Do we have 100% confirmation that it's Ash? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Do we have 100% confirmation that it's Ash?

The fact that the university is so unwilling to spend what it takes to be competitive in coaching salaries for football is depressing. It's clear they are satisfied with being a doormat and complete joke as long as they can collect the ACC paycheck.

Gilardino-What are your sources saying? Is this a done deal? Do we still have a shot at Eddie O? Is Luke Ohio State coming with Chris Ohio State and we have co-head coaches? I'll hang up and listen
Not yet. Looks like we will be interviewing this weekend. Ash is ours. He is willing to wait. I think Dino will be in town This weekend. I expect announcement on Monday, 12/7. End of day we will get more experienced coaches in here to interview. Problem is we only offered Frost 1.2 million. My money on Ash because we will not pay what the coaches are worth.

Not yet. Looks like we will be interviewing this weekend. Ash is ours. He is willing to wait. I think Dino will be in town This weekend. I expect announcement on Monday, 12/7. End of day we will get more experienced coaches in here to interview. Problem is we only offered Frost 1.2 million. My money on Ash because we will not pay what the coaches are worth.

I think we will be interviewing Babers, Montgomery and maybe one other person besides Ash in the next couple days and I do agree early next week will be the decision unless one of these guys blow Coyle socks off before Babers interviews.

I feel like we're about to experience those videos of Jets fans booing their first round draft pick.

right before announcement a good chunk of the board will be chanting "We want Frost!, We want Frost"

The fact that the university is so unwilling to spend what it takes to be competitive in coaching salaries for football is depressing. It's clear they are satisfied with being a doormat and complete joke as long as they can collect the ACC paycheck.
upload_2015-12-1_21-19-16.jpeg

I have a question, why would Coyle deliberately leak that our last place candidate (Ash) is a hot option when that wouldn't scare or intimidate anybody that we would be negotiating with?

Makes no sense at all...what was the purpose in a seller's market and there are 14 jobs still open and a guy like Frost could go to any of them for more than likely more money?

Amateur hour. Just like St Patrick's day.

I take it by the handle that your a Macky MacPherson fan. Who do you think put him on the field and helped make him a D-1 center, the tooth fairy?
Its my son's name. Good investigative work though lol. Im not discrediting Marrone's guidance of his players, im just saying he was the 5th choice for a reason.

Macky44 said:
Its my son's name. Good investigative work though lol. Im not discrediting Marrone's guidance of his players, im just saying he was the 5th choice for a reason.

You named your son after an SU player?

they are willing to spend. you are perpetuating an incorrect narrative.

We offered 1.8 million with risers and incentives

they are willing to spend. you are perpetuating an incorrect narrative.

At the time of that post I was under the assumption the offer they made to Frost was $1.2M which frankly didnt give off the impression they were willing to spend what it takes to be competitive. I seriously hope you are right. I badly want this program to be a legitimate Top 25 program again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom