Does Duke have a mental edge on Syracuse? ACC lacrosse ... | Syracusefan.com

Does Duke have a mental edge on Syracuse? ACC lacrosse ...

My experience of Lacrosse - playing, coaching and as a fan over the years I have experienced this many times - I dont think Duke have the mental edge, winning earlier in the year breads over confidence where as the other team has something to prove. If we lose everyone may expect this where as the pressure is all on Duke as this game actually means something. I think if we can rattle them and keep it close we have every chance of pulling off the win!

We have been great in past tournaments (granted only two big east titles) but many had also counted us out of winning the BE in 2012 and 2013! Also I dont think Duke are used to being at this level for the majority of the season, their outlook is to play their games up to May and make small steps to improvement, they came from nowhere last year and for some reason I just dont see them making the final 4 weekend this year! I think they may have Cuse Basketball sydrome!

As I keep saying this is a great match up on the field and for the coaches, I still think we have the most experienced Coaching staff in the country (other than Messere at Genny). We have had time to prepare for this, we should have had a full field and it will be a great gage to see where the team is at!

The boys will be hyped for this game and lets hope they can give a great account for themselves!

I Don't care about Friday--- It's the 3rd time this year I care about

Told you so!
Great call!

And as far as "mental edge", Duke played dumb as dirt in the fourth quarter. Up 4, play some stall, Duke wins. Play over-confident, SU has a chance.

SoBristol said:
Great call! And as far as "mental edge", Duke played dumb as dirt in the fourth quarter. Up 4, play some stall, Duke wins. Play over-confident, SU has a chance.

The announcers even mentioned with a couple minutes to play that Duke was still playing fast. Bad time management on their part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom