Elite 8 Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Elite 8 Thread

Ah, Michigan, another team we recruit against...a lot...yet a good portion of this board inexplicably roots for.

Yay. Hope this gets them Girard! Go blue :rolleyes:
Never understood some of our posters ambivalence towards that program. They flopped their way to defeat us in a Final Four just 5 years ago, we often recruit the same players (Battle, Girard, Bamba). Do we really want those recruits to be watching them score 95 points in the Sweet 16?

On a side note, find me a Michigan student or grad who doesn't try to tell you how great of a school it is in the first minute. They're basically the Cornell of the Midwest.

I'm definitely a P5 proponent but lately it seems to be more of a P3 with the Pac12 and Big XII in danger of being relegated.

The Big 12 has 3 teams in the elite 8, and could get 2 in the Final 4 tomorrow.

The Big 12 has 3 teams in the elite 8, and could get 2 in the Final 4 tomorrow.
If they can continue this years success in the next few years, we can talk. Oklahoma finally got the Big XII into the CFP for the first time since its inception and they haven't won anything in CBB since 2008 with Kansas being the only team ever giving them that chance.

Never understood some of our posters ambivalence towards that program. They flopped their way to defeat us in a Final Four just 5 years ago, we often recruit the same players (Battle, Girard, Bamba). Do we really want those recruits to be watching them score 95 points in the Sweet 16?

On a side note, find me a Michigan student or grad who doesn't try to tell you how great of a school it is in the first minute. They're basically the Cornell of the Midwest.
I'm just going to assume the posters who pull for Nova and Michigan (unless they have a specific reason) don't follow recruiting.. because if they did, I can't imagine they'd be rooting for those schools.

I'll never root for Michigan.

Ever.

Charge my arss...

FakeDenseChameleon-max-1mb.gif

The irony of that is we beat Louisville in Louisville that year. We had this game it sucks still

Haha, the TSN Canada guys seem equally puzzled by how insanely stupid, and generally unprepared the Florida State players seemed for the end of game situation.

Well, I like Jack Armstrong, but Sam Mitchell is a dolt.

main-qimg-5db26dc498b765bb498b1c00face036f-c

free throw shooting at the end. how bad was michigan ? this is something coaches can't let slide like in the past. i can't make you taller. i can't make you faster. but dammitt proper coaching can make you a better free throw shooter.

I am forced to pull for Duke today (ugh) for the sake of winning my office pool. This will be tough for me.

They are only down 8. Is it just me, or does Nova push off on offense every play?

That play where the TT lost the ball on the roll leading to nova runout/ 4 pt swing was 100% a foul. Dude's entire left arm was hit, of course he lost it. Announcer didn't even acknowledge it on replay saying he lost it lmao.

If we played Texas Tech we would win.
Our guards would beat them off the dribble, we would get tons of offensive rebounds and our D would shut them down.

Duke will score a ton on Nova.
Nova will need to shoot lights out to beat them.
Kansas would be an underdog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom