DL Jatius Geer transferring to South Carolina | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

DL Jatius Geer transferring to South Carolina

I dont recall 1 person saying he was their best D lineman. In fact I heard several people say they like the D line unit still.
The comments of melting down is a bit hyperbolic. Do we even know if it was about being surpassed on the depth chart. He is listed at 233, that's really small.

The comments of melting down is a bit hyperbolic. Do we even know if it was about being surpassed on the depth chart. He is listed at 233, that's really small.
Mostly comments about the effects of NIL. People like the potential of Geer. No one said he was their best lineman. This is a discussion board. People are gonna talked about things. It’s what you are currently doing.

From the Daily Orange article today, he's added 25-30lbs it sounds like. I personally think he had as much potential as anyone on the D-line.
Honestly curious if he was surpassed on depth chart. Jobity looks like he popped during spring game.

From the Daily Orange article today, he's added 25-30lbs it sounds like. I personally think he had as much potential as anyone on the D-line.

Yeah, this is a bummer. Period.

Doesn’t even matter if he was a starter, he was certainly gonna be in the rotation.

I somewhat shrugged off losing Linton, because we had Geer waiting in the wings.

So much for that….

That said - it’s not entirely out of the realm of possibility that he comes back.
See: ** Damien Alford & Jeremiah Wilson

** edited, because I am a dumbass.
:p

Last edited:
Losing him sucks. We’ve got other bodies though. Less deep than we were yesterday though.

Yeah, this is a bummer. Period.

Doesn’t even matter if he was a starter, he was certainly gonna be in the rotation.

I somewhat shrugged off losing Linton, because we had Geer waiting in the wings.

So much for that….

That said - it’s not entirely out of the realm of possibility that he comes back.
See: Steve Alford & Jeremiah Wilson
I think you have the wrong Alford!

My interest in college football/basketball is waning big time. I’m almost checked out. I never thought in a million years I’d think that.

Thank god lacrosse is a non revenue sport, it’ll pretty much stay pure.
Feeling the same way. I mean what’s the point? Definitely not fun losing guys you develop when they finally become upperclassmen. Makes me not want to care for any player we sign and pretty much caps our yearly ceiling.

I am all for NIL and players getting theirs. At the same time, I am fine if SYR decides it cannot compete in this new environment and decides to get out and play at a level with other schools with the same resources. We find and develop talent only to see them transfer to a monied powerhouse. Chestnut, Carter and now Geer. I would not complain for a second if SYR says "We're out."

You mean if SYR fans decide it cannot compete. SYR the university does not pay NIL.

Thank god we are deep at DL. I hate to see him go but there might be more to the story than we think, I am very confident we have a the players to easily replace him.

Feeling the same way. I mean what’s the point? Definitely not fun losing guys you develop when they finally become upperclassmen. Makes me not want to care for any player we sign and pretty much caps our yearly ceiling.
Ya, my favorite part of college basketball and football was seeing the young guy show flashes and watch them develop over the years. We still have some of those but I feel it will get worse as NIL matures. I’m on the hairy edge of saying F it but it’s been such a big part of my life since the mid 80’s. It’s what I imagine it’s like kicking crack.

You mean if SYR fans decide it cannot compete. SYR the university does not pay NIL.
yes, the fans and supporters will make that decision for SYR, if the donations lag behind in the collectives compared to other schools, a decision will have to be made. I do not want to be a farm system for the SEC/Big 10/Big 12 huge public state schools

Some seem to forget depth was our biggest issue and continues to be . This loss is a good punch to the gut. You can say o well next man up but man it’s just getting tiring to watch the coaches invest in someone and then they bolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom