Duce Chestnut transferring back to the 'Cuse | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Duce Chestnut transferring back to the 'Cuse

Why do people keep saying it's cool but they think there's better options out there? Are we not still trying to get chappell/barnes/harris/humes and whoever else is out there we might not know about yet? Fran telling Duce yes was the easiest transfer recruitment ever and helps bring depth...it doesn't scare off any of the guys we are still pursuing and it wasn't a him or them type situation. Bring them all in.

Why do people keep saying it's cool but they think there's better options out there? Are we not still trying to get chappell/barnes/harris/humes and whoever else is out there we might not know about yet? Fran telling Duce yes was the easiest transfer recruitment ever and helps bring depth...it doesn't scare off any of the guys we are still pursuing and it wasn't a him or them type situation. Bring them all in.
Bingo

I think people just have different views. Some people think he is a guaranteed starter. Some think maybe more of a nickel back. Some just general depth. Some said maybe a safety. Some think we are recruiting better options. Some think it's a message Fran is looking to send. Some people think he had a great freshman year and then regressed some. Some think it's multiple. I guess my point being we all don't have to have completely the same view. All of the above fall within reasonable perspectives. For those who don't personally like Duce because he left, that's a bit over the top but otherwise I don't think anyone is completely off base with their perspective here. There are degrees of reasonableness with each take.

We’ll be playing a different defense too. Our CB’s might not be on an island as much. He’s a playmaker and you can never have too many of them. It also sends a clear message that the grass is not always greener somewhere else. Duce learned the hard way.
Lots of up in your face man is what they wanna do once they get the guys that can do it. Need2 Garretts in them spots.

I’m fine with bringing them all in, but at the moment, we don’t have the spots available to do so. Yes, these things tend to work themselves out, but currently we’re at our limit.

This is great hurt the locker room when he left and Fran knows his DBs wouldn’t bring him back if he didn’t want him.

I’m fine with bringing them all in, but at the moment, we don’t have the spots available to do so. Yes, these things tend to work themselves out, but currently we’re at our limit.
Spots will open up. Some havent announced their departure yet. Staff is aware of their needs. CB is one of them.

Im happy for Duce and Glad that Fran allowed him back. Kid made a mistake like we all have and he is getting a second chance. My two cents is that he works harder than he ever has in his life and balls out next year.
If Fran didn't think he can help us win he wouldn't have taken him back.
It's all about getting the most talent and coaching them up.

One thing to note is that Wildhack did not put the kibosh on this, so whatever happened to hasten his departure was not a factor here.
Don’t think Wildhack was involved when it happened either, it was outside of the athletic department.

I know it’s a huge unknown how well our coaches do X’s and O’s wise. And Fran is a big wildcard in terms of how aggressive his style is, game management, scheme, etc…

But can’t believe I’m saying this but with how the roster currently is. I think we are 1 CB, 1 LB, 2 OL and 2 DL away from being legit conference contenders in terms of talent on the roster.

We already know Humes, Barnes, Chappell are going to visit.
We know the staff is actively recruiting OL and DL in the portal so they are obviously aware and want to upgrade the trenches.

Another telling thing to me is almost all of our studs are coming back next season. OG, Wax, Barron…on top of that, a lot of our depth guys decided not to transfer. I definitely thought a few more guys would transfer if I’m being honest. Obviously losing guys like Thompson, Caleb, etc…hurt. But it’s very telling that we are not only getting stud high school recruits, stud transfers, our own studs to come back next year but our depth guys to come back next year too. It tells me the team is FULLY buying into what Fran and staff is telling them. This is really exciting and I think we have some very bright days ahead of us

Wasn't a court ruling, it was the NCAA saying that they would not contest immediate eligibility for any player transferring a second time.
This is Duce's third year in school. I'll bet he'll have his degree by the end of this academic year or through summer sessions 2024, so he'll be a grad transfer immediately eligible. That would bode well for Duce, meaning he has done the job in the classroom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom