Dungey has a head injury. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey has a head injury.

Jake said:
that's my concern.

This is really going to help us recruit QBs going forward.

... at Syracuse.
Anywhere! Syracuse trainers and Drs are pretty smart. If this kid wants a meaningful life and the Drs say to shut it down he should. Just like Aj. If that kids suits up anywhere he's a fool.

Jake said:
that's my concern.

It will be even more inexcusable if they knew he was one hit away.

a head injury doesnt always mean a concussion .. he has had neck problems .. been seen moving his head around like a hurt neck at times

I really hope the dome is empty for BC. I'd feel bad for the players but it would be yet another obvious sign to Coyle that the fan base is done with this staff. There will be less than 20k there and it wouldn't shock me if there is less than 15k.

Watching the hit I thought it was his ribs. He was never unconscious as he was moving his hips and holding his side when on the ground. If a concussion then you have to shut him down for the season and let Mahoney play. No sense letting Dungey sustain any further injury.

I really hope the dome is empty for BC. I'd feel bad for the players but it would be yet another obvious sign to Coyle that the fan base is done with this staff. There will be less than 20k there and it wouldn't shock me if there is less than 15k.
I don't think it needs to come to that for Coyle.

a head injury doesnt always mean a concussion .. he has had neck problems .. been seen moving his head around like a hurt neck at times

Yeah but I said right away in the game thread I thought it was a concussion. ED looked out of it, dizzy and light-headed. If he were a boxer, they'd have given him a standing 8 count.

iommi said:

I don't think Coyle needs any more signs.

He's seen enough empty seats already.

Louisville was 4-4 and nearly filled the place today.

I don't think Coyle needs any more signs.

He's seen enough empty seats already.

Louisville was 4-4 and nearly filled the place today.

Nearly filled the place? Didn't appear so on tv.

CUSU said:
Nearly filled the place? Didn't appear so on tv.

That was a pretty decent crowd for a 4-4 team.

Playing a 3-5 team.

Anywhere! Syracuse trainers and Drs are pretty smart. If this kid wants a meaningful life and the Drs say to shut it down he should. Just like Aj. If that kids suits up anywhere he's a fool.

Syracuse apparently has a policy in its athletics department of disqualifying a player with three concussions. I dont have a problem with that policy, seems smart to me.

Football is a violent game. Concussions are an ordinary thing. If a player says, "f-it, i love this sport and could care less if i have issues down the road," that's the player's prerogative, fool hearted as it may be.

I am not disagreeing with your overall premise. I'm just saying if a player really wants to keep playing, he'll find somewhere to do so.

Sadly, he was never going to last long the way he runs.

And seems to me that teams are purposely going after him up high.

You know I also thought I was noting that over the season. I certainly hope it is not something opposing D's are being coached but you never know. Seems our QB's have been getting pounded since last year. (? Bad O-line play?) Watching today I couldn't help but remember GROB's QB Robinson and the pounding he took his first season. He initially looked to have talent at the position but after that beating he was never the same. Finished career with a position change as a backup TE.

djorange1989 said:
I can only imagine how Dungey's parents feel right now. They know their son is playing a violent game but they entrusted him to Shafer. Shafer failed them miserably today

Let's be honest, with the way Dungey runs, it was only a matter of time.

The Clemson game.

Later this year.

Next year.

I'm no excusing Shafer for playing him in garbage time, but Dungey is a fearless runner who is going to take shots.

He took one earlier in the game.

Some players are prone to knee or ankle injuries.

Dungey is prone to head injuries.

Thanksgiving Weekend.

No students.

Attendance was going to suck anyways.

OrangeXtreme said:
Thanksgiving Weekend. No students. Attendance was going to suck anyways.

I'm so glad the ACC decided to make it our rivalry game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom