Duce Chestnut transferring back to the 'Cuse | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Duce Chestnut transferring back to the 'Cuse

Duce was third team All ACC as a true frosh. The kid can play.
Yep, I don’t understand why some have tried to act like he’s not a good football player. A lot of people were acting like he regressed to a non playable level his Sophomore year and while I agree he wasn’t as good as his Frosh year he was still good enough to transfer to LSU, it’s not as if he was awful like some are making it out to be. And obviously it just didn’t work out there, but because you didn’t play great at LSU doesn’t mean you can’t be good at Syracuse especially when you’ve done it before. The G5 takes are silly imo.

I am neutral on this move it has me wondering if ( Barnes ) and ( Chappell ) are still on the table or maybe there will be a nice flush out of another 5 or so current players we really need OL/DL help to fill out a solid roster.
I think a lot of you are forgetting that Duce played here as a Freshman.. He probably was better than most Freshman that were starters. Give him a break..

Yep, I don’t understand why some have tried to act like he’s not a good football player. A lot of people were acting like he regressed to a non playable level his Sophomore year and while I agree he wasn’t as good as his Frosh year he was still good enough to transfer to LSU, it’s not as if he was awful like some are making it out to be. And obviously it just didn’t work out there, but because you didn’t play great at LSU doesn’t mean you can’t be good at Syracuse especially when you’ve done it before. The G5 takes are silly imo.
Well that and we should be only focused on the lines right now - imagine the comments if we’re getting burned over and over next year due to inadequate DB depth lol.

I think a lot of you are forgetting that Duce played here as a Freshman.. He probably was better than most Freshman that were starters. Give him a break..
Well the other thing is that the college football DB coach of the year is our head coach. If him wanting Duce on the roster isn’t good enough for people, then it says more about the person lol.

He did regress his sophomore year, that’s not debateable. But if he wasn’t going to be a contributor here, Fran wouldn’t want him.

This is why I’m good w it.
I believe that I read somewhere that they only played him in 2 games last year.. I can imagine after being a starter at Syracuse he got a Negative attitude at LSU.. Who knows.. Lets see how he does under Fran.

I am neutral on this move it has me wondering if ( Barnes ) and ( Chappell ) are still on the table or maybe there will be a nice flush out of another 5 or so current players we really need OL/DL help to fill out a solid roster.

I don't think that Duce can help us there. He's a bit small.

Last edited:
I believe that I read somewhere that they only played him in 2 games last year.. I can imagine after being a starter at Syracuse he got a Negative attitude at LSU.. Who knows.. Lets see how he does under Fran.
He played in two games and some are freaking out because he gave up a TD to Keon Coleman. Who might be a 1st rd pick.

I was going to ask the same question.
happens in basketball all the time, I can think of a Utah player off the top of my head who did it

I think it sends a good message. Was at Cuse, left for “greener” pastures at a big time football factory. Wasn’t so hot so I returned to a place I love.

I guess he'll have two more years here. If someone is thinking of hitting the portal, have Duce talk to him.

Is deuce the first player in the portal era to transfer back to the school he started at?

Harry Chiti says "High!"

1704127184168.png

On April 25, 1962—before he played a game for the Indians—Chiti was acquired by the expansion New York Mets for a player to be named later. However, he was sent back to the Indians on June 15, 1962, after 15 games and a .195 batting average. Chiti was the "player to be named later"; he became the first MLB player to be traded for himself. (Wikipedia)

Btw, I know there was some court ruling recently, but is Dude for sure immediately eligible?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom