Dino Babers thread... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers thread...

I'm just going to say it re: Babers age. His skin color might have kept him from getting a fair shake as a 40 something coordinator in Texas.
That might appeal to the recruits in FLA and GA. Just saying. If he was hired.

So, where are things now with Dino Babers. Well, first he has a football game to coach in 72 hours. Thereafter…well that’s where things become a bit more grey. Sources tell FootballScoop that Babers has spoken with Missouri AD Mack Rhoades. We are also told that Maryland’s interest in Babers is growing. Could Syracuse call on him too? Wouldn’t rule that out just yet.

http://footballscoop.com/news/dino-babers-wont-have-a-dull-weekend/

My question is for those that believe the $1.2M offer to Frost was adequate - what should an offer for Babers be, especially when his base is only $400K/yr (less than what Frost is making as an assistant)?

My question is for those that believe the $1.2M offer to Frost was adequate - what should an offer for Babers be, especially when his base is only $400K/yr (less than what Frost is making as an assistant)?

Babers and Montgomery should receive around the same offer as Campbell at Iowa State

They may throw the 1.2 at him as well.

They may throw the 1.2 at him as well.

Which means he won't be here. His compatriot, Matt Campbell, who was making $500K at Toledo, received $2M/yr to start from Iowa St. You can bet Babers will expect something similar.

Babers and Montgomery should receive around the same offer as Campbell at Iowa State

I agree and means he won't be at SU.

I hope to have to eat those words, but from everything being said and what has happened, I just don't see SU willing to pay.

Get either. I don't care. I'll love either one.

I can't believe that we aren't at least looking at Baldwin, since I haven't seen his name mentioned as being interviewed. Of all/most of the candidates people want, Baldwin seems like the guy most likely to take a 1.2+ offer. Guy makes 220K as a HC in a successful program. He was making less than 200K until 2014.

It's depressing to think that if ANY other P5 school wants a guy we are courting, they almost certainly will have first dibs. We seriously are left with whomever is remaining after the rest of our "peers" have secured their guys. Sounds like other schools are eyeing Babers. We can probably rule him out. Let's hope Montgomery just really LOVES the thought of Dinosaur BBQ lunches and shopping at Carousel during the Holiday season.

I can't believe that we aren't at least looking at Baldwin, since I haven't seen his name mentioned as being interviewed. Of all/most of the candidates people want, Baldwin seems like the guy most likely to take a 1.2+ offer. Guy makes 220K as a HC in a successful program. He was making less than 200K until 2014.
I don't even care if they interview him. They can just directly hand him a contract at this point.

Babers is out of our league.
Feel her breath on my face
Her body close to me
Can't look in her eyes
She's out of my league
Just a fool to believe
I have anything she needs
She's like the wind

1.2 is not the number that we offered. I'd bet we offer 2 for Babers. Might not be enough, but maybe you throw in an extra year.

Barbers brief presser about the false rumors with UCF was pretty funny. He said he wished someone had put their name on the report because he had just hired a new lawyer and wanted to see if he was worth the money he is being paid.

TheCusian said:
1.2 is not the number that we offered. I'd bet we offer 2 for Babers. Might not be enough, but maybe you throw in an extra year.

Offer him 2.25 and call it a day.

In the meantime ask him in the down low if any of our assistants (ahem acosta) fit someone he would keep on staff and name him interim so we can keep recruiting this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom