Dino to be on CFP Coaches room | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Dino to be on CFP Coaches room

Agree 100%, doesn't mean he wont take a shot. That said, he seems to continue to evolve as a coach every year, keeps getting better. He's always been a hell of a recruiter and his message works in the South for sure.

He's clearly a top 3-5 coach, IMO but he's also had the QB. Jimbo cooled off for a couple years but I think with their qb coming back as a sophomore FSU will be tough next year. To me there is Saban #1 and #2 starting to look like Dabo and not Urban but just when you count Urban out just a bit he will come back. Jimbo and Harbaugh are next up as well.

One thing they all have in common GREAT recruiters with budgets and facilities that most coaches could only dream of
FSU has the second best odds to win the title next year behind Bama.

Louisville and Clemson also in the Top 10 in terms of odds.

Clemson has the 2nd best QB in the country coming in this year along with the top WR and, I believe, the top overall recruit as QB coming in next year.

How so? Can't end a game on a defensive penalty.

Clock would have been at or near zero...forcing Clemson to make 1 play to win or kick the FG. I think he would have kicked to get into OT.

Dazzler " not enough time for 2 plays"
Dino " guarantee there is enough time fir 2 plays"

Dazzler lol
The interaction between Addazio and Dino was kind of strange.

Addazio would often disagree with Dino. Their fundamental philosophical differences were apparent. He wasn't rude but about the only times he talked were in response to things Dino said. I wonder if he was influenced by the director looking for some conflict? Or trying to show that he knows something about football too?

You can see why some players like Addazio. Personable, gruff, embodies old school toughness. He talks like he is a kid...lots of 'bros', 'dudes' and whoas' peppered in his sentences. But he just didn't get that you had to attack the man coverage against that great Bama defense to put points on the board.

Ruhle came off as very knowledgeable, likable and laid back. I suspect he will do well at Baylor.

Dino was good. Threw out some good natured barbs, made some good points, engaged in breaking down what was going on regularly. But it looked like he was reluctant to say a lot...maybe because he didn't want to dominate the show.
Doeren came off as inarticulate and boring. Why would anyone want to play for him? He isn't getting a gig in the broadcasting booth anytime soon.

The BYU coach had a little more personality but not much. Very quiet. The Colorado coach was somewhere in between.

They should have just had Rhule, dazzler and Dino on as well as Griese who I thought did a nice job as well. I really think Daz and Dino like one another for sure

Clock would have been at or near zero...forcing Clemson to make 1 play to win or kick the FG. I think he would have kicked to get into OT.

Good point.

Babers would have gone for it. :D ;)

Addazio would often disagree with Dino. Their fundamental philosophical differences were apparent. He wasn't rude but about the only times he talked were in response to things Dino said. I wonder if he was influenced by the director looking for some conflict? Or trying to show that he knows something about football too?

You can see why some players like Addazio. Personable, gruff, embodies old school toughness. He talks like he is a kid...lots of 'bros', 'dudes' and whoas' peppered in his sentences. But he just didn't get that you had to attack the man coverage against that great Bama defense to put points on the board.

Ruhle came off as very knowledgeable, likable and laid back. I suspect he will do well at Baylor.

Dino was good. Threw out some good natured barbs, made some good points, engaged in breaking down what was going on regularly. But it looked like he was reluctant to say a lot...maybe because he didn't want to dominate the show.
Doeren came off as inarticulate and boring. Why would anyone want to play for him? He isn't getting a gig in the broadcasting booth anytime soon.

The BYU coach had a little more personality but not much. Very quiet. The Colorado coach was somewhere in between.

I think Dino's philosophy is personally upsetting to Addazzio. It's an affront to his "meatheadedness"...

pretty spot on with the dynamics. I made similar observations. Addazio seemingly disagree with Dino about everything. It was interesting to say the least.

Part of me wondered if Dino was reluctant at times because he keeps his 'secret sauce' close to the vest. He doesn't want to tip his strategy hand to conference foes. He bit his lip a little when it came to breaking down how he would attack. Was just something I picked up on.

I did not think the BYU guy was very articulate in trying to convey his thoughts, so I'll be interested to see how his teams perform.

How so? Can't end a game on a defensive penalty.
The game wouldn't have ended. However Bama would have been guaranteed OT. By committing the penalty all on receivers Watson has to throw it away and Clemson kicks the FG. Not holding all the receivers gave Clemson a free chance to win on that last play.

This was so cool to watch. These guys are watching this game, and seeing things on a completely different level than any of us. One takeaway from watching Dino break down the film...If he didn't think Jordan Fredericks was the right guy to play...then he' is 100% right.

pretty spot on with the dynamics. I made similar observations. Addazio seemingly disagree with Dino about everything. It was interesting to say the least.

Part of me wondered if Dino was reluctant at times because he keeps his 'secret sauce' close to the vest. He doesn't want to tip his strategy hand to conference foes. He bit his lip a little when it came to breaking down how he would attack. Was just something I picked up on.

I did not think the BYU guy was very articulate in trying to convey his thoughts, so I'll be interested to see how his teams perform.

Not sure why people are surprised by this.

Syracuse- offensively oriented. Move fast. Lots of throws. Quick decisions. Bend don't break d.

Bc- defensively oriented. Establish the run. Play action passes. Tough defense inside.

Everyone on this board knows the styles of each, so why would people be surprised when the head coaches of each school have different takes during the game?

I enjoyed this and Babers knew basically what play Alabama was going to run and made the point of saying man coverage rules late in the 2nd. half

Thank god no Clawson.

What i'd pay to see a coaches film room of Boeheim, Buzz, Dixon, Wright, Cooley, Pitino, Calhoun, Thompson and for comedic relief the one and only Crean

One thing you heard from Dino.. Run down hill, he wants to run down hill and then attack the man.. The offense needs to be able to run to force the D into more decisions so he can attack more often.. Cant wait until we get a power RB and a functional oline..

Maybe Strickland and Fredericks were too much dance and east west and not enough power down hill

One thing you heard from Dino.. Run down hill, he wants to run down hill and then attack the man.. The offense needs to be able to run to force the D into more decisions so he can attack more often.. Cant wait until we get a power RB and a functional oline..
Yup.

Was surprised that no one asked Dino about Gehrig Dieter, the Alabama WR who was a record breaking AA WR for him at Bowling Green in 2014-2015. He was barely used by Bama and fumbled the only time he touched the ball. Griese should have done his homework and asked about that.

Yup.

Was surprised that no one asked Dino about Gehrig Dieter, the Alabama WR who was a record breaking AA WR for him at Bowling Green in 2014-2015. He was barely used by Bama and fumbled the only time he touched the ball. Griese should have done his homework and asked about that.
He talked about Dieter. Both Doeren and Babers coached him at Bowling Green.
Babers said he has tremendous hands and was sad for him when he dropped a 3rd down pass.

For all the talk about how milquetoast the BYU coach is, I thought he had the best line of the night when Dino was teasing him about how old BYU's players are: "They aren't going on a mission to Gold's Gym. If sending players on mission was a good way to develop football players, I guarantee Alabama would be doing it."

I didn't watch much of the film room, but Babers seems to be getting pretty rave reviews.

He talked about Dieter. Both Doeren and Babers coached him at Bowling Green.
Babers said he has tremendous hands and was sad for him when he dropped a 3rd down pass.
Good, sorry I missed that. Will always wonder what would have happened had Dieter followed Dino to Syracuse instead of being largely wasted at Alabama.

2016 Alabama 15 catches 214 yards 4 TDs
2015 Bowling Green 94 catches 1033 yards 10 TDs
2014 Bowling Green 35 catches 460 yards 1 TD

For all the talk about how milquetoast the BYU coach is, I thought he had the best line of the night when Dino was teasing him about how old BYU's players are: "They aren't going on a mission to Gold's Gym. If sending players on mission was a good way to develop football players, I guarantee Alabama would be doing it."

I agree with you, I thought that was pretty funny. He seemed a little bit intimidated by the more experienced coaches in the room, but although he wasn't always articulate, he did seem to know his stuff.

I agree with him 100% about ejecting players for targeting, which in many cases is a product of fast aggressive play. yet if a player consciously chooses to taunt or shove a player after the play it is just a penalty.

Good, sorry I missed that. Will always wonder what would have happened had Dieter followed Dino to Syracuse instead of being largely wasted at Alabama.

2016 Alabama 15 catches 214 yards 4 TDs
2015 Bowling Green 94 catches 1033 yards 10 TDs
2014 Bowling Green 35 catches 460 yards 1 TD

To be on a bigger stage, chance at a national championship?

I agree, with all you said.

Dino & Ruhle are probably BFF's now. Both should be welcomed back w/ open arms for this next year.
Colorado guy was your cool, chill uncle. From Colorado.
Dazzler was your NE football meathead, and he's perfectly cast for his role. Perfect foil for Dino.
Doeren and BYU guy really didn't add very much. Hope you enjoy your parting gifts, and thanks for playing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom