Dino Babers ... NOT NAMED 2018 ACC Coach of the Year

ACC Coach of the Year voting:
Dabo Swinney, Clemson - 27
Dino Babers, Syracuse - 22
Pat Narduzzi, Pitt - 9
Steve Addazio, Boston College - 1
Bronco Mendenhall, Virginia - 1

That is some shameful shizz.

hmm, who did a better coaching job, the guy who's team was pretty much expected by everyone in America to go 12-0 and went 12-0, or the guy who's team was pretty much expected by everyone in America to go 4-8 but went 9-3. weak. Dazzler getting a vote is even weaker

I get it. Clemson was undefeated. Syracuse wasn't. Dino did more with less, without a doubt. But Dabo didn't lose a game. It's fine.

Dino came in second place. I'm cool with this

I'm not. This is more egregious than Dungey being on the third team. Dino took them from worst in the conference to a legit Top 20 team. How do Narduzzi and Addazio get votes at all? This is a slap in the face.

1. It's not revealed who voted for who, right?
I couldn't find anything on the interweb.
Just curious how the 14 head head coaches voted versus how the 46 media members voted.

2. Those 46 media members are the same people who voted SU to finish last. Expecting them to consider SU is worthy of 1st place votes is probably asking too much of them.

Will Dungey get the Brian Piccolo award at least? Or maybe Kelly Bryant for having the courage to bail out after 4 games? That way, Clemson gets a clean sweep.

This is so laughable I can’t even care.
Bill Belichick does the best coaching job almost every year but because of his reputation never wins Coach of the Year.
Dabo probably has a bonus for this award.
If Dino has one the SU AD would be smart to just pay him that bonus as he was screwed.

It’s a little surprising I guess but don’t exactly have a huge problem with it lol. Move along...

Then why did Narduzzi get 9 votes, and Addazio 1. And Mendenhall 1. Those are the voters you should be questioning.
How do you fix this then for future COY voting?

1. It's not revealed who voted for who, right?
I couldn't find anything on the interweb.
Just curious how the 14 head head coaches voted versus how the 46 media members voted.

2. Those 46 media members are the same people who voted SU to finish last. Expecting them to consider SU is worthy of 1st place votes is probably asking too much of them.
Dino voted for Dabo.
Dabo voted for Dino.
Dazzler voted for himself.

What a clown show...who in their right mind would give the Dazzler or Bronco a vote...I can see a few going to Pitt since they are in the champ game, but come on

Guess he’s going to get National Coach of the year then
He has a better chance for that than this.

Dabo is a very good coach. He did what he was supposed to do with the players and resources he had to work with. Clemson was projected by the experts to go 12-0 and they did it. Props to him; it is not easy to go undefeated; even in a weak year for ACC football.

But Babers and his staff outcoached Dabo in his own stadium. All Dabo did to get the win is take advantage of a worn down Syracuse defense by running the ball.

Syracuse might have 1 or 2 players that could start at Clemson.

Syracuse had no first team all conference players on offense and one, a true frosh, on defense.

Syracuse was picked to finish last in their division. I saw a bunch of power listings where Syracuse was listed last in the entire conference. Most experts had Syracuse finishing 4-8.

I ask you, who did the better job coaching up their players?

I hate the old boys network that is the ACC...

We will never get our fair shake in this southern conference. I sit here and watch Bill Belichick get screwed for coach of the year awards every single year because his team only does exactly what it is supposed to do, win with the best players (despite having a salary cap and a level field). This year Alex Cora set every record known to man with the Red Sox, and lost to Bob Melvin because Cora has the best players and Melvin took lesser guys to more unexpected heights.

But the ONE TIME MY guy is the cinderella story, the one time HE gets less touted talent to an amazing level, the old boys network sticks with the blue bloods.

I know there is no going back, but I really hate our company sometimes.

Dabo is a very good coach. He did what he was supposed to do with the players and resources he had to work with. Clemson was projected by the experts to go 12-0 and they did it. Props to him; it is not easy to go undefeated; even in a weak year for ACC football.

But Babers and his staff outcoached Dabo in his own stadium. All Dabo did to get the win is take advantage of a worn down Syracuse defense by running the ball.

Syracuse had no first team all conference players on offense and one, a true frosh, on defense.

Syracuse was picked to finish last in their division. I saw a bunch of power listings where Syracuse was listed last in the entire conference. Most experts had Syracuse finishing 4-8.

Absolutely no one

My guess is Brian Kelly wins National COY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom