Dome pre-game start song/tradition | Syracusefan.com

Dome pre-game start song/tradition

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
Had to make a few runs to the flooring store this morning. Its about 30 min from my house so I got tons of radio time. Heard this song 3x...

excuse the cheesy video and the pretty much cheesy words.

But it got me thinking... this song just gets the blood flowing a bit, reminds me of good times. Ultimately reminds me of being in the dome with friends. the 3rd time I heard it this AM - I started thinking - this should be played as the pre game clock for football and basketball winds to zero. make a cool video with a mix of game action, fan reaction, and behind the scenes practice videos and self made go pro-ish video from respective teams. It can get the crowd together as 1, get everyone hyped and everyone singing and dancing to start the game and set the tone for atmosphere.

Doubt it ever gets to Wisconsin "jump around" level - but its at least a cool tradition to start every game the same way. Maybe I'm crazy, but the huge games over the years - the Nova in 2010, the dukes, etc... this just seems to fit right in with that.

I feel like the rebuttal is that it's welcoming the opponent, but my though is that it can just be a song and tradition for the fans and the team making the claim that the dome is "Our house". And I think it would play over well. I can only speak of myself but when I walk into the Dome - I think to myself "I'm home"

Its also cheesy enough, pop enough, Flo Rida enough - that it isn't hardcore rap. An old school white guy can listen to this as easy as anyone.

One thing I became aware of, especially in the 2013 Final Four which I attended, is that other schools have fine singing/cheering/student participation traditions, and we have nothing that I can think of. Unacceptable! But if there is going to be anything developed, I think it will have to come from the students. It is well understood that students rarely, if ever, accept something decreed by any administration anywhere any time. I see that there is another thread here about Otto's Army and I haven't read it, but perhaps they would be open to some collaboration? I will ask my bro how Wisconsin's "jump around" got started.

Anyway, I like your spirit CusefanATL, and every great movement starts with one idea.

Edit: Whoops, it's about Boeheim's Army, not Otto's. :(

Had to make a few runs to the flooring store this morning. Its about 30 min from my house so I got tons of radio time. Heard this song 3x...

But it got me thinking... this song just gets the blood flowing a bit, reminds me of good times. Ultimately reminds me of being in the dome with friends. the 3rd time I heard it this AM - I started thinking - this should be played as the pre game clock for football and basketball winds to zero. make a cool video with a mix of game action, fan reaction, and behind the scenes practice videos and self made go pro-ish video from respective teams. It can get the crowd together as 1, get everyone hyped and everyone singing and dancing to start the game and set the tone for atmosphere.

Doubt it ever gets to Wisconsin "jump around" level - but its at least a cool tradition to start every game the same way. Maybe I'm crazy, but the huge games over the years - the Nova in 2010, the dukes, etc... this just seems to fit right in with that.

I feel like the rebuttal is that it's welcoming the opponent, but my though is that it can just be a song and tradition for the fans and the team making the claim that the dome is "Our house". And I think it would play over well. I can only speak of myself but when I walk into the Dome - I think to myself "I'm home"

Its also cheesy enough, pop enough, Flo Rida enough - that it isn't hardcore rap. An old school white guy can listen to this as easy as anyone.

I love the idea, and agree with you and bballbeadle, they need "something"...some cool, new, fun tradition. Like bballbeadle said it should probably come from the students, but it should also be something that all the 30-40-50, and 60 somethings can at least try to get into and participate.

Maybe one of the students here could try to coordinate something with Otto's Army and they could take it to the DJ that plays during the games?

CusefanATL said:
An old school white guy can listen to this as easy as anyone.

That's racist!!!

A couple thoughts.

I'm an old school metal head that never ever liked GnR, so I'd be thrilled to get rid of 29 year old Welcome To The Jungle.

If you like "Jump Around", you'll get your fix, they play it at every freakin game. Along with that whip crap.

We had a tradition, of doing the chop while the one and only proper thing to do at a college game was happening...

...THE BAND PLAYED.

#LetTheBandPlay

It would fit right in with the entire, corny, sensory overload experience. The game day environment is already awful enough, so I can't say this would really matter either way.

One thing I became aware of, especially in the 2013 Final Four which I attended, is that other schools have fine singing/cheering/student participation traditions, and we have nothing that I can think of. Unacceptable! But if there is going to be anything developed, I think it will have to come from the students. It is well understood that students rarely, if ever, accept something decreed by any administration anywhere any time. I see that there is another thread here about Otto's Army and I haven't read it, but perhaps they would be open to some collaboration? I will ask my bro how Wisconsin's "jump around" got started.

Anyway, I like your spirit CusefanATL, and every great movement starts with one idea.

Edit: Whoops, it's about Boeheim's Army, not Otto's. :(

We used to have the "You Suck" song [which I heard busted out in force in Chicago, BTW], but the administration took it away.

We used to have the "You Suck" song [which I heard busted out in force in Chicago, BTW], but the administration took it away.

The "hey! you suck" song was killed. The "amen" song at the end of wins went away. The tomahawk chop before the kickoffs went away. The "you! you! you!" chant on fouls went away. And the band hardly ever plays.

During SU MBB player introductions, some song is played that repeats the line "this is my house"

I
I wonder if it could come back if they changed the "F'em up, F'em up"part...suck is hardly considered vulgar in 2016 (for that matter f is practically acceptable in public for anyone under 30)

I

I wonder if it could come back if they changed the "F'em up, F'em up"part...suck is hardly considered vulgar in 2016 (for that matter f is practically acceptable in public for anyone under 30)

I'm pretty sure they did bring the hey song back, they just eliminated that interlude part where the students would chant that. All they play is the "hey" part.

shandeezy7 said:
I'm pretty sure they did bring the hey song back, they just eliminated that interlude part where the students would chant that. All they play is the "hey" part.

True. Gary Glitters "Rock and Roll Part II" otherwise know as the "hey song"

The "hey! you suck" song was killed. The "amen" song at the end of wins went away. The tomahawk chop before the kickoffs went away. The "you! you! you!" chant on fouls went away. And the band hardly ever plays.
I would like this 100 times if I could.

I add the "you suck" in at the end and emphasize it.

again, this is the ultimate pump up song. I defy you to listen and not want to go wilding in Thonden Park.

of course the lyrics can be customized and the tune toned down slightly (for old guys like me)

you're welcome

It would fit right in with the entire, corny, sensory overload experience. The game day environment is already awful enough, so I can't say this would really matter either way.

mainly because of the overly commercialized aspect of the cheesyness. this song, imo, we could make our own.

Jump around is the ultimate cheese song at a staidum... until the fans make it their own and it looks like this:

there is NOTHING cheesier than the ultimate cheese chant "i believe that we will win" until the stadium of some half assed basketball team makes it into this:

But ultimately, this is the potential of the Flo Rida song at the beginning of the game:

The Flo-Rida song is corny and sing-songy and lacks energy. So no, I really can't see the Carrier Dome(or anywhere else) ever going wild to it like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom