Duce Chestnut transferring back to the 'Cuse | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Duce Chestnut transferring back to the 'Cuse

Bingo, this is like when George dates the girl with the huge nose and then he wants back with her after the nose job. Nah. He took his chance and got his “break”. There also has to be a line drawn with what’s gonna happen and not happen when it comes to leaving for money and being let back in
Bet the Cleveland Cavaliers are glad they didn’t take that position.

Just from a performance stand point was Isaiah Johnson's senior year better than Duce's soph year? I know its easy to just remember the plays CB's give up but do we see all the other things DB's do to prevent big plays?

The secondary went from being ranked 23rd in pass yards allowed to 97th this year. SU's best secondary years has been with Duce. The units have ranked bottom tier all the other years under Dino. As of right now we have no other experienced transfer CB committed. So we can't be too picky.

Locker room chemistry does matter if you care about wins and losses. If Fran wants him here and the players affected by his behavior want him back, then fine, but the team should have a say in it as well considering they are still here and he isn’t as his behavior prior to leaving almost caused a team star to miss the season.
LQAs behavior almost cost him the season. He doesn’t get a free pass.

Bet the Cleveland Cavaliers are glad they didn’t take that position.
Lebron or duce ? Cmon I was talking about Costanza lol and I get what you’re saying but there’s a lot of really good players in the fold now. That’s all I mean mainly is that the grass isn’t always greener. The money might have been but that’s tough to come back

Our secondary was crap this year. I think we need him on the field as long as he’s not a problem off the field. I agree he’d make a good nickel back. He could probably be a good 2nd CB like he was when Carter wasn’t injured but he can’t be the man on the #1 WR. He got torched in that role.

I don't think he's going to be good enough to start under Fran.

Not sure that's really an apples to apples comparison.

Ha, not sure? It's a night and day, sun and moon, etc., etc. difference.

Lebron, arguably, is the greatest basketball player to ever play the game...and still going strong at age 39. Not to mention, being from Akron, 30 miles south of Cleveland, well, enough said.

Personally, being a lifelong Cleveland pro sports fan, I have mixed feelings about Lebron and his "runaround Sue" DNA. But, I digress... :):(

Talent, no one said “god status” whatever that is.

If you want to be real about LQA, he had no business being at that party, let alone assaulting the guy. End of the day, it was a fight between immature college students, you can justify it by saying he was “standing up for his teammate” or whatever but a mature adult doesn’t go into a situation like that knowing what the likely result is. This is another convenient scenario where one person is considered a victim while the other is labeled as the problem simply because one went to another school.
1. LQA was not at the party, he only went there after DC said there was a problem and he was going back to the party.
2. LQA was defending himself after being hit twice in the face, to say he assaulted someone is a fabrication of the facts.
3. IMO, DC's talent is average at best. Any player can look good on a bad team.
4. If HCFB thinks he can help the team then I am all for him coming back as I know he will have to be above average team mate to stay.
5. I am all for second chances so I hope that DC lands with some other team if he is not a fit for HCFB.

3. IMO, DC's talent is average at best. Any player can look good on a bad team.

I disagree with this. He has a great nose for the football. He's not a lock down one-on-one defender, and certainly not an elite corner at only 5-11. But I think he would be a hell of a nickel back. Give him a bit of freedom to read the play and be the "centerfielder" of the secondary, and I think he would excel in that role.

Locker room chemistry does matter if you care about wins and losses. If Fran wants him here and the players affected by his behavior want him back, then fine, but the team should have a say in it as well considering they are still here and he isn’t as his behavior prior to leaving almost caused a team star to miss the season.

Yeah, I don’t care to take him back but who’s left on the team in the locker room that would even care? Wax and Barron? Cause everyone else is gone.

Yeah, I don’t care to take him back but who’s left on the team in the locker room that would even care? Wax and Barron? Cause everyone else is gone.
LeQuint - but maybe he's made peace with it.

There are 19 Srs and 27 Jrs on the roster as of today. I get some in that number have transferred in the last two years, but there are a lot of guys beyond those two.

I disagree with this. He has a great nose for the football. He's not a lock down one-on-one defender, and certainly not an elite corner at only 5-11. But I think he would be a hell of a nickel back. Give him a bit of freedom to read the play and be the "centerfielder" of the secondary, and I think he would excel in that role.
I can agree with this statement

Also, he left us for a "better opportunity".

Now he wants back? Doesn't rub me the right way.
In all fairness, with the lack of fire Dino brought to the table, I don't blame anyone who left us for "a better opportunity" the last couple years. We're a completely different program now, and there's plenty of kids who are or will be coming that would NOT have come two years ago, and I'm fine with them wanting to come now, just like I'm fine with Duce coming back if he and the staff want it.

There are 19 Srs and 27 Jrs on the roster as of today. I get some in that number have transferred in the last two years, but there are a lot of guys beyond those two.

I guess I meant ‘leaders in the clubhouse’ which is why I said Wax and Barron. kids who were starters when Duce was starting are few and far between, I can only think of a couple.

I wouldn’t care much what a kid who was a freshman at the time thinks or someone who doesn’t the field.

I never said anything like this at all. I don't even know who this player is...
Something like it, but seems like you meant Fran Brown and maybe Gill.

One of our WRs may be switching to another position. Or he might transfer. Been going on for a couple of weeks. Brown has another position for him that he feels he will excel at. So we shall see.

I never said anything like this at all. I don't even know who this player is...
Post in thread 'Oronde Gadsden retuning'
Oronde Gadsden retuning

Sorry I read that as the WR Brown not Fran Brown. But you definitely said a WR was contemplating a position change and/or leaving.

Reactions: B
One of about 15 WRS we have. I made no mention of who it might be at all...
I know. You said Brown in the post meaning Fran Brown and I read it as Donovan Brown. But you certainly didn’t say anything like it at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom