Dion's learning curve | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Dion's learning curve

I'm thinking of watching Tuesday nights Thunder game. If the refs throw the game I'm done with the NBA forever!

I'm thinking of watching Tuesday nights Thunder game. If the refs throw the game I'm done with the NBA forever!

NBA refs>>>>college refs.

I'll never understand why some people say they won't watch NBA because refs throw the games but don't bat an eyelash at some of the officiating that goes on in Cameron, Phog Allen, the Dome, Rupp, etc.

But apparently the NBA ref's are so egregious you refuse to watch? Though I very well could have misunderstood your post.

I was on vacation in Holden Beach SC and watch this game with family:

As result, I was so disgusted by this game, especially since a close friend of mine was Kings fan so I was rooting for the Kings, I have not watch very many NBA games since. Maybe a total of 3 or 4 because of ex-Orange players playing. I'm still recovering from Laker/Kings game 6 craziness.

I'm hoping OKC pays him and he stays right there. I'd rather see him playing a big role on a perennial contender than starting for a lesser team. Assuming KD stays.
I think after what the Thunder have shown so far this year, KD will stick around. They have the most efficient starting five in the NBA right now and this is the first time in a few years they have been healthy. When Westbrook plays disciplined, he shows he truly has the potential to be the best player in the league. Hell, they won 3 STRAIGHT games on the road in the playoffs against the Spurs and Warriors, who lost 3 games combined ALL SEASON at home.
Billy Donovan seems to be a very likable guy in OKC as well. He was always one of the most respectable college coaches in my honest opinion.

Last edited:
You never know these days. Look at the Cavaliers' salaries. I think more owners are going to start paying over their salary cap to continue to compete in the near future.

I hope he has good game Tuesday night. All the Dion talk has me interested in watching him play.

I hope he has good game Tuesday night. All the Dion talk has me interested in watching him play.
He's been playing fairly well in the playoffs other than a bit of a shooting slump here and there. In the 3 games against the Warriors though he's shooting something like 46%, making good plays for himself and his team. His defense in Games 1 and 3 has been extremely good. Especially considering he's been guarding Klay Thompson and Steph Curry.

Uh, no. He will not.

when you are 24yrs old in a contact year and you running backup pg in 3rd and 4th quarters in the western conference finals and doing a good job at it. A NBA will pay you to be their PG next year! That is how it works!

A very different Dion than we saw only a month or so ago. He looks fantastic recently. So happy for him, even though i sorta would prefer Golden State to win the series.

A very different Dion than we saw only a month or so ago. He looks fantastic recently. So happy for him, even though i sorta would prefer Golden State to win the series.
The best part about not being a fan of any pro teams is that you can enjoy the competition without the need to root for anyone. I just like the entertainment of the playoffs in the NFL and NBA. I don't care who wins, but I honestly believe this is the Warriors being exposed. They aren't nearly as physical as some of the other teams in the league, and I am one of those people who think they would have lost last year had they played against a single healthy team in their playoff run. They've been the healthiest team over the past two seasons but that is changing when physical teams like Thunder and the Cavs aren't breaking legs. Literally. Not to say they will handily defeat the Warriors or anything, but the Warriors don't respond well to physical gameplay. That's how some mediocre teams managed to beat them in the regular season, they played them extremely physical.

Ibaka, Adams, KD, Westbrook, and even Dion are playing more physical than anybody they get matched up against in that series.

Last edited:
It's still only 2-1 You guys. This series is far from over.

It's still only 2-1 You guys. This series is far from over.
Especially when the league allows Draymond Green to play that reckless. I can't say I'm surprised they didn't suspend him, cause ya know, $$$$$$$$$. But that is ridiculous.

Especially when the league allows Draymond Green to play that reckless. I can't say I'm surprised they didn't suspend him, cause ya know, $$$$$$$$$. But that is ridiculous.
Actually he can't play reckless because he is only 1 technical away from an automatic 1 game suspension.