DL Jatius Geer transferring to South Carolina | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

DL Jatius Geer transferring to South Carolina

My interest in college football/basketball is waning big time. I’m almost checked out. I never thought in a million years I’d think that.

Thank god lacrosse is a non revenue sport, it’ll pretty much stay pure.
Can’t say I disagree with you, however at 62 , Fall Saturdays have been so much of my existence that I can’t honestly say I will stop attending. So for me I plan to ride it out wherever it goes , and I’ll be in sect 333 every home game and at a couple road games as usual….. carry on.

Welcome to new age professional college sports!!!! Sports are going down the drain until this nonsense gets rained in. No one can implement rules without offending someone nowadays so hopefully someone with a brain can make rules and changes to keep college sports at least somewhat wholesome again.

Can’t say I disagree with you, however at 62 , Fall Saturdays have been so much of my existence that I can’t honestly say I will stop attending. So for me I plan to ride it out wherever it goes , and I’ll be in sect 333 every home game and at a couple road games as usual….. carry on.
same. I will look at the roster a week before the first game as then I think it's somewhat safe to say that's the team for at least a few months. Roster going to flip every year now, just the way it is.

I know a great number of these players don’t care about the education (not all but see CJ Strouds answer about test taking) but can you imagine transferring from a top 50 educational institution to transfer to West Virginia or South Carolina? If he doesn’t ever make a dime from the NFL he significantly weakens the trajectory of his professional earning power when he gets his first job. Hope the few hundred thousand to leave was worth it.

Same just a different age. It definitely sucks though.

I know a great number of these players don’t care about the education (not all but see CJ Strouds answer about test taking) but can you imagine transferring from a top 50 educational institution to transfer to West Virginia or South Carolina? If he doesn’t ever make a dime from the NFL he significantly weakens the trajectory of his professional earning power when he gets his first job. Hope the few hundred thousand to leave was worth it.

Meh..Kind of lame. If they graduate they should be fine. There are a ton of successful people from both Universities. and Syracuse isn't a top 50 school anymore, sorry

Dude I have classmates that were working in ikea or moving furniture. These guys are typically not in Newhouse or Whitman, so their degrees aren’t typically as valuable as you assume.

Syracuse stakeholders - the administration, the fans, the collectives, all of it…. are way too slow figuring this out. We can’t afford to “hit our stride” 5-10 years from now. The oversight, the rules will evolve. We need someone to get in front of this, unify the donors, flush out the whales, harpoon them, sell their blubber on the black market, whatever it takes. Redirect this fundraising and ask to direct it towards NIL. Croots won’t care about the new facilities. They stopped caring once pay for play went crazy.

Kent, the administration, the AD have got this all backwards. Individual seats and Wi-Fi are irrelevant because fans won’t be buying tickets to watch perennial 4-8 teams.

Dude I have classmates that were working in ikea or moving furniture. These guys are typically not in Newhouse or Whitman, so their degrees aren’t typically as valuable as you assume.

And I can almost guarantee any big employers in South Carolina or the surrounding states will look favorably on a South Carolina degree, even over a Syracuse degree, because the folks hiring are either people that have lived in the region for years and/or are South Carolina graduates.

South Carolina is a very competitive school these days.

He'll be fine.

The portal closes again on Sunday, so I think the answer to your question is yes.

Tampering with players from other teams is likely at its peak right now.

What a disaster.

The ACC showcasing all their meaningless spring games right before the end of free agency season may not turn out to be such a great idea.

Meh..Kind of lame. If they graduate they should be fine. There are a ton of successful people from both Universities. and Syracuse isn't a top 50 school anymore, sorry
The last time Syracuse was top 50 we were actually still relevant in football on a regular basis lol.

The ACC showcasing all their meaningless spring games right before the end of free agency season may not turn out to be such a great idea.
Agree. It should be noted that Geer was fully dressed but as far as I could tell, did not play a snap.

I wonder if the staff thought he might be at risk of getting bought and decided not to play him to keep him under wraps from all the predator schools willing to make offers to players to try and get them to leave their schools?

At the least, the NCAA has to pick a couple of cases where outlaw schools tampered with players, made them offers and got them to go to the portal and transfer.

And give those schools a severe penalty. I think a good penalty would be no use of the portal to bring in new players for 12 months.

My biggest concern about this entire situation is the apathy it has created among the die hard SU fans that I know.

Instead of talking about the incoming freshman class, excitement about the upcoming season, etc. all they want to talk about is how disgusted they are about the state of college sports (NIL & portal).

A couple of them have not renewed their season tickets for the upcoming season and it certainly sounds like if the NCAA does not do something soon more people will be pulling the plug.

I have had SU football season tickets for more than 30 years and my interest is at an all-time low. I have purchased four season tickets to bring friends/family to the games but next season I am only buying two season tickets.

Agree. It should be noted that Geer was fully dressed but as far as I could tell, did not play a snap.

I wonder if the staff thought he might be at risk of getting bought and decided not to play him to keep him under wraps from all the predator schools willing to make offers to players to try and get them to leave their schools?

At the least, the NCAA has to pick a couple of cases where outlaw schools tampered with players, made them offers and got them to go to the portal and transfer.

And give those schools a severe penalty. I think a good penalty would be no use of the portal to bring in new players for 12 months.

Didn't realize that he wasn't playing, thanks for posting that.

But yeah, good point that the two hand touch watered down game format could have been as much about protecting players from being bought as it was to protect them from being injured.

Time to end the spring charade. Just have 15 closed practices and be done with it. Everyone go do something else with your time. It will all still be there in the fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom