Dome Renovation | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Renovation

IN OTHER WORDS...A new stadium is in play. Some consultants were whispering in the ears up on the hill that the time schedule could be met,while others belted out loud laughs.
Would love a new stadium or a renovation.

Just wish that they would do something, this has been talked about for a loooooong time. Many years in fact. Do it or don't.

Seems as though the only campus master plan is to waste time talking about it and revise it until everyone currently alive to look at the plans is dead before anything is actually done.

in my opinion the NFL should reimburse the city taxpayers or there should be a buyout of some sort. but I believe in equity which doesn't hold much weight in the business world.
Those kinds of things need to be negotiated in the original contracts.

Would love a new stadium or a renovation.

Just wish that they would do something, this has been talked about for a loooooong time. Many years in fact. Do it or don't.

Seems as though the only campus master plan is to waste time talking about it and revise it until everyone currently alive to look at the plans is dead before anything is actually done.

June 25, 2014, Chancellor Syverud said: "Within the next 24 months we have to decide what we're going to do,"

June 25, 2014, Chancellor Syverud said: "Within the next 24 months we have to decide what we're going to do,"
Great, they decide by June 2016. Decide they want to think about it some more.

It's not like the roof has a useful lifespan that is running out.

It does, however, need to be replaced periodically. And I'm guessing it requires a bit of lead tome. Not like you can go over to Staples and buy one.

It does, however, need to be replaced periodically. And I'm guessing it requires a bit of lead tome.
Not like you can go over to Staples and buy one.

I'm not sure that one would fit anyway.

0518_oag_Staples-Center.jpg

They never have the right size in stock.

Last edited:

The useful lifespan runs out 2019.

CuseOnly said:
Great, they decide by June 2016. Decide they want to think about it some more. It's not like the roof has a useful lifespan that is running out.

The Dome isn't a singular separate decision. It's part of a master plan. Some of that master plan has been approved some hasn't. In time all of it will be decided on.

The Dome isn't a singular separate decision. It's part of a master plan. Some of that master plan has been approved some hasn't. In time all of it will be decided on.
Unfortunately, almost none of it has been decided on. IMHO a Dome renovation is a few years away from realization... Like 3 or 4 at least

NJCuse97 said:
Unfortunately, almost none of it has been decided on. IMHO a Dome renovation is a few years away from realization... Like 3 or 4 at least

A few very significant campus, non Dome, related changes have been approved and announced internally with completion dates.

A few very significant campus, non Dome, related changes have been approved and announced internally with completion dates.
I know of two. Looking forward to more.

Libero2 said:
Any chance they wouldn't approve the renovations?
the money is there they just need to approve what will actually be done. I heard the plans and most of it is thought to be set in stone. Some things them at they want to do could change. For instance they want to bring the basketball seats closer to the court and eliminate the aisle around it. But I was told that could still change. The new attendance is going to be 44k though, I thought that was cool.

The new attendance is going to be 44k though, I thought that was cool.
I don't get the cute fawning over 44k. Y'all sound like a bunch of teenage girls with the hots for Beebs. I understand that it makes business sense, but at the end of the day it's still downsizing. If you're a program trying to go big-time, it's not exactly the kind of thing to be gushing over. Bury the capacity reduction in the footnotes, it's not something to celebrate.

The other renovation stuff all sounds promising, and that should be the focus.

I don't get the cute fawning over 44k. Y'all sound like a bunch of teenage girls with the hots for Beebs. I understand that it makes business sense, but at the end of the day it's still downsizing. If you're a program trying to go big-time, it's not exactly the kind of thing to be gushing over. Bury the capacity reduction in the footnotes, it's not something to celebrate.

The other renovation stuff all sounds promising, and that should be the focus.
They won't reduce unless it is to improve seating. If they do, it's sort of cutesy to have 44K but I could not care less.

I understand that it makes business sense, but at the end of the day it's still downsizing. If you're a program trying to go big-time, it's not exactly the kind of thing to be gushing over.
You mean like when Stanford downsized from 85,000 to 50,000 not too long ago?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom