Dome survey | Syracusefan.com

Dome survey

orangedave

Starter
Anyone else receive this e-mail I just got?

Fast Forward Syracuse - Dome Study: Your input needed by May 22

Monday, May 11, 2015 5:03 PM

Mark as Unread

From: "Fast Forward Syracuse" <noreply@qemailserver.com>To:

Through your generosity and support of Syracuse University, you have been identified as a key member of the University community. As you may know, the University is currently developing a Campus Master Plan, one component of Fast Forward Syracuse. As part of this effort, each University building and facility, including the Carrier Dome, is being assessed.

Based on a report issued last year by the Chancellor's Workgroup on a Carrier Dome Backup Plan and the current life-span of the existing Dome roof, the University has a limited time period to explore future options for the Dome. There are three potential alternatives: 1) continuing the concept of an air-supported roof and replacing the current roof as is; 2) installing a new fixed roof system/structure while simultaneously making other renovations and improvements; or 3) building an off-site stadium with significant external support.

Your input is critical as part of the assessment of the University's options. This 15-minute survey is being done in coordination with the broader Campus Master Plan effort. The survey includes potential concepts, ideas, and options that have been considered and/or implemented at other top NCAA Division I schools. The concepts you will see are being presented simply to gauge the overall interest of SU community members and supporters in potential new amenities and enhancements to the fan experience that are offered at other Division I schools. No decision has been made about any concept or idea included in this survey, or the overall future of the Dome. This survey is simply the next step in accurately gauging and understanding the SU community's interests and it will better inform future decisions.

We ask that you respond to this survey no later than Friday, May 22. The survey is voluntary and confidential and should only take a short time to complete. To ensure capability with a screen reader it is recommended that you use Internet Explorer 11. Thank you for your time.

TAKE THE SURVEY NOW https://www.research.net/s/OrangeClubExecutiveSurvey

I just got one too, filling it out now.

...troughs of course, no other way IMO.

so really this is just about creating more for the 1% who have the money to donate 10K + per year and not about the 99% who fill the dome?
True - however my comment at the end was that I would be interested in some of the options if they were available on a single game basis - possibly on the secondary market. I would finally be able to answer the age old question - what do you want for your birthday / Christmas?

i agree. i have asked several times why the dome has box seating areas that are completely empty for many games. that would seem to be a lost market that people would love to buy on a game by game basis..

I know many pro arenas have an upgrade policy for the luxury boxes as a perk for season ticket holders that can be bought on a single game. i wonder if those empty box seats are actually sold or just unused every game?

I started taking the survey but just didn't feel it was appropriate, or I didn't feel comfortable providing feedback, since I live in Kansas, haven't been in the Dome since the 1980s and will probably only get back to the Dome on very rare occasions. But I think it's great they are soliciting feedback.

they need to design a survey for the townies---one question should be if we have a winning team would you come?

Justin Mattingly‏@jmattingly306 39m39 minutes ago
The survey was sent to about 6,000 students with the majority going to STH

Justin Mattingly‏@jmattingly306 18m18 minutes ago
There will be a survey sent to all non-SU student season ticket holders for which SU has an email address for.

Anyone else receive this e-mail I just got?

Fast Forward Syracuse - Dome Study: Your input needed by May 22

Monday, May 11, 2015 5:03 PM

Mark as Unread

From: "Fast Forward Syracuse" <noreply@qemailserver.com>To:

Through your generosity and support of Syracuse University, you have been identified as a key member of the University community. As you may know, the University is currently developing a Campus Master Plan, one component of Fast Forward Syracuse. As part of this effort, each University building and facility, including the Carrier Dome, is being assessed.

Based on a report issued last year by the Chancellor's Workgroup on a Carrier Dome Backup Plan and the current life-span of the existing Dome roof, the University has a limited time period to explore future options for the Dome. There are three potential alternatives: 1) continuing the concept of an air-supported roof and replacing the current roof as is; 2) installing a new fixed roof system/structure while simultaneously making other renovations and improvements; or 3) building an off-site stadium with significant external support.

Your input is critical as part of the assessment of the University's options. This 15-minute survey is being done in coordination with the broader Campus Master Plan effort. The survey includes potential concepts, ideas, and options that have been considered and/or implemented at other top NCAA Division I schools. The concepts you will see are being presented simply to gauge the overall interest of SU community members and supporters in potential new amenities and enhancements to the fan experience that are offered at other Division I schools. No decision has been made about any concept or idea included in this survey, or the overall future of the Dome. This survey is simply the next step in accurately gauging and understanding the SU community's interests and it will better inform future decisions.

We ask that you respond to this survey no later than Friday, May 22. The survey is voluntary and confidential and should only take a short time to complete. To ensure capability with a screen reader it is recommended that you use Internet Explorer 11. Thank you for your time.

TAKE THE SURVEY NOW https://www.research.net/s/OrangeClubExecutiveSurvey
i did not get it but, i cx my season tickets this year---i did get an inquiry sent to ex-sth some time ago--- i looked at this survey and it is not for the masses, i guess that was by design

Now I know how Louisville's Yum facility raises so much money. Will there any seats for the average fan?

Got it, filled it out. Seemed they were most interested in private box interest. The balance that applied to most of the rest of us, I filled out as honestly as possible. Submitted fairly long comments at the end, putting in my 2 cents on the 81 project and how it may affect fannies in seats if any of the options end up creating a more difficult time for your average central New Yorker getting to and from the Dome. Most people around here have not experienced traffic like you get in other parts of the country, and a longer commute to games is just another excuse for them to stay home and watch on tv.

so really this is just about creating more for the 1% who have the money to donate 10K + per year and not about the 99% who fill the dome?
That was the impression I got. I understand there is going to be a major investment being made and the university needs to find ways to get some of those funds back, but it seemed pretty heavy handed.

How can we get more money out of you?

I hope whatever changes they make don't ruin things for the average joes in the world. I hope they are able to keep ticket prices affordable for the blue collar types that have been so loyal to the football and basketball programs over the years.

That was the impression I got. I understand there is going to be a major investment being made and the university needs to find ways to get some of those funds back, but it seemed pretty heavy handed.

How can we get more money out of you?

I hope whatever changes they make don't ruin things for the average joes in the world. I hope they are able to keep ticket prices affordable for the blue collar types that have been so loyal to the football and basketball programs over the years.
i'm happy they asked. i'd rather have them ask me if i want club seats before they install them. maybe after they get their answer (a resounding no), they can scratch off some pie in the sky palace built on assumptions that people like me would pay for club seats.

i'm not offended that they ask in advance.

club seats in a dome are really dumb. even in buffalo where the weather can be awful, people don't want them. hopefully this helps them be more modest in their aspirations

Gross would've just barreled ahead based on his poll of one (himself)

Last edited:
I filled it out. I said no to all donation levels they suggested for club level seats, but i think it would be cool if they had one anyways. Not as big as they have in buffalo though..thats just a waste of space.

Just filled it out. I agree that the focus was certainly on premium seating options but realistically that is one of the first things that will need to be determined as any project enters its design phase. I noted in final comments that I sincerely hope the same level of due diligence will be forthcoming in addressing opportunities to enhance the overall game day atmosphere. In fairness they have issues such surveys recently. Just haven't seen much come out of it. Would be great to see a "blue ribbon" fan panel involved in discussions. I think we have a number of solid candidates on this board!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom