Dino is back next year | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dino is back next year

Alright, Babers is back for next year. No fighting it.

He has my full support but the bar is at 6 wins plus a bowl win for me.

Anything less should be absolutely unacceptable for our AD, if our current situation is not already.

Now get on the recruiting trail after the 10 AM presser affirms it
As many have pointed out, the excuses are baked in for next year. New OC, new offense being implemented, tougher schedule . . . The bar is being competitive. Number of wins and Bowls (secondary Bowls anyway) are irrelevant as long as the team is competitive. Babers is Head Coach through the end of his Contract (2 or 3 more years - has anyone figured that out yet?) Hope for the best next year and look for a winning season in 2023.

We know now. Wildhack doesn’t have Babers fire three assistants and retain two others if he isn’t still HC. If Dino was gone the new coach would decide if he wants to retain anyone.
Again, we will know for sure after this morning. What you’re talking about is logically most likely, I’m talking about actual confirmation from the horse’s mouth.

Or he is firing the assistants who kept him from going 7-5.

AD stated a goal preseason and that goal was met, but it was an interim program goal. Return to playing competitive football. To take the next step there needs to be a further evolution and the areas that underperformed most egregiously had to be addressed.
I didn’t know those assistants made the following decisions
1. Go for a Td in the FSU instead of taking the points in the first quarter.
Game we lost by 3.
2. Kick a 46 yard FG against Clemson instead of going for a 4th and 1 and win the game.
3. Mismanage the clock after a TD against Wake Forest when we wanted to go for 2.

The assistants didn’t do any of these things.

We still could have gone if Jake hadn't let the head Of BC talk him into staying in the Big East. Then they went behind our back and begged to get in.

ACC needed one more team to get to 12.

They went with the bigger media market in Boston.

Joke was on the ACC though. More people in Boston watch Harvard than BC.

ACC needed one more team to get to 12.

They went with the bigger media market in Boston.

Joke was on the ACC though. More people in Boston watch Harvard than BC.
Watch Harvard play Hockey.

No he can’t. Just because I landed a 3 wood on the green from 220 yards doesn’t meant I am a good striker of the golf ball. I can, on occasion, hit one really well, but usually, I’m pretty poor. I have, on occasion, had good rounds, but am usually 90+.
He is a 53% passer. Doing it well only occasionally proves the point.
Heh…we started the year with the guy who was the best thrower. That was terrible.

One thing is clear John Wildhack OWNS THIS.
If we don’t go to a bowl next year that failure goes on Wildhack’s ledger.
Rock star AD owns this.
We lead the P5 in transfers this year similar to the women's basketball team. So instead of making a change he shoves all his chips to the middle of the table

I love his toughness and running ability, but I've been saying since day 1 he can't throw. Anyone can easily see why he was moved to WR at his previous school.
Did people not watch the Pitt game? He had a very good passing game. He was awful the Louisville and NC State games. He has shown that he has it in him. We just need to get that out of him consistently.

We know now. Wildhack doesn’t have Babers fire three assistants and retain two others if he isn’t still HC. If Dino was gone the new coach would decide if he wants to retain anyone.
What if Marrone is coming but doesn't want the distraction before the SEC CG. He tells JW who on the staff he wants to keep. Don't announce Dino out until Sunday?

As many have pointed out, the excuses are baked in for next year. New OC, new offense being implemented, tougher schedule . . . The bar is being competitive. Number of wins and Bowls (secondary Bowls anyway) are irrelevant as long as the team is competitive. Babers is Head Coach through the end of his Contract (2 or 3 more years - has anyone figured that out yet?) Hope for the best next year and look for a winning season in 2023.
As a season ticket holder I want a bowl win next year. I love the dome, I love supporting the team but you can only do so much for so little in return before you start feeling stupid.

What if Marrone is coming but doesn't want the distraction before the SEC CG. He tells JW who on the staff he wants to keep. Don't announce Dino out until Sunday?
Possibilities exist.

Did people not watch the Pitt game? He had a very good passing game. He was awful the Louisville and NC State games. He has shown that he has it in him. We just need to get that out of him consistently.

You don't need to be bad every single time to be considered a poor throwing QB, just like the last second bomb to beat VTech doesn't make him a clutch QB. One game doesn't change my mind.

Until the part where we didn’t get invited to the ACC in 2003.

He was feeding good info until the story changed.

My point is information is fluid. I don’t take anything at face value bc tomorrow it can change.

I won’t believe Dino is back until after tomorrow. He may wake up and think “I don’t need this crap anymore”
Of course, things change. That doesn't mean the mole was wrong.

I didn’t know those assistants made the following decisions
1. Go for a Td in the FSU instead of taking the points in the first quarter.
Game we lost by 3.
2. Kick a 46 yard FG against Clemson instead of going for a 4th and 1 and win the game.
3. Mismanage the clock after a TD against Wake Forest when we wanted to go for 2.

The assistants didn’t do any of these things.
If only you had lent your crystal ball to Dino for #'s 1 and 2.

As a season ticket holder I want a bowl win next year. I love the dome, I love supporting the team but you can only do so much for so little in return before you start feeling stupid.

This x1000000

Very frustrating to keep investing money and time and getting so little….

It has to be a bowl game WIN to retain Dino now IMO

If you want to look at it half-full (you know I do) then he aced his DC and OL hires, maybe going away from the Briles tree and finding a great OC is possible

He had a good 2nd half against Virginia Tech too. Consistency is definitely an issue, can be drive to drive, half to half, or game to game with him. Having a more stable line would help with that IMO. And a better WR corps that can catch more consistently.

Alright, Babers is back for next year. No fighting it.

He has my full support but the bar is at 6 wins plus a bowl win for me.

Anything less should be absolutely unacceptable for our AD, if our current situation is not already.

Now get on the recruiting trail after the 10 AM presser affirms it
Gotta get his staff bottomed out asap.

rumor mill (ahem parents) say he was dealing with rib cartilage issues/bruised ribs since the VT game. Which if anyone remembers the last play where 57 allows a free shot to deck him right in those bruised ribs, not a stretch to think so.

Also not a stretch to imagine it's quite hard to throw through that type injury, and it sure looked like it until this past saturday after enough time to heal it up (the BC game they barely needed to throw). Sure looked to me like a kid playing through injury from then until this past weekend. Next year is the judgement year for me, this after healing up 100% and, one can assume, working on his passing game with his receivers all off season and, hopefully, having an intact OL to protect him.

I think if ADJW wishes to remain credible to with donors and fans, then Dino needs a convincing season next year no matter what. I would wager 6 wins wouldn't cut it at this point. I also think that if Dino starts the first half of 22 season poorly, then White gets the bump in season to see what he can do.

If only you had lent your crystal ball to Dino for #'s 1 and 2.

I expected nothing less from you and this clown show reply.

Sure he can, did a good job Saturday. This issue is Gilbert is so bad that he couldn't even get TD to be effective in this crappy offensive scheme.
Killdozer rocking the orange tinted glasses like a pro now

running it out of the shotgun! The offense lost me when we were in the shotgun on the 1 yard line with the run game we had. You can't even sneak it from the gun.

Hire someone who knows how to run the triple option at least if we're going to use it. Bring in a Fullback, zoom with George DeLeone a few times, understand run blocking techniques for that type of offense.
All old successful offenses get hoovered up and integrated into modern concepts - very little to be gained be dusting off those old books

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom