Ed O out at LSU | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Ed O out at LSU

The issue is the off field mess that LSU had with Guise. You would have to be really sure (and this is difficult to say the least) that he didn't help cover it up. But the idea that well, he needs good coordinators, who doesn't?

SU could do a shhit-ton worse than hiring Eddie O.

His main job is still to win games. I wouldn't hire a cheater to win. But I don't know that about Ed O
I don't know that he is considered the cleanest recruiter. I believe he was on Pete Carroll's staff at USC and he was with Lane Kiffin when they were intentionally committing secondary violations.

I don't know that he is considered the cleanest recruiter. I believe he was on Pete Carroll's staff at USC and he was with Lane Kiffin when they were intentionally committing secondary violations.
And he was on P's staff in mid 90s as a bulldog recruiter, after being dismissed from Miami

I personally don’t care how he recruits. Not like he’ll be lining recruits and their parents pockets with loot someone from Syracuse gave him to hand out. We know that’s never happening anyway. At best he’ll maybe throw someone a free coupon book for the area.

If he recruits NJ telling the recruits he’d beat Schiano like a rag doll in a fight and that Rutgers program is pathetic. I could care less. I don’t really care how he recruits, if he can recruit.

I personally don’t care how he recruits. Not like he’ll be lining recruits and their parents pockets with loot someone from Syracuse gave him to hand out. We know that’s never happening anyway. At best he’ll maybe throw someone a free coupon book for the area.

If he recruits NJ telling the recruits he’d beat Schiano like a rag doll in a fight and that Rutgers program is pathetic. I could care less. I don’t really care how he recruits, if he can recruit.
Well he can recruit with the best of them and has done so for over thirty years.

He's a larger than life figure in college football.

He's divorced her now but he met his second wife while working for SU.

I know. What's your point?
You said you didn't think he was the cleanest recruiter based on who he has worked for in the past.

You didn't include P on your list.

I don’t know if Donald Trump will ever coach Syracuse football, but it ain’t happening.
Why in the heck would Ed O have any interest in coaching Syracuse?Even if for some ungodly reason he wanted to coach the Orange there is no way Syracuse is getting involved with everything that has happened recently.
You know Coach O reached out to SU in the past and expressed interest in being our HC right? You know he already coached here right? Sounds like he likes CNY.

You seem to have an inside line on his thought process, what has changed since last time he wanted to coach here?

Is Orgeron the coach who was on a recruiting visit to a kids home, and he dropped his pants, pointed to his balls, and said "If you want to play for me you better have a set of these"?

Or am I thinking of a Rutgers basketball coach?

You know Coach O reached out to SU in the past and expressed interest in being our HC right? You know he already coached here right? Sounds like he likes CNY.

You seem to have an inside line on his thought process, what has changed since last time he wanted to coach here?
You can’t be serious, what has changed?
Oh my!

So I’m a married-in lsu fan. He’s an absolute disaster at everything except recruiting. Cannot hire effectively or manage a staff. Has a 3000 square ft closet full of skeletons. The stuff that’s starting to trickle out about his girlfriends at practice is bonkers (split with the wife after the 2019 title). Nobody has done less with more the last two seasons. The discipline on that team is atrocious. He’s not what could ever work here.

Edit: to add - he hired Bo Pelini as DC last year and it was a complete disaster. Ed later admitted that he made the hire without a face to face discussion with Bo. Because why would you need that for a multi-million dollar hire???

Last edited:
So I’m a married-in lsu fan. He’s an absolute disaster at everything except recruiting. Cannot hire effectively or manage a staff. Has a 3000 square ft closet full of skeletons. The stuff that’s starting to trickle out about his girlfriends at practice is bonkers (split with the wife after the 2019 title). Nobody has done less with more the last two seasons. The discipline on that team is atrocious. He’s not what could ever work here.

My god, this sounds like one of the greatest coaches to ever walk the earth actually. All this stuff and he won a national championship, has a winning record in the SEC, and win % against all Top 10 teams they’ve played.

My god, this sounds like one of the greatest coaches to ever walk the earth actually. All this stuff and he won a national championship, has a winning record in the SEC, and win % against all Top 10 teams they’ve played.
Right?

Pretty sure every coach in the SEC has a deep closet with stuff that could ruin them if an AD wanted to

The don't call him "$100 dollar handshake" Ed Orgeron for nothing! Although in this day and age it better be 50 100 dollar bills as a starting point...

You did more than that. You said he wouldn't want to come here. As if you know what he would want. While it is a safer bet to say that we wouldn't go there, it is not a safe bet to say that he would rule us out without a doubt.
If the guy is employable after everything comes out what makes you think Syracuse would be on his top 25 list?He has plenty of money which wasn’t exactly the case when he might have been interested in the past. No logical reason at this point in his life to go to a place like Syracuse.

OMG, I was expecting to read something bad and I read some guy trying to pick someone up at a gas station. Omg this is getting funnier the more the media tries to play this out like some big deal b/c the LSU machine is pushing the narrative.
I didn’t detect any effort whatsoever to explore whether there might be another side to the narrative the author was getting from the LSU athletic department. Sadly that is what passes for a lot of “journalism” these days.

You can’t be serious, what has changed?
Oh my!
You said “why in the heck would Ed O want to coach here”. I was letting you know that in fact he has already coached here and reached out to come back.

I don’t think Dino is let go after this year and if so I don’t think Coach O is the next hire but to say definitively he doesn’t want to come here(again) is silly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom