Dino Babers ... NOT NAMED 2018 ACC Coach of the Year | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers ... NOT NAMED 2018 ACC Coach of the Year

giphy.gif

If Pitt beats Clemson in OT, do they re-vote?
If Pitt beats Clemson handily, say 41-24, does Clemson drop out of playoffs if GA, OU and OSU win?

I hate the old boys network that is the ACC...

We will never get our fair shake in this southern conference. I sit here and watch Bill Belichick get screwed for coach of the year awards every single year because his team only does exactly what it is supposed to do, win with the best players (despite having a salary cap and a level field). This year Alex Cora set every record known to man with the Red Sox, and lost to Bob Melvin because Cora has the best players and Melvin took lesser guys to more unexpected heights.

But the ONE TIME MY guy is the cinderella story, the one time HE gets less touted talent to an amazing level, the old boys network sticks with the blue bloods.

I know there is no going back, but I really hate our company sometimes.

Alex Cora came to my mind. He manages his team to the best record in baseball and wins the World Series. But MLB Manager of the Year goes to the guy who supposedly did a lot with very little.
Clearly, the same voters do not cover college football.

You guys could have at least tagged me. I can't believe that Dino didn't get COY but not surprised. The people that vote on these awards don't watch all of the games and usually just go by name recognition, evidenced by the all conference teams.

I have nothing to say, this selections a joke and I’ll leave it at that

Hey Dabo, grape job!!

You took the overwhelming favorite to win the Conference, again, and...
won the Conference.

That musta taken some really great coaching, getting all those 5* players to play like 5* players.
As much as I might not like the name or the accent, Dabo's a class act. He understands the history of the college game (including SU's contribution). And his team is, again, achieving at a high level.

OTOH, as you point out, that was all expected and, to an extent, pre-ordained with Clemson's level of recruiting. Dino deserved the award hands down.

Just going to say this, brings up a slight racist conversation that certainly could be had. Especially after the Taggert stuff came out the other day. It is a major advantage for us that kind of crap still exists in the south. Don't see Dino becoming just the 3rd African American coach in history at a school in the SEC because of that nonsense.

This is so laughable I can’t even care.
Bill Belichick does the best coaching job almost every year but because of his reputation never wins Coach of the Year.
Dabo probably has a bonus for this award.
If Dino has one the SU AD would be smart to just pay him that bonus as he was screwed.
Thats where I’m at with this. Oh well, lets just go undefeated next year.

Just going to say this, brings up a slight racist conversation that certainly could be had. Especially after the Taggert stuff came out the other day. It is a major advantage for us that kind of crap still exists in the south. Don't see Dino becoming just the 3rd African American coach in history at a school in the SEC because of that nonsense.

I saw the conversation going on yesterday on twitter for the case for Dabo to get coy and it wasn't from a southern journalist but rather one with ESPN. I don't think this is a racist thing but rather due to the fact that the majority of the voting media are probably from the Carolinas and have been admirers of Dabo for years.

Fuente and Richt winning it in '16 and '17, but not Dino in '18 is stupid. Dabo has had the best team in the conference since 2015. Just give it to him every year then, but don't move the field goal posts when our guy is up for it

Tigernet in perfect form this afternoon

"There had to be 22 Dabo hater in the bunch that votes for that award bc, nothing, absolutely nothing that Dino Babers, HC at Syracuse has done that can come anywhere close to what Dabo has done at Clemson. To be totally honest, that award should go to Dabo every year until another coach can prove they can do the same at their school as Dabo has done at Clemson. Winners some how for some reason attracts biases!!!"

Who in their right mind would vote for Addazio? 7 wins the last 3 years.

Also, never realized how solid BC was from 99-2010. 12 straight bowls and 8 straight wins!

BC was consistently placed in bowls lower than their record would deserve due to their poor fan following; this resulted in being heavily favored in the majority of the bowls they won.

BC was consistently placed in bowls lower than their record would deserve due to their poor fan following; this resulted in being heavily favored in the majority of the bowls they won.
Really? Very interesting. Still pretty impressive.

Tigernet in perfect form this afternoon

"There had to be 22 Dabo hater in the bunch that votes for that award bc, nothing, absolutely nothing that Dino Babers, HC at Syracuse has done that can come anywhere close to what Dabo has done at Clemson. To be totally honest, that award should go to Dabo every year until another coach can prove they can do the same at their school as Dabo has done at Clemson. Winners some how for some reason attracts biases!!!"
You deserve to be banned for even referencing that cesspool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom