Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

• Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 208 91.2%

• Total voters

Screenshot_20230204_230040_Chrome.jpg

Fun to watch and competing... wow... that's quite a ways from anything about winning or the tourney and sounds like complacency with the NIL stuff as an excuse.

Forbes parsed his words carefully. Not there isn’t NIL at Wake, players “didn’t come for NIL”. Saban said the same thing about Jimbo Fisher.
It’s beyond naive to think players aren’t getting paid, including getting paid to switch schools.
It’s public information that there aren’t a ton of NIL opportunities at Wake, just like how there aren’t a ton of NIL opportunities at Seton Hall.

View attachment 224785

Fun to watch and competing... wow... that's quite a ways from anything about winning or the tourney and sounds like complacency with the NIL stuff as an excuse.
Last years team was not fun to watch. Terrible defense and predictable offense. This years team isn’t much better to watch but at least we have the hope some of the freshmen become big time players for us.

We aren’t even competing for NCAA bids at this point, let alone high seeds and titles.

“We just played three of the top teams in the country to a standstill.”

I simply can’t believe JB said this and actually believes it. Cool, we were close against an unranked UNC and borderline top 20 Miami/Virginia. Real moral victories to hang our hats on. This is embarrassing.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog...m-college-hoops-is-awful-but-hes-not-retiring

You know your expiration date?
Pretty sure at 78 it's under a decade, and probably a lot less of them years being an acceptably functioning human being much less a division 1 basketball coach who needs to recruit 15 to 17 year old kids. Yea give me the pina coladas and Wheel of Fortune thanks.

It’s public information that there aren’t a ton of NIL opportunities at Wake, just like how there aren’t a ton of NIL opportunities at Seton Hall.
Where is it public? The term NIL is also very elastic.
I put a son through Wake and it is by no means a poverty stricken school when it comes to alumni and booster resources.

I'm not one typically to come after JB, the press conferences don't really bother me, I feel like he's coaching okay, etc. but man... how tone deaf was that?! From claiming to hold 3 "top" teams to a standstill, to the claims that none of our guys involved in NIL (Adam Weitsman is literally flying top recruits into games with celebs that has nothing to do with the University officials = NIL. Mintz didn't get ANY NIL money to play at SU?). I mean we JUST got a commitment from Elijah Moore who signed an NIL deal with Weitsman!? It it has the sound & feel of a disconnect from what's really going on in reality. Absolutely brutal "I can do what I want," "who wouldn't want me to coach," "college basketball is terrible," etc. Why would players want to come here if that's how Boeheim feels?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom