Ebenezer Ogundeko kicked off Clemson | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Ebenezer Ogundeko kicked off Clemson

I'm not going to pile on here... Ebo had raw talent and unfortunately for him, he got in his own way before that talent could be realized. Still wish he would have come to SU. May have had a better support system for him at the time.

I would say this - to takes a certain humility to "stay home" and play for your home state school that hasn't had tons of recent success. It seems like the kids who "blow up" and play for bigger, name schools get into trouble because they lack humility (among other things).

As a clemson fan I am glad to be rid of Ebo and Kelly, i think both would have been better off staying in NY. I do think both were good talents but their childish attitudes seemed to fester when they realized they would not be handed starting jobs,

EBO and Broyld... both could have played in the NFL.

Both completely wasted their talents.

Its a very sad day if you followed the recruitment of both like I did.

EBO and Broyld... both could have played in the NFL.

Both completely wasted their talents.

Its a very sad day if you followed the recruitment of both like I did.

I think both Ebo and Broyld bought into their own hype. Both display ethical moral and intellectual deficiencies. They are destroyers of team chemistry.

Ebo isn't doing any jail time over this.

IMO it's a non-violent crime by a kid from Brooklyn who found himself at a school where a lot of ppl had a lot more money than he did. He's a teenager who attempted basically a victimless crime (the credit card companies are the REAL crooks here)
There seems to be an increasingly popular view that it is okay to take money that doesn't belong to you because there is a faceless (to you) victim (you call it "victimless") or the victim is a corporation. We all pay for credit card fraud in the form of higher fees. The banks don't absorb these losses all by themselves.

If it isn't yours, it isn't yours. It really is that simple, morally and legally.

Can we go back to calling him Ebeneezer Skeezer? Wasn't this thread titled that for a while?

Both Ebo and Ashton let their ego's get in the way of success at the college level and ruined their NFL prospects...Ebo can't stay out trouble and Ashton might of been an NFL prospect......at LINEBACKER !

Can we go back to calling him Ebeneezer Skeezer? Wasn't this thread titled that for a while?

I think his recruiting thread was called that at first. I remember that.

UD1954 said:
Both Ebo and Ashton let their ego's get in the way of success at the college level and ruined their NFL prospects...Ebo can't stay out trouble and Ashton might of been an NFL prospect...at LINEBACKER !

Ebo committed fraud and was involved in an assault. We don't know what Ashton did, if anything. Not really fair.

Ebo committed fraud and was involved in an assault. We don't know what Ashton did, if anything. Not really fair.

I have a good friend who is an agent.

He said that his agency (a relatively big 1, with a lot of big names and big contracts) basically decided not to pursue Ashton because of his high school red flags. at the current time he was too much of a fringe player to worry about.

This is going to be icing on the cake for any team now.

NO way you could save him after what he did. Big mistake on this kids part seeing as how he was expected to compete for the starting spot in the fall. He was charged with one count of financial transaction fraud. Hate it for the kid but he did it to himself. Hopefully he gets this cleared up and makes a name for himself at another school.

Police: Clemson football player dismissed from team charged
Interesting to see that people in this thread were blaming this result on the Clemson players being too Christian and southern culture vs NYC culture.
Probably should have kept the NYC culture in NYC.
Kids a dope, and evidently a crook and a felon.

It’s easy to sit back and judge a kid as a dope/crook/felon but things aren’t always that simple.

Is Ebo guilty of making 2 bad decisions? Yes.

He stupidly participated in a credit card scam that other people approached him with. He wasn’t the kingpin behind the crime, he was a kid who thought he could get away with what a bunch of other guys were doing to get some free stuff.

Then he got into a fight at a college party.

Both are dumb mistakes, both deserve punishment but imo both are easily understandable mistakes made by a kid dealing with figuring out life.

A lot of these inner city kids simply don’t have the money to compete with the student body at these schools. I’ve noticed Notre Dame is an extreme example where the old money culture is a shock to the system for a lot of the scholarship athletes.

I know him personally and Ebo is a good person. He lived his entire life staying away from bad elements in his ‘hood. In college he made mistakes. I made A LOT of mistakes when i was in college but was lucky enough not to get caught. So maybe just go easy on the extreme judgement.

Regardless he is a steal for KC as an UFA.

It’s easy to sit back and judge a kid as a dope/crook/felon but things aren’t always that simple.

He stupidly participated in a credit card scam that other people approached him with. He wasn’t the kingpin behind the crime, he was a kid who thought he could get away with what a bunch of other guys were doing to get some free stuff.

Both are dumb mistakes, both deserve punishment but imo both are easily understandable mistakes made by a kid dealing with figuring out life.

A lot of these inner city kids simply don’t have the money to compete with the student body at these schools. I’ve noticed Notre Dame is an extreme example where the old money culture is a shock to the system for a lot of the scholarship athletes.

I know him personally and Ebo is a good person. He lived his entire life staying away from bad elements in his ‘hood. In college he made mistakes. I made A LOT of mistakes when i was in college but was lucky enough not to get caught. So maybe just go easy on the extreme judgement.

Doug-Gottlieb-cupcake-832x447.jpg

What's wrong with a little credit card scam?!

That's all well and good, but he's still a felon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom