Duke/UVA | Syracusefan.com

Duke/UVA

nyucuse

2nd String
Who do we want tonight... Gut reaction is of course UVA but looking at their schedules, if UVA takes this one at Cameron, they are looking to be in excellent position the rest of the way, very few challenges left. A third loss would of curse put Duke in a bind and give us quite a bit of separation, but the Cavs remaining schedule is exceedingly favorable. Think a Duke W here actually works in our favor.

Duke, no question. A strong Duke is good for the ACC. Any further sliding Effs the conference and effs us as we play them twice. Not to mention feeds their hunger for big wins...

Am I in the twilight zone? We control everything ourselves this year. The whole "we want xyz team to be good when we play them" means nothing. duke. Every.single.time.

Agree with ^^^. Duke. We need a strong Duke. Do you really want to beat a very weak Duke team your first ACC game with them?

Don't really care if Duke is strong, but would at least like them to be top 25 for our game.

a duke win would probably be better for us, but i cant root for them. f duke!

If we want a win over Duke to be worth something, it's better if they win some games and come in with a decent ranking. Besides UVA is 3-0 and we only play them at their place so let's hope they take some loses.

If we want a win over Duke to be worth something, it's better if they win some games and come in with a decent ranking. Besides UVA is 3-0 and we only play them at their place so let's hope they take some loses.

thats the main reason a duke win is better for us. i could honestly care less where theyre ranked when we play them, who cares? virginia winning at cameron will probably get them ranked next week.

Trying to be objective, the ACC needs another marquis team this year. And it ain't gonna be UVa. Or UNC for that matter.

Go Duke. I feel dirty

690West said:
Am I in the twilight zone? We control everything ourselves this year. The whole "we want xyz team to be good when we play them" means nothing. duke. Every.single.time.

Amen. When did we get on the bubble? Who cares what other teams do? I mean this would give duke 3 losses in conference and if we beat them in 3 weeks game over for them.

We are the best team in the country. What other teams do mean nothing

I want everyone to lose every single game except Syracuse. We are the best team in this conference by far. We take care of what we're suppose to who cares how everything else turns out.

We all want to win the league. A UVA loss at this point would position us better for that, given the schedules. That said, just can't see myself pulling for Duke here.

TerryM said:
Duke, no question. A strong Duke is good for the ACC. Any further sliding Effs the conference and effs us as we play them twice. Not to mention feeds their hunger for big wins...

Like it fed carolinas?

I'd like to see SU be the regular season champion in their first year in the conference, that would be quite an accomplishment. There's a better chance of that happening if Virginia loses this game.

I'm not an RPI or SOS guru, but since we play Virginia and Duke does it really matter who wins tonight since one of them gets a win which boosts their numbers which in turn boosts ours? I know there's a ton of moving parts for those numbers but is there any significant difference to our numbers in either scenario? We play Duke twice so that might be the difference-maker.

Is playing Duke with one more win over Virginia and playing Virginia with a loss from Duke better than playing the two teams where they're closer together? Playing and beating two teams that are say a 7/10 may be better than playing an 8 and a 6/10.

Trying to be objective, the ACC needs another marquis team this year. And it ain't gonna be UVa. Or UNC for that matter.

Go Duke. I feel dirty
You should feel bad

orange79 said:
Trying to be objective, the ACC needs another marquis team this year. And it ain't gonna be UVa. Or UNC for that matter. Go Duke. I feel dirty

Nah. No it doesnt. Noone helped unlv in 1991. Noone helped memphis with pay pal cal.

We keep winning and these problems take care of themselves.

I think people just want that duke game to be so epic in 3 weeks and it will be even if duke loses tonight.

If Duke were to lose tonight and Pitt were to lose tomorrow night, we might be the only ACC ranked team next Monday.

Nah. No it doesnt. Noone helped unlv in 1991. Noone helped memphis with pay pal cal.

We keep winning and these problems take care of themselves.

I think people just want that duke game to be so epic in 3 weeks and it will be even if duke loses tonight.
I guess, but I don't want Tobacco Road saying we swept through the conference in a down year. I want at least one other good team to beat.

orange79 said:
I guess, but I don't want Tobacco Road saying we swept through the conference in a down year. I want at least one other good team to beat.

Those chumpstains would piss and moan even if they were on top.

On the flip side if we dont sweep them on a "down year" they will say if we dont do it now we will never do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom