East Coast Jobs | Syracusefan.com

East Coast Jobs

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
Due to some family issues, I need to get my butt back to the east coast. My plan was to spend another year or so here at the University, getting more experience to toss on a resume, but it's looking like I should head back sooner. Anywhere north of NC I would say. Anyone know of anything?

Here's what you would be getting:
28 years old

6 years Army

1.5 years as the lead financial supervisor at an Army Finance office (left because the contracted ended)

7 months as a Grant Coordinator for the Institute of Arctic Biology at the University of Alaska.

I used to give daily briefs to 200 soldiers every day, so I'm not afraid of public speaking.

I love my current job, and would love to do it at an east coast university, but even with amazing references I feel like 7 months experience is going to be hard for someone to take seriously.
I can learn anything. I'm a talker, I get along with everyone I meet. People say I'm fun to be around, and make the office a fun place to be.
Anyone out there doing a little hiring? Willing to take a chance on a guy? UAF took a chance on me, and have been nothing but thrilled with my performance. (other departments started trying to poach me after my third month, but I stayed with IAB out of loyalty. I'd stay here forever if I could.

ESF had a grant job open a few months ago, but I wasent planning on moving at the time. Should have scooped it up!

Just throwing this out there. I'm going to start applying for jobs at east coast schools, but just in case someone here knew of anything, figured it would be worth a shot.

Plus- Cusetroop on the east coast = I'll be at every game!

Last edited:
Do you have a formal resume that encompasses what you wrote in that post? That would be a good first step. All kinds of non-profits, not just universities, hire people to apply for grants. If you have a good track record of success in obtaining grants,, it would be a real plus. Some organizations (especially universities) have a hang-up about academic backgrounds (i.e., saying they require a bachelor's, but "preferably an advanced degree." I think it is BS requirement if someone has a track record in the field, but it seems to be the way of the world for many of those jobs.

I live in the non-profit world, so I might be able to be helpful ... even if doing nothing more than looking at your resume and making suggestions. Why don't you send it to me if you think it might be helpful.

cto said:
Do you have a formal resume that encompasses what you wrote in that post? That would be a good first step. All kinds of non-profits, not just universities, hire people to apply for grants. If you have a good track record of success in obtaining grants,, it would be a real plus. Some organizations (especially universities) have a hang-up about academic backgrounds (i.e., saying they require a bachelor's, but "preferably an advanced degree." I think it is BS requirement if someone has a track record in the field, but it seems to be the way of the world for many of those jobs. I live in the non-profit world, so I might be able to be helpful ... even if doing nothing more than looking at your resume and making suggestions. Why don't you send it to me if you think it might be helpful.

You never cease to amaze me, Joyce. I'll email you

GonzoInMD said:
You might also try to look for jobs here in the DC area doing proposal writing for government contract work.

My only issue is I've been working post award stuff... After the grant is written and funded. Running budgets and what not

HeaterCuse22 said:
Troop I have a buddy who is hiring all the time for the above in DC. I'd be happy to pass along to him if u pm me I can get you my email.
See my above response. I just started learning grant writing last week after someone left...

But hey, I didn't know about post award until I did it either.

I can learn anything... I'm a guy you can take a chance on

I'll look around Vermont for some jobs.. What part are you in again?

He's in Southern VT. You could try Bennington College, College of St. Joseph's (my sister's alma mater), Green Mountain College, Southern Vermont College, and Marlboro College.

If you moved up here closer to me you could try UVM (ha!) or Champlain College. I know a half-dozen people who work at Champlain so I could grease the skids there if like. Or you could try Norwich. That would appeal to the former Army boy you are.

He's in Southern VT. You could try Bennington College, College of St. Joseph's (my sister's alma mater), Green Mountain College, Southern Vermont College, and Marlboro College.

If you moved up here closer to me you could try UVM (ha!) or Champlain College. I know a half-dozen people who work at Champlain so I could grease the skids there if like. Or you could try Norwich. That would appeal to the former Army boy you are.

I still havent forgotten to send that resume to you. Give me about half hour.

The river was jumping this weekend man, Everyone was catching fish. We are going to have a good time. Should have you set up with fishing poles and hip boots and all that good stuff. An out of state fishing license is about $140 I think. I will check to see if they are cheaper in Anchorage.

I still havent forgotten to send that resume to you. Give me about half hour.

The river was jumping this weekend man, Everyone was catching fish. We are going to have a good time. Should have you set up with fishing poles and hip boots and all that good stuff. An out of state fishing license is about $140 I think. I will check to see if they are cheaper in Anchorage.

SWEET! Love it. Just let me know what else to grab on my way out of town. So need this.

SWEET! Love it. Just let me know what else to grab on my way out of town. So need this.

There is a store right around the corner from the camp ground, and the prices seemed reasonable. I will text you as we get closer, and we can figure anything else out. But I cant imagine you will need anything other than yourself, a good beer drinking stomach, and a fishing license. Gonna be a blast man

There is a store right around the corner from the camp ground, and the prices seemed reasonable. I will text you as we get closer, and we can figure anything else out. But I cant imagine you will need anything other than yourself, a good beer drinking stomach, and a fishing license. Gonna be a blast man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom