Dont ever mess with Chewy | Syracusefan.com

Dont ever mess with Chewy

I don't think anyone anticipated Chukwu playing as well as he has to this point, and we have yet to see the finished product. Great job by this kid and the coaching staff.

I don't think anyone anticipated Chukwu playing as well as he has to this point, and we have yet to see the finished product.
True. I guess we shouldn't have really judged him last year. He simply played too few minutes to evaluate him properly.

He has vastly improved from his play from early last season.

even well into this year (even now, tonight, probably) plenty of geniuses saying he's a worthless cat rescuer. they know who they are, too
I. Never said he was worthless actually he is a very very worthy cat rescuer and getting better by the minute as a basketball player

After watching the Orange-White preseason scrimmage I really thought Sidibe was the better option and would be starting or at least playing the majority of minutes at the 5 by the time the conference schedule started. Paschal's improvement has been impressive

basically, within the first 5 minutes, PC told Popovic "you're getting nothing in here". I've watched BC a few times this year and Popovic has been an effective inside presence for them - actually opening things up that much more for their 3 snipers... tonight they got absolutely nothing in there until late in the game when Robinson was going Kobe on us

That dunk brought down da house! I don’t know what it looked like on tv, but from my seat it was thunderous and the Dome exploded! I flashed back to Hakim Warrick for a sweet second. I swear that kid could cause more noise with his jams than any SU player I have ever seen.

A lot of fun! Whew!

True. I guess we shouldn't have really judged him last year. He simply played too few minutes to evaluate him properly.

He has vastly improved from his play from early last season.
Definitely a diamond in the rough. Now we have to get him that extra year he deserves after losing out last year to eye injury. Some folks on here said he may not want more than one more year. Would be good to know if that is the case.

That dunk brought down da house! I don’t know what it looked like on tv, but from my seat it was thunderous and the Dome exploded! I flashed back to Hakim Warrick for a sweet second. I swear that kid could cause more noise with his jams than any SU player I have ever seen.

A lot of fun! Whew!
Dunk really looked sweet, have to see it again.

Hats off to the coaching staff.
they had them ready

After watching the Orange-White preseason scrimmage I really thought Sidibe was the better option and would be starting or at least playing the majority of minutes at the 5 by the time the conference schedule started. Paschal's improvement has been impressive
No doubting Sidibe can be good but we need him healthy. Possibly not playing tonight gives him a few more days rest. Definitely going to need him as we approach the big boy part of our schedule. Sidibe getting hurt may have benefited us a bit by forcing Chukwu to play without fouling and to stay on the floor for 30+ minutes. Then as you say, Paschal has really improved from where he was at the start of the year.

Chew couldn't see last year. A detached retina is blindness in that eye. He has had to learn to play with protective glasses. He has improved significantly since game one. His upside is significant.

As to Sid not to be a wet blanket but the staff should have shut him down before losing his RS. I dont think that he will get better without a long term rehabilitation protocol and yes im still extremely skeptical of our medical team.

Have at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom