Dion to Minnesota? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dion to Minnesota?

I don't know how the Twolves just don't take Bennett,Wiggins,2015 Miami first round pick for Love.
That is way beyond what anyone else will give them it's a steal for Minnesota and Cleveland becomes the best team in the East with the best player and 2 more top 15 players in Irving and Love.
if thats the deal, then yeah...they would be insane to walk away from that.

love is not resigning there, that has got to be the best deal out there.

its actually tilted their way id say.

does put cleveland as the eastern chalk, though.

Well for one, trading Love now and giving up all hope of the playoffs isn't going to help sell tickets. Minnesota can also hope that someone gets real desperate during the year and gives them a better offer. Since Love is in his final year, it wouldn't help him to coast if he isn't traded before the season.

They probably wouldn't do it because the owner is cheap, but Phoenix could offer Bledsoe and the Morris Twins, maybe Len or a pick. GS could wake up and realize that Love is better than Klay and package him with Barnes. I just think Minnesota has some leverage still, even if they kept Love all year, he'd probably wants a sign and trade so they won't lose him for nothing.
Yeah, but Minnesota loses all leverage the second Love starts the season with Minnesota. Teams won't give up assets for in season trades Melo is only star who has been traded midseason. Love will resign if he is traded to Golden State or Cleveland, I don't think he will resign if gets moved to Phoenix. Bledsoe is a good player but is completely insane if he thinks he is worth a max which is what he wants from Phoenix now 5 yrs 84 million it would make no sense for Minnesota to want that. Wiggins/Bennett are under control for 9 years Wiggins 5 years, Bennett 4 years. Klay Thompson is going to have to be part of a GS trade or he won't get moved. If Love isn't dealt before the season I could see him going to the Lakers next offseason. If Love gets sign and traded next offseason the TWolves won't get more than a trade exemption, first round picks because no team would give real assets at that point.

Deron Williams was traded mid-season as well. He was considered pretty close to Melo's level as a star at the time, at least.

Minnesota is probably hoping for an Aldridge situation; everyone thought he was leaving, but they had a good season, and he plans on extending. They have some talent in Minnesota, they had a strong point differential last year, mayeb they just roll the dice

I see the idea that it may be mortgaging their future, but you have the best player on the planet at 29 years old...which automatically puts you at "win now" mode.

I would make the trade.

Deron Williams was traded mid-season as well. He was considered pretty close to Melo's level as a star at the time, at least.

Minnesota is probably hoping for an Aldridge situation; everyone thought he was leaving, but they had a good season, and he plans on extending. They have some talent in Minnesota, they had a strong point differential last year, mayeb they just roll the dice
Good point Williams was an all-star when he got dealt so that is legit.
Love is gone its obvious, Aldridge now has Lillard and a good situation. Minnesota has Pekovic and Rubio. Only one of Rubio or Love can get the 5 year contract. Love will not resign with Minnesota he will sacrifice the 20-30 million to get the hell of Minnesota.

Zach Lavine you just got drafted by Minnesota
upload_2014-7-18_11-45-46.jpeg

Bledsoe is a good player but is completely insane if he thinks he is worth a max which is what he wants from Phoenix now 5 yrs 84 million
After seeing Hayward and Parsons get max money, I can see why Bledsoe wants what he does.

I see the idea that it may be mortgaging their future, but you have the best player on the planet at 29 years old...which automatically puts you at "win now" mode.

I would make the trade.

Yeah if ever there was a time to mortgage the future, it would be when you have the best player on the planet at close to his peak. In 5 years, Lebron is gonna be 35. He's still probably gonna be great, but he probably won't be the best player in the league. And mnaybe Wiggins is an all star. Or not. But the whole point of playing is to win a title. Also, Love is 25 years old, it's not exactly like he's over the hill.

I'm not saying Love is gonna stay (can't beelieve they didnt offer him the 5 year deal), but I can see Flip trying to talk himself into the Portland scenario.

I would make the trade.
Its obvious you make the trade. Love is only 26 yearss old and in his prime. I agree Wiggins could become Tracy McGrady, but he won't for 2-3 years. Irving and Love are better than Wade and Bosh. Irving and Love are top 15 players and Lebron is number 1. Love will sign an extension to play with Lebron.

After seeing Hayward and Parsons get max money, I can see why Bledsoe wants what he does.
Hayward didn't get a 5 year max like Bledsoe wants. Teams can only have one 5 year contract per team. Also, that Hayward contract was offered by Michael Jordan's team who might be the only owner worse at screwing his team more than Jim Dolan. Hayward's contract was a joke and the worst of this offseason, but Utah had no choice but to match it because they can't get any good FAs so they are wasting cap space on Hayward. Parsons only got a 3 year deal and he is somewhat worth 3 yrs 47 million because its a shorter contract.

Bledsoe even thinking he is worth 5 yrs 82 million is nuts and honestly shows he is nuts. He is probably going to sign an offer sheet with someone else and Phoneix will either sign and trade the guy and go after Rondo because the Phoenix GM Sean McDonough's little brother worked for Boston and was the guy who pushed Boston to trade for Rondo when he was drafted. Bledsoe is worth probably 4 yr 50-60 million range, but not a 5 yr guy.

Phoenix won't trade for Rondo. I'd argue that Dragic and Thomas are better than him. Ainge might have overplayed that hand because I don't know where you trade Rondo now. Sure, Indiana or Houston could use him, but what are they giving Boston in return? If Ainge can't get Love I think he's going to face some questions about his decisions.

I don't understand how Minnesota couldn't get players during the season or next summer for Love. GS is paying Kerr 5 million per year. Let's say they are sitting in 9th in January- do you think their owner is going to stand pat? Phoenix might not be a perfect match, but I could see Minny waiting a little bit to see how Bennett and Wiggins look before making a deal. A month ago people (not saying you Alsacs) were saying Wiggins could never be a lead guy and Bennett was the worst #1 ever, and now that's a good enough deal for a top 5-10 player in the NBA. I could see Minny holding off for a little while.

Its obvious you make the trade. Love is only 26 yearss old and in his prime. I agree Wiggins could become Tracy McGrady, but he won't for 2-3 years. Irving and Love are better than Wade and Bosh. Irving and Love are top 15 players and Lebron is number 1. Love will sign an extension to play with Lebron.

Obvious for some. Apparently some people think 25-26 is close to past your prime.

Hayward didn't get a 5 year max like Bledsoe wants. Teams can only have one 5 year contract per team. Also, that Hayward contract was offered by Michael Jordan's team who might be the only owner worse at screwing his team more than Jim Dolan. Hayward's contract was a joke and the worst of this offseason, but Utah had no choice but to match it because they can't get any good FAs so they are wasting cap space on Hayward. Parsons only got a 3 year deal and he is somewhat worth 3 yrs 47 million because its a shorter contract.

Bledsoe even thinking he is worth 5 yrs 82 million is nuts and honestly shows he is nuts. He is probably going to sign an offer sheet with someone else and Phoneix will either sign and trade the guy and go after Rondo because the Phoenix GM Sean McDonough's little brother worked for Boston and was the guy who pushed Boston to trade for Rondo when he was drafted. Bledsoe is worth probably 4 yr 50-60 million range, but not a 5 yr guy.

The only reason Bledsoe won't get a 4 year $64 million or whatever a max offer sheet would be is because the only team left that can really offer it is Philly and Phoenix and Philly has no interest. I could see Milwaukee getting him in a sign and trade if he ends up going anywhere. They can afford to pay him if it's in a sign and trade and they reportedly are very interested in him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom