Dino is back next year | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dino is back next year

Until the part where we didn’t get invited to the ACC in 2003.

He was feeding good info until the story changed.

My point is information is fluid. I don’t take anything at face value bc tomorrow it can change.

I won’t believe Dino is back until after tomorrow. He may wake up and think “I don’t need this crap anymore”

You are right. Everything was dead nuts on until in the 24th hour gov Warner threatened uva and made them change their vote.

Just want a winning team; whatever it takes to stop 18/20 terrible years of losing

You are right. Everything was dead nuts on until in the 24th hour gov Warner threatened uva and made them change their vote.
That’s my point
We could all have inside info about Dino returning and he wakes up and decides to walk away at 930am. Fluid situation

That’s my point
We could all have inside info about Dino returning and he wakes up and decides to walk away at 930am. Fluid situation
I wouldn’t want to climb that mountain what a mess, the fact that joe Moorehead is looking at Akron definitely is deflating now that I know he is most definitely attainable

You don't know what you are talking about. GS is NOT the problem! Dino/Gilbert are the problem. They both are well below average coaches and that is so apparent. No need to blame ANY player for these failures. It has been the offensive issues since Dino's been head coach. If not for Dungey saving Dino's job he would have been gone a long time ago.
Good lord.

Schrader is awful. He can’t throw.

One issue I have is that’s a lot there that needs to go right and happen to be successful next year. I just don’t have confidence DB is capable of doing all that just to remain competitive in more games than not. A lot of things you mentioned are self inflicted wounds that happen when a coach/staff aren’t up to the task. Poor recruiting and poor player development has been a huge issue. We’re not just going to drastically improve recruiting with a new coach. I get that. But we need a coach and staff that can identify more players that may not start/play in years 1-2 but become good players in years 3-4. Not just see the field b/c of depth issues but are actual players at this level. You can point to players becoming great players on the team but every CFB team has success stories. Ours are few and far between and that’s largely a result of poor recruiting and development.
Problem now with player development is that kids do not want to stay around long enough to develop. Even those that are getting significant playing time are leaving teams for the portal.

GS can’t throw. Period. Find the best thrower on the team. He should be the guy next year. GS is a good change up
When two of our greatest deficiencies are (a) a functional OL that can protect the QB, and (b) WRs/TEs who can get open and catch the ball, a “throwing QB” is not the answer. We saw that movie.

This is a bad year to hire someone there are blue bloods that appear to be losing the game of musical chairs.
I’m not sure about that. With lots of shifting at the very top programs, we may find a few very qualified assistants who are looking for a gig.

Good lord.

Schrader is awful. He can’t throw.

I love his toughness and running ability, but I've been saying since day 1 he can't throw. Anyone can easily see why he was moved to WR at his previous school.

When two of our greatest deficiencies are (a) a functional OL that can protect the QB, and (b) WRs/TEs who can get open and catch the ball, a “throwing QB” is not the answer. We saw that movie.
Other than Tucker, Its like the only thing thats worked is improvising. Thats never a good feeling.

Guess I’m confused. The AD is happy with the progress this year which got us to 5-7 after a 1-10 year, so he retains Dino. Then Dino fires the assistants who helped him get to 5-7? Help me understand

I think you can expect Dino to here for at least 3 more years

Assuming JW is telling him, I’ll give you a chance to fix this………again

Guess I’m confused. The AD is happy with the progress this year which got us to 5-7 after a 1-10 year, so he retains Dino. Then Dino fires the assistants who helped him get to 5-7? Help me understand
Or he is firing the assistants who kept him from going 7-5.

AD stated a goal preseason and that goal was met, but it was an interim program goal. Return to playing competitive football. To take the next step there needs to be a further evolution and the areas that underperformed most egregiously had to be addressed.

We still could have gone if Jake hadn't let the head Of BC talk him into staying in the Big East. Then they went behind our back and begged to get in.

Did you watch the second half of this season? We were basically a triple option team…
running it out of the shotgun! The offense lost me when we were in the shotgun on the 1 yard line with the run game we had. You can't even sneak it from the gun.

Hire someone who knows how to run the triple option at least if we're going to use it. Bring in a Fullback, zoom with George DeLeone a few times, understand run blocking techniques for that type of offense.

Alright, Babers is back for next year. No fighting it.

He has my full support but the bar is at 6 wins plus a bowl win for me.

Anything less should be absolutely unacceptable for our AD, if our current situation is not already.

Now get on the recruiting trail after the 10 AM presser affirms it

We still could have gone if Jake hadn't let the head Of BC talk him into staying in the Big East. Then they went behind our back and begged to get in.
I think Jake was ok with that. He didn't like getting lied to but he wasn't exactly tap dancing into the ACC. He built the Big East. It's not easy being an arsonist even when the money is good.

I felt bad for Jake during that exercise because he knew that they had the chance to be the hunter and blew it

I think Jake was ok with that. He didn't like getting lied to but he wasn't exactly tap dancing into the ACC. He built the Big East. It's not easy being an arsonist even when the money is good.

I felt bad for Jake during that exercise because he knew that they had the chance to be the hunter and blew it
That was the problem, Jake was a good guy , old school caught in a bad situation. Had we gone then, our football program might not have exploded. We might have continued strong in basketball. We were coming off Melo and company, a big deal for the ACC at that time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom