Class of 2024 - DL Omar White (GA) Visited for Spring Game | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DL Omar White (GA) Visited for Spring Game

He was on Campus this weekend.

Shooting Video Game GIF by A24
Yay?
Are you going to tell him he can't come?

Without making a personal judgement, I would be pretty surprised if our admin would be ok admitting him to the university. I know Nick knows him from Colorado and Fran may be willing to give a kid a second chance, but just don’t see it

Nope. If the staff gives the green light I trust that. But there would be some risks involved.
Absolutely. Personally, I wouldn't take him. I wouldn't risk having parents justifiably question my commitment to their kid's safety. I am all for second chances, but I wouldn't risk it right now.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t be surprised if they are setting us up as a potential landing spot after a year at Juco if he gets his legal issues cleared and keeps clean from any trouble for a year.
I could see that - if he gets his day in court and he's cleared, and he goes Prep or JUCO or whatever he can go to at this time and keeps his nose clean for a year, then maybe at that time it's more palatable. But we have a long way to go to get there.

That being said, I do admire that they aren't giving up on the kid. I just don't see any reasonable path for him being here in the fall.

Did anyone find any update on his arrest from a year ago? Seems strange that with the charges involved he was let out of the state let alone jail until his trial.

The only way I can fathom him even visiting is if we got wind that the charges would be dropped. But even then, he should not be a take and should not be visiting.

Not discounting Jim's take early in this thread, but what if the charges were dropped because he wasn't involved?

Absolutely. Personally, I wouldn't take him. I wouldn't risk having parents justifiably question my commitment to their kid's safety. I am all for second chances, but I wouldn't risk it right now.

No thank you. Even having him on campus is a misstep by our staff in my eyes.

I'm with you on this one. I'm all about a redemption story (Alton Robinson is an example of that) but this is a bit much for me.

The only way I can fathom him even visiting is if we got wind that the charges would be dropped. But even then, he should not be a take and should not be visiting.
So, do you guys want to play with the big boys, or not?

;)

Not discounting Jim's take early in this thread, but what if the charges were dropped because he wasn't involved?
Okay and? Charges get dropped all the time due to tons of extenuating circumstances. If the witnesses don't come forward he could get off. Look at Mason Greenwood of Manchester United.

If he's exonerated, sure. But every article makes it pretty apparent he was involved.

Would leave a very sour taste in my mouth going into the season.

Okay and? Charges get dropped all the time due to tons of extenuating circumstances. If the witnesses don't come forward he could get off. Look at Mason Greenwood of Manchester United.

If he's exonerated, sure. But every article makes it pretty apparent he was involved.

A lot of reporters put out stories before all the facts are known.
It happens all the time.
Until everything is completely resolved
In Georgia, we don't know anything.

Do any of the articles actually say he was a shooter? All I've seen was that he was armed and there...the 20 year old that was also arrested seems like he was the lead. This could easily be a case of the older friend manipulating a younger kid. Still very dumb, but I could see them giving him a second chance if he didn't actually pull the trigger.

Everyone deserves their day in court. Lots of stuff goes on in small towns, especially involving folks of color. If he’s guilty, then I say no way. But I’m also reluctant to judge based on the little facts out there thus far. Lots of unknowns.

Do any of the articles actually say he was a shooter? All I've seen was that he was armed and there...the 20 year old that was also arrested seems like he was the lead. This could easily be a case of the older friend manipulating a younger kid. Still very dumb, but I could see them giving him a second chance if he didn't actually pull the trigger.

It might also be a case of continuing to foster the relationship [Nick Williams / Colorado commit at one point], for a kid who might [emphasis on "might"] eventually be exonerated, but doesn't have any options as things stand today.

If -- and again, this is an "IF" -- he gets cleared, then I'd have to expect that us showing him attention / support will go a long way towards swaying him our direction. And if he doesn't, then we're out nothing beyond some time and the small scale cost of bringing him on a recruiting trip.

If I had to guess, this is a play for a year or two down the road.

Every article told us the Duke lacrosse players raped someone.

It might also be a case of continuing to foster the relationship [Nick Williams / Colorado commit at one point], for a kid who might [emphasis on "might"] eventually be exonerated, but doesn't have any options as things stand today.

If -- and again, this is an "IF" -- he gets cleared, then I'd have to expect that us showing him attention / support will go a long way towards swaying him our direction. And if he doesn't, then we're out nothing beyond some time and the small scale cost of bringing him on a recruiting trip.

If I had to guess, this is a play for a year or two down the road.

I'm surprised that Sevyrud and Wildhack even let him step foot on campus, unless they did their due diligence on the kid and his case beforehand, ultimately deciding it was appropriate to allow him to attend the game.