Class of 2022 - DT Isaiah Hastings (Canada / FL) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/15/24) | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DT Isaiah Hastings (Canada / FL) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/15/24)

Defensive line looking really good, athletic and big now. I legitimately think all we are missing from being an ELITE defense is another corner that can play right away. Deuce, Bellamy and Barnes will likely be a good trio but we need one more guy for me to feel comfortable. Nwokocha, Dion Wilson, Hastings, Ingraham, Fuentes and Perry is a strong rotation on the inside of the D-line. Diggs, Jaquez, Jobity, Kingjoseph are a strong rotation on the outside. Linebackers and safeties we know what we are getting and they are strong. Just a little worried about corner because of the experience. That’s it

I think Diggs will mostly be playing the small jack DE roll just as he did at A&M. The other bigs you mention will be NT, DT and likely also play the large DE. That DE should optimally be about 290 lbs but fast.

I just want to start getting DL to the NFL on a consistent basis

We have put in Arthur and Chandler Jones, Kingsley Jonathan, Alton Robinson, Chris Slayton, Jay Bromley, James Wyche, Christian Ferrara since Dwight Freeney 22 years ago.

That's not going to cut it. 9 guys in 22 years.

I hope Fran, Elijah, and Nick put 9 in, in the next four years
Josh Thomas

My wife & I watch a few episodes to finish out season 4 of Suits & all this happens in the meantime! Love it.

Let’s make it official
;)

boom smile GIF

Looks like they dropped him to a 3.
He was given a transfer rating of 89 which ends up being a high 3 star transfer. I think that’s pretty generous considering he has played in 1 game in 2 years for Alabama. Yes he appears to have a ton of potential and hopefully will do big things for us but can’t imagine them giving him a 4 star rating as a transfer without proving anything yet.

He was given a transfer rating of 89 which ends up being a high 3 star transfer. I think that’s pretty generous considering he has played in 1 game in 2 years for Alabama. Yes he appears to have a ton of potential and hopefully will do big things for us but can’t imagine them giving him a 4 star rating as a transfer without proving anything yet.
On3 shows him as an 87 for Syracuse.

Dohn gave a receiver who was an all American at Monmouth a 90 who is 6-0-190lbs who is transferring to Rutgers.
Sorry but playing at the level doesn't rate you a 4 star.

Dohn gave a receiver who was an all American at Monmouth a 90 who is 6-0-190lbs who is transferring to Rutgers.
Sorry but playing at the level doesn't rate you a 4 star.
Don’t disagree with you on that! Our Buffalo safety transfer should have been 4star as well based on his production and size at an even higher level than Monmouth if putting such an emphasis on production.