Embarrassing | Syracusefan.com

Embarrassing

orange7

Starter
This is totally unacceptable boys. To lose the way we are...letting up 500 plus yards to Louisville at home...to blowing a 17-0 lead vs. AAC USF...to losing to a 2-4 UND team that can't beat Duke...to losing to Wake Forest...

Totally unacceptable. What kind of product is this?! Bring back Dougie. He made us relevant. Best UL with Bridgewater. Beat WVU with Geno and company both on the road and at the Dome. Beat a stacked KSU team.

Between the dome being a crap cool...lousy tailgating...I love this team but if you don't think changes need to be made, then idk what to tell you. I'm so frustrated.

Discuss.

This is totally unacceptable boys. To lose the way we are...letting up 500 plus yards to Louisville at home...to blowing a 17-0 lead vs. AAC USF...to losing to a 2-4 UND team that can't beat Duke...to losing to Wake Forest...

Totally unacceptable. What kind of product is this?! Bring back Dougie. He made us relevant. Best UL with Bridgewater. Beat WVU with Geno and company both on the road and at the Dome. Beat a stacked KSU team.

Between the dome being a crap cool...lousy tailgating...I love this team but if you don't think changes need to be made, then idk what to tell you. I'm so frustrated.

Discuss.

KSU was stacked? They were 6-6

I'm not thrilled to say the least...but people are being super dramatic here. We knew this would be an uphill battle that will take a couple years

Marrone is partially the reason we're in this mess -- poor recruiting. The best guys during the Marrone era were Robinson kids: Nassib, Lemon, Sales, Pugh, Chandler, Arthur...

I'll be one of those angry guys. Marrone was our savior. 8 wins...twice. Guess when we will get 8 wins again? 2025?? He played Minn to OT in his first game. Lost to PSU by a TD at Beaver Stadium in his second game. Guys are you kidding me? We lost. By 3 TDs! To wake forest...

I just don't get all the animosity regarding Marrone. Yeah, he left his 'dream job' to go to the NFL...not some other college program. I realize the way it went down was far from ideal, but he clearly rescued this program from the deep abyss that GRob took us to. In my view, the far larger blame is the prior SU administration and powers that be which allowed such a proud & deeply rooted football program descend to irrelevance by staying passive...encompassed with that 'only game in town' mentality.

I'll be one of those angry guys. Marrone was our savior. 8 wins...twice. Guess when we will get 8 wins again? 2025?? He played Minn to OT in his first game. Lost to PSU by a TD at Beaver Stadium in his second game. Guys are you kidding me? We lost. By 3 TDs! To wake forest...
Marrone was/is a great coach. But he was a below-average recruiter. Robinson also left much better players for Marrone than Shafer left for Babers (outside the skill positions which are roughly even) which says a lot.

I firmly believe that the reason Shafer won in 2013 was entirely due to the majority of the players being Marrone coached.

Not sure what fans were watching in our first 4 real games, but it became obvious to me that with 2 wins under our belt, we would be lucky to finish with 4 wins (not the 6 wins I thought were possible pre-season) and since I thought Wake might be a good possibility for one of those other two, it wouldn't surprise me now if we only finish with 2 wins overall.

This is going to take three full years, imho, to get us out of the hole. I am not going to worry about this year or even next at this point. It will be what it will be. If by the middle of the third year we are looking as inept as we have so far this season, then I shout from the rooftops. But not until then.

Cheers,
Neil