Dion's learning curve | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Dion's learning curve

Travis Singleton
Twitter › SneakerReporter
Steven Adams & Dion Waiters are playing too good for OKC's offseason budget right now
3 mins ago - Twitter
How unfortunate for OKC. Unlikely they're going to get past the warriors, and they're team is going to implode because everyone won't be able to get as much as they want.

How unfortunate for OKC. Unlikely they're going to get past the warriors, and they're team is going to implode because everyone won't be able to get as much as they want.
The cap is skyrocketing. I do hope they can keep them together. If they needed more cap space they could maybe get rid of Ibaka. Kanter/Adams are way more important than Serge and Waiters is way more important than Roberson, Foye or Morrow. That finishing lineup OKC has finally figured out is pretty legit on both ends of the floor.

It also looks like Donovan is doing a pretty good job getting Dion to buy in as well as integrating his skill set which is tough with two ball dominant guys like KD and RW.

The cap is skyrocketing. I do hope they can keep them together. If they needed more cap space they could maybe get rid of Ibaka. Kanter/Adams are way more important than Serge and Waiters is way more important than Roberson, Foye or Morrow. That finishing lineup OKC has finally figured out is pretty legit on both ends of the floor.

It also looks like Donovan is doing a pretty good job getting Dion to buy in as well as integrating his skill set which is tough with two ball dominant guys like KD and RW.

Waiters s is gone! He will be a starting lead guard next year.

LaMarcus Aldridge coming up very small for San Antonio. Kawhi < Durant and Westbrook. Add in that OKC's role players are more talented and playing better than their Spurs counterparts, and its been tough for Pop and company. Game 6 could be the end of a great run and great career for TD.

LaMarcus Aldridge coming up very small for San Antonio. Kawhi < Durant and Westbrook. Add in that OKC's role players are more talented and playing better than their Spurs counterparts, and its been tough for Pop and company. Game 6 could be the end of a great run and great career for TD.
Duncan should have retired two years ago when they won the title.

It's strange to read Thunder message boards and the fans all fear the same thing and are praying that they get him resigned. Who would've thought...

He will be a Knick next year mark it down!

They gave up a 1st rounder for Crapgnani, right?

Dion has played pretty well, better than I thought, but I still think some are way too high on him. I've been wrong before though.

The cap is skyrocketing. I do hope they can keep them together. If they needed more cap space they could maybe get rid of Ibaka. Kanter/Adams are way more important than Serge .

You seem to be right in this series but I still think the shot blocking/floor spacing Ibaka provides is more important.

The interesting thing is Kanter/Adams played 127 minutes together all regular season; OKC was a +5 in those 127 minutes. They've already played 66 minutes together in the post-season, they're +25. 13 minutes in the first round, so a ton in this series. Not sure how much of it is opponent dependent.

Dion has played pretty well, better than I thought, but I still think some are way too high on him. I've been wrong before though.

You seem to be right in this series but I still think the shot blocking/floor spacing Ibaka provides is more important.

The interesting thing is Kanter/Adams played 127 minutes together all regular season; OKC was a +5 in those 127 minutes. They've already played 66 minutes together in the post-season, they're +25. 13 minutes in the first round, so a ton in this series. Not sure how much of it is opponent dependent.

Aldridge was wearing Ibaka out in the post. That is why Kanter is playing over Ibaka

Never thought I'd see the day where Dion Waiters and Enes Kanter are in the game for defensive reasons.

Dion's defense the second half of the year have been great. I think banging with Adams in practice has really helped Kanter but that's purely a guess. They are both young player that are still getting better.

Never thought I'd see the day where Dion Waiters and Enes Kanter are in the game for defensive reasons.

Dion's defense the second half of the year have been great. I think banging with Adams in practice has really helped Kanter but that's purely a guess. They are both young player that are still getting better.

Game 6 from Twitter : @Natural_OneDurr still put up 60 though so at least he went out with a bang. Timmy finna go out getting crossed by Dion Waiters lol
Dion is 24 min from WCF vs Golden State.

Dion's situation will be completely dependent on how the KD situation shakes out.

He played really well in this series, however. good for him. He's clearly been working.

Bowen on Mike and Mike said this morning he knocks Syracuse players for the zone, but Waiters has been great defensively and he thinks he light bulb has turned on for him.

Bowen on Mike and Mike said this morning he knocks Syracuse players for the zone, but Waiters has been great defensively and he thinks he light bulb has turned on for him.

There was a point where he was the best defensive player on the court for OKC during this series. He's obviously not elite, but he's so much better than he was. When he is engaged, he really can get it going.

I wonder how much of it is team chemistry, new coach, etc and how much is him working on his game (which I'm sure he does).

OKC has had three years of injuries and this is the first year where they had some real stability (outside of the new coach).

To anyone who says that the quality and skill level of basketball has somehow regressed... please watch this upcoming Thunder/Warriors series. It's going to be insane.

Its not the thunder and warriors that people are saying the game of bball has digressed, its the 25 teams in the league who stink right now.