got nice post moves and can score inside with either hand. Plus, although people say Diagne is only about 6-8, I don't think Chino is much taller than that, so their relative size is kind of a wash.

All I can say is I really hope Diagne makes it to campus if we want to avoid a train wreck of a season. We've got some nice skills, depth and experience in the perimeter positions, but we are very vulnerable inside.

I feel like we are on a date or something. Change the song below to "Should I Show or Will I Not Go"

Should I Stay or Should I Go
Song by The Clash

Darling you got to let me know
Should I stay or should I go?
If you say that you are mine
I'll be here 'til the end of time
So you got to let me know

It's always tease, tease, tease
You're happy when I'm on my knees
One day it's fine and next it's black
So if you want me off your back
Well, come on and let me know

Should I stay or should I go now?
Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go, there will be trouble
And if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know

This indecision's bugging me (esta indecision me molesta)
If you don't want me, set me free (si no me quieres, librame)
Exactly whom I'm supposed to be (digame que tengo ser)

Chino is supposedly a very good rebounder, so I'm puzzled that he really got no court time last year after McCullough got hurt. In any event, if Coleman can't go, not having Diagne is a nightmare. I figured Diagne to start over Chino because he's got nice post moves and can score inside with either hand. Plus, although people say Diagne is only about 6-8, I don't think Chino is much taller than that, so their relative size is kind of a wash.

All I can say is I really hope Diagne makes it to campus if we want to avoid a train wreck of a season. We've got some nice skills, depth and experience in the perimeter positions, but we are very vulnerable inside.
I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say it's a trainwreck, as long as Coleman stays healthy anyways, but it certainly hurts our depth at the 4 and 5 considerably. I'm very curious to see, if Diagne DOES make it, how he performs on defense in the zone. I could see him doing just fine at the 4, because he's athletic enough to play the wing, but in the middle he might be lost with exactly what he needs to do. I could see a lot of lob passes behind the zone because he doesn't have the awareness that develops over time. Then again, DC doesn't really have that awareness either considering he's barely played in the past 2 years.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say it's a trainwreck, as long as Coleman stays healthy anyways, but it certainly hurts our depth at the 4 and 5 considerably. I'm very curious to see, if Diagne DOES make it, how he performs on defense in the zone. I could see him doing just fine at the 4, because he's athletic enough to play the wing, but in the middle he might be lost with exactly what he needs to do. I could see a lot of lob passes behind the zone because he doesn't have the awareness that develops over time. Then again, DC doesn't really have that awareness either considering he's barely played in the past 2 years.

It's a very big IF, but if Diagne winds up in Orange he will be a very strong defender at the 5 position. He has tremendous court awareness and length and he's a very good rim protector. He plays a lot bigger than 6'8".

It's a very big IF, but if Diagne winds up in Orange he will be a very strong defender at the 5 position. He has tremendous court awareness and length and he's a very good rim protector. He plays a lot bigger than 6'8".
If this is the case, then it would be a much bigger loss to not get him. I've really only seen his offensive game, which seems pretty polished for a big man.

I think Chinos playing time was so limited last season because most of the offense was RAK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom