Do we have 100% confirmation that it's Ash? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Do we have 100% confirmation that it's Ash?

Can someone explain to me what Ash does for us that Ed Orgeron wouldn't. I would think both guys are to be had at about the same price range.

It really makes no sense.

Ed Orgeron has never been a DC before.

No. We do not. I am beginning to think the Ash rumors were more conjecture than fact. Several reliable posters said there were indications from media sources that an announcement of some kind was expected from the Syracuse AD either today or tomorrow, but no one could say what the announcement would be about. This seemed to add fuel to a media report that Ash was a serious candidate and suddenly he's being coronated.

I'll go out on a limb and say we have several more days to go before we'll know who our next head coach is announced. This was not how our AD scripted things in his mind, but that doesn't mean things won't work out fine in the long run.

Did anybody pick up on the Greg S. clue?

I did. Dude was the assistant varsity basketball coach at Auburn High when I played JV. When I heard about him getting his job with the SEC I almost fell out of my chair.

It's a small world.

No. We do not. I am beginning to think the Ash rumors were more conjecture than fact. Several reliable posters said there were indications from media sources that an announcement of some kind was expected from the Syracuse AD either today or tomorrow, but no one could say what the announcement would be about. This seemed to add fuel to a media report that Ash was a serious candidate and suddenly he's being coronated.

I'll go out on a limb and say we have several more days to go before we'll know who our next head coach is announced. This was not how our AD scripted things in his mind, but that doesn't mean things won't work out fine in the long run.

Right on! It makes no sense, even if it is eventually Ash, to announce this week. Anyway they still have interviews set up with other candidates!

The longer it goes the better chance it is Babers or Montgomery (I hope).

Right on! It makes no sense, even if it is eventually Ash, to announce this week. Anyway they still have interviews set up with other candidates!

If they really like a guy, they could theoretically hire him before conducting those interviews. I don't know why they would, b/c I doubt Ash is going anywhere, but they could. I wonder what the announcement tomorrow is-I hope it's not him, at least not without interviewing Babers/Montgomery/Rhule/Brohm.

Actually, there is one benefit of announcing as soon as possible: Recruiting. We are in a two-week open period to contact recruits. After that, we're in a long period of silence.

Actually, there is one benefit of announcing as soon as possible: Recruiting. We are in a two-week open period to contact recruits. After that, we're in a long period of silence.
I figure we have until next Tuesday latest.

If they really like a guy, they could theoretically hire him before conducting those interviews. I don't know why they would, b/c I doubt Ash is going anywhere, but they could. I wonder what the announcement tomorrow is-I hope it's not him, at least not without interviewing Babers/Montgomery/Rhule/Brohm.

Where is there a confirmed announcement tomorrow?

I think Rhule turned down Missouri so I'm not sure where we rank on the pecking order.

Dislike button.

I take it by the handle that your a Macky MacPherson fan. Who do you think put him on the field and helped make him a D-1 center, the tooth fairy?

It's definitely a benefit, but getting the best Coach is the most important thing.

I think Rhule turned down Missouri so I'm not sure where we rank on the pecking order.
Not sure who turned down who. Either way, he's gonna be a great get for someone. Apparently, has a great reputation among coaches for teams being prepared and maximizing their talent. Also an excellent NE recruiter.

Last edited:
Gilardino-What are your sources saying? Is this a done deal? Do we still have a shot at Eddie O? Is Luke Ohio State coming with Chris Ohio State and we have co-head coaches? I'll hang up and listen

Well A+ for originality.

The longer it goes the better chance it is Babers or Montgomery (I hope).

I said early today I think at the end Montgomery will be our head coach

Not sure who turned down who. Either way, he's gonna be a great get for someone. Apparently, has a great reputation among coaches for teams being prepared and maximizing their talent. Also an excellent NE recruiter.
Yeah, I don't know. All I know is that it is pretty sad that Temple football is more relevant than Syracuse football right now. Brings back bad memories from 2002 when Colin Barber missed a PAT which would have sent that game into OT. That game was not good. And then to lose again to Temple in 2004 when Walter Washington had a Heisman type day against us. Ohhh, those were two bad games.

So, where are things now with Dino Babers. Well, first he has a football game to coach in 72 hours. Thereafter…well that’s where things become a bit more grey. Sources tell FootballScoop that Babers has spoken with Missouri AD Mack Rhoades. We are also told that Maryland’s interest in Babers is growing. Could Syracuse call on him too? Wouldn’t rule that out just yet.

http://footballscoop.com/news/dino-babers-wont-have-a-dull-weekend/

So, where are things now with Dino Babers. Well, first he has a football game to coach in 72 hours. Thereafter…well that’s where things become a bit more grey. Sources tell FootballScoop that Babers has spoken with Missouri AD Mack Rhoades. We are also told that Maryland’s interest in Babers is growing. Could Syracuse call on him too? Wouldn’t rule that out just yet.

Good have them all going after Babers I want Montgomery.

We won't pay as much as those schools will offer, won't pay, not can't pay just to clarify. We also can't offer or pay what Rhule will be asking for or get.

So scratch these guys off the list, based on what was offered to Frost...move along. We shop off the clearance rack.

We won't pay as much as those schools will offer, won't pay, not can't pay just to clarify. We also can't offer or pay what Rhule will be asking for or get.

So scratch these guys off the list, based on what was offered to Frost...move along. We shop off the clearance rack.
frost was also a first time head coach who was looking for a stepping stone job until nebraska opens, i wouldnt be looking to pay him a ton when he isnt all in on syracuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom