Dino's Game 7 Press Conference | FSU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Game 7 Press Conference | FSU

I want the guy back that did locker room scenes that went viral, he seems to lost that Dino enthusiasm we all loved. ( Not expecting after Saturday but when we were 3-0 , 4-0 ) He just doesn’t seem himself this year, If the job is burning him out then it is time to go. I wish we could pull one off , even if it’s a dramatic comeback against one of the last 5. His charisma was one of his selling points, I want to see that.
Remeber 2016 (VT), 2017 (Clemson), and 2018 (FSU)? Felt like that energy was taking college football by storm. Here's hoping we have some of those left...

Btw, I love that Dino doesn’t recognize 110% as a thing. He rightfully states players only have 100% to give, and I agree with him because it’s a pet peeve of mine. My wife wants me to be more positive, so there it is.

I'm not gonna get all riled up about this one because I'm expecting a beatdown...it's what happens after the bye week that will have my attention. Still possible to run the table after FSU...

If we come out uninterested and sleep walking after a week off against VTech and get thumped then I'll throw in the towel...
We are the worst post bye team ever. I have penned in a loss at night at Tsch. You would have to be crazy to think otherwise

I wonder if Dino is considering retirement. He probably doesn't want to live in Syracuse but he strikes me as a guy who could transition into an excellent college athletics administrator.

Funny you say this. Go back and watch last weeks presser. About the targeting call he's says "I'm not allowed to say stuff like that"... Babers. It's time you did. I WANT to see him say the calls are crap. The replay is clear as flippin day. Everyone in the stands knows it, the TV announcers know it, everyone. Get your hand slapped and take the dam fine. You don't have to be an unhinged lunatic but you NEED TO stand up for yourself and call it out.

If I have to hear one more time, "we sent the tape in" I may have to go buy a Rutgers hoodie.
I agree. He should’ve defended his quarterback.

I wonder if Dino is considering retirement. He probably doesn't want to live in Syracuse but he strikes me as a guy who could transition into an excellent college athletics administrator.
Have been thinking the same. This new age of NIL, portal, etc. isn't for everyone, and I think Dino will soon (if he hasn't already) decide it's no longer for him, whether by own decision or if given a 'nudge'.

I want the guy back that did locker room scenes that went viral, he seems to lost that Dino enthusiasm we all loved. ( Not expecting after Saturday but when we were 3-0 , 4-0 ) He just doesn’t seem himself this year, If the job is burning him out then it is time to go. I wish we could pull one off , even if it’s a dramatic comeback against one of the last 5. His charisma was one of his selling points, I want to see that.

Dino stopped being that guy in the offseason heading into the 2019 season. His demeanor noticeably changed, and it's never been like it was those first 3 years.

Funny you say this. Go back and watch last weeks presser. About the targeting call he's says "I'm not allowed to say stuff like that"... Babers. It's time you did. I WANT to see him say the calls are crap. The replay is clear as flippin day. Everyone in the stands knows it, the TV announcers know it, everyone. Get your hand slapped and take the dam fine. You don't have to be an unhinged lunatic but you NEED TO stand up for yourself and call it out.

If I have to hear one more time, "we sent the tape in" I may have to go buy a Rutgers hoodie.

I've spent a lifetime berating people who criticize the lack of emotion from coaches on the sideline, but I'm reversing course on that when it comes to Dino. I've literally never seen a coach worse at working refs during a game. I can't believe a guy who had an office down the hall from Jim Boeheim for the past 7 years picked up nothing on that front.

I've literally watched a Stanley Cup outcome turn largely because one coach exquisitely worked the refs after a game 3 loss (Blues-Bruins, 2019). The series was called VERY differently after the Blues coach went on a post-game rant, and it helped his team immensely.

No one wants a Shafer-like lunatic out there. But working refs is very much part of the job, and it seems like something Dino actively refuses to do.

Dino stopped being that guy in the offseason heading into the 2019 season. His demeanor noticeably changed, and it's never been like it was those first 3 years.

I've spent a lifetime berating people who criticize the lack of emotion from coaches on the sideline, but I'm reversing course on that when it comes to Dino. I've literally never seen a coach worse at working refs during a game. I can't believe a guy who had an office down the hall from Jim Boeheim for the past 7 years picked up nothing on that front.

I've literally watched a Stanley Cup outcome turn largely because one coach exquisitely worked the refs after a game 3 loss (Blues-Bruins, 2019). The series was called VERY differently after the Blues coach went on a post-game rant, and it helped his team immensely.

No one wants a Shafer-like lunatic out there. But working refs is very much part of the job, and it seems like something Dino actively refuses to do.
If the product on the field is terrible either way I would take the side show of a screaming lunatic. At least it's exciting. Will he or won't he get tossed from the game for throwing a shoe, chair or bottle at a ref. Must see TV

I said it in the game thread - go viral in the post game presser (something slightly less aggressive than the Don La Greca rant on Evan Neal of the NY Giants which is worth a listen if you haven’t heard it), and talk about how these blatant calls are unfair to his team, their goals and sacrifices, and all the hard work they have put in. Let everyone know that this is the only time you will comment on this matter, and walk out. Then pay the fine, and let the talking heads on ESPN and the ACC network have at it.

Here you have a call that is indisputable. Officials will be on notice that they are being watched and will act accordingly. Oh, and you may possibly in the future get that holding call that was not made against Florida State 2 years ago which may have determined the outcome of that game.

Btw, making this rant is not in any way blaming the officials for a loss - it is sticking up for your guys who literally sweat and bleed on the field and only ask to be treated fairly - no more, no less.

In summary, let me be clear - that call is not the reason they lost to North Carolina. That is a whole other conversation.
Yeah, he should say something brilliant like;

"They were, who we thought they were. You wanna crown them, then go ahead and crown them. And playoffs? Playoffs? Besides, I'm a man...I'm 40"!!
And then flip a chair as he storms off the podium.

Last edited:
We lost guys to LSU, Ohio State, South Carolina and Texas Tech. We picked up guys from Notre Dame, Alabama, Nebraska and Missouri. Duce is gone from LSU already, Ja'Had has a whopping two tackles, Geer has one whole entire tackle and Linton is playing well. Pretty lame excuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom