Embarrassing | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Embarrassing

Going undefeated would mean beating Louisville, Clemson, and FSU in the same season. It won't happen - those teams simply recruit at higher level than us, and will for the foreseeable future. It's not being a defeatist, it's being honest.

Guess what, if SU gets to the point where it's going 1-2/2-1 against those three, I'll take it.

Only dome team in the East running this offense in a P5 conference. There are PLENTY of football players in the NE to fill out the both lines, LBs, and RB's, because you can absolutely find all those guys in numbers within six hours, in NY, PA, NJ, Ohio, NE, Canada. You can find safeties in NJ or go south. Focus on Fla for corners and WR's, but you can always find slot guys and possession receivers in our core recruiting territory.

As for QB's recruit nationally, and I don't think that will be a problem.

Depends what you think the program can achieve. The glory days will never come back. I see this team settling in every season at 6-6 or 7-5. 1/4 years they'll go 8-4 and once in a decade they'll go 9-3 or better.

Focus on program dev this year. 6-6 next year and then dream bigger again. The offense will be fine. Defense is pretty bad with a majority of guys not fitting the scheme and not talented.
I don't bye that, never will, we have seen long dormant programs rise out of ashes many times. A program with our history can do it. I can't guarantee it will but it is absolutely possible.

That's not what I'm saying at all. He did a nice job of repairing a broken program (from bad to mediocre) and you could see the improvement on the field, though it did not turn around magically in one off season.

I don't think we need to see win like Northwestern to see that Babers is the right coach. Tougher schedule, tougher conference, and a new scheme that is more of a transition will look like what we've looked.

But some lift Dougie a little too high around here given a real look at the results. We can quibble over it more if you like, but we'll probably continue to disagree.

Bad is a tremendous understatement.

Historical dumpster fire is more appropriate.

Sounds pretty pragmatic to me...1987 will never happen again.
I can live without 1987 again as long as we get a reincarnation of 1959...
It might, it might not.

All I know is that in 2012 the team had the 17th ranked team in total offense, in 2010 the 7th ranked defense.

You know what happens when you put that kind of performance together, you are looking at 10, 11 or more wins.

This program is looking at an offense that is ranked in the top 20 at least every year. Get the defense into the top 40 and watch out.

Bad is a tremendous understatement.

Historical dumpster fire is more appropriate.
The team that lost the National Title game 2 years ago looks worse then us at 2-4, and 2 consecutive blowouts, with 1 at home Oregon.

You DO realize the only ones who had us winning this game were us, right? WF was favored even before the weather. I guess you know more than everyone...
UCONN was favored to but the whole board had us winning too...

The WHOLE board? Wow...that's like the entire world, isn't it? In the whole scheme of things, this board counts as small potatoes, plus we're fans.

Half of the board will have us giving Clemson a scare. It is the optimism of being a fan just prior to game day. Anything is possible and that is why we watch. Vegas and probably anyone outside of Syracuse had us losing this past saturday