Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

That's why Oregon, Ohio State, Alabama, and Florida State made the NCAA final four. They are filled with 2 star recruits.
Well, Marcus Mariota and Cardale Jones were both rated as 3 star recruits.

Guys, I've been avoiding the board simply because I don't want to say something without knowing for sure.
No worries. Ive been a fan of you and your son. I admire that you share with us the ups and downs of college football recruiting. I know its a hard decision for him. Dont want to sound like a broken record but do what best for your son and family. Wish you much luck

That's why Oregon, Ohio State, Alabama, and Florida State made the NCAA final four. They are filled with 2 star recruits.
upload_2015-1-27_17-41-2.jpeg

Sadly, it will always be our lot in life.

It is what it is.
Sorry but you are mistaken respectfully. Keep Shafer and hopefully staff. Sig problem being these fairweather fans, a plague. I am not speaking directly to you, only you can answer that question.

No worries. Ive been a fan of you and your son. I admire that you share with us the ups and downs of college football recruiting. I know its a hard decision for him. Dont want to sound like a broken record but do what best for your son and family. Wish you much luck

You are so money You don't even know! Seriously this covers how I feel. Thanks for your contribution to our board

I'm fairly new to forum have a few posts but anyway bcubs I hope ur son does choose us as I have come to practice multiple times to watch d line drills as I coach in hs varsity and Tim is extremely good at what he does. His kids seem to play way over their heads athletically and he accepts nothing but the best. He is a guy I could leave my kid. Hard time I am having is my son having different feelings about his choices too. He is a d3 kid and it's hard as a dad. I have always helped him or made his choices but I want him to choose cause he has to be there for next 4 years or 5. I just want my kid happy and I am sure u feel the same. It will all workout in the end. P.s. We really need him. Lol

I'm fairly new to forum have a few posts but anyway bcubs I hope ur son does choose us as I have come to practice multiple times to watch d line drills as I coach in hs varsity and Tim is extremely good at what he does. His kids seem to play way over their heads athletically and he accepts nothing but the best. He is a guy I could leave my kid. Hard time I am having is my son having different feelings about his choices too. He is a d3 kid and it's hard as a dad. I have always helped him or made his choices but I want him to choose cause he has to be there for next 4 years or 5. I just want my kid happy and I am sure u feel the same. It will all workout in the end. P.s. We really need him. Lol
Glad you came out and posted!! Welcome to the fam! And yeah, Daoust - well enough said there :)

I read constantly but don't post often and that's gonna change. U guys are pretty funny and my fiancé hates football and i am done coaching so I need my fix. This fills that need. Great to meet u guys and gals. Go su. I am a diehard su guy and we need to get back to where we belong. It's our right to be good and we will get back there soon. Sooner than most people think but that's my thoughts.

I read constantly but don't post often and that's gonna change. U guys are pretty funny and my fiancé hates football and i am done coaching so I need my fix. This fills that need. Great to meet u guys and gals. Go su. I am a diehard su guy and we need to get back to where we belong. It's our right to be good and we will get back there soon. Sooner than most people think but that's my thoughts.

You will need to check that optimistic crap at the door mister.

I totally agree that it's gonna start looking up!!

It's hard not to be. Negative thinking breeds negative actions. I'm a happy sob and we need more of it around here. I have met all the coaches except acosta and moreland. We will be good. If we can get Steve here and maybe Pickard, we will be on our way back. Maybe Washington next with Strickland in backfield and our next 1000 yd te and we could give our d a break with bam and the other 5 backers coming back I'm in a good place with my thinking on d. Steve we need ya more than anyone else but only if u truly wanna be here in your heart you will know, good luck.

I never said I would hold it against him. I think steven is a great kid and his family seems very nice. I said for shy coach told him those things about guaranteeing a scholarship... No nothing is in writing but I take him at his word. Spence isn't able to sign on signing day... Who said they wouldn't take him when he qualifies? I think every kd should keep his options open also. All I was saying was shy and I agreed you give some one a commitment that's your word you want to keep shopping tell the coaches that and let them build. I have always said take your officals so you have a plan b if one of those big changes come along but if everything stays the same you go home with who brought you to the dance

Apologies for the post reading like you would hold it against them. Didn't mean that to come across in that matter and was more speaking personally about myself not holding it against them. Never meant to imply that and no excuse for that implication being there in my post.

We are excited about and want Steven here. We know he can do great things. Florida fans are waiting for some 5 star kid to walk through the door and don't recognize a great prospect because they only care about star rankings.

Frankly it's pretty clear to me which fan base would appreciate Steven more.

And again, that said, I know he's not making this choice for their fans, or for us, and he shouldn't. It's all about making the best choice for him. I just hope he understands how much SU fans appreciate his talent.

Yeah that's what the gators site said. Seems like they know more then us on him. Doesn't seem like a good sign. Their forum says he is a backup plan. Can't believe players pick a place where they are after thoughts when they could come here and be the man. Fingers crossed.

Their site is pretty informative. Some of the posters are saying what makes these schools so appealing is that they can recruit anyone and back it up. One guy talks about how urban did it with the added benefit that he can coach also which is what seperates what ole miss does. They can recruit but don't have the coaching power to back it up.
I never really understood what makes the sec programs so much more appealing until I was at auburn and saw what they can offer. our coaches need to tell these kids that the sparkle of their facilities will wear off and they will only be a number there. Here they will be kings and will always be in the Syracuse family.

Last edited:
Respectfully disagree with the way the rules are now. Scholarships are no guarantee in the event of an injury (yet, though that change is likely coming soon thankfully), so you are committing to the coaching staff and trusting them.

I think a kid owes it to themselves to evaluate all options as they come and decide what is best for them. There are obviously good and bad ways to go about this (especially in the age of social media), but I don't know that a kid should get penalized for committing before signing day if he gets some new options that didn't exist before he made his previous commitment.

Spence to me is an example of the offers not always being there if you miss the grades. Lindor/Robinson are examples that an accepted offer doesn't mean much. Not saying a school can wait on kids either, but I won't think any less of Steven if he moves elsewhere (since he was originally a South Alabama commit and we were a stronger option for him, as evidenced by the flip) just like I wouldn't think less of Howard/Pickard flipping to Syracuse.

IMO, as long as coaches have the right to rescind offers, kids have the right to flip.

For me coaches can recind up until a kid gives a verbal, after that they need to keep their word too. It is not a one way street.