Embarrassing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Embarrassing

This is totally unacceptable boys. To lose the way we are...letting up 500 plus yards to Louisville at home...to blowing a 17-0 lead vs. AAC USF...to losing to a 2-4 UND team that can't beat Duke...to losing to Wake Forest...

Totally unacceptable. What kind of product is this?! Bring back Dougie. He made us relevant. Best UL with Bridgewater. Beat WVU with Geno and company both on the road and at the Dome. Beat a stacked KSU team.

Between the dome being a crap cool...lousy tailgating...I love this team but if you don't think changes need to be made, then idk what to tell you. I'm so frustrated.

Discuss.
Go away. Bad loss, yep. Sky is falling, no. Fans like you I hope never come back to the dome. This is a rebuild and if you can't see it you're blind. If in three years we are still struggling to three wins then yes we should question the Babers hire but until then sit back, enjoy life, and let him fix the problem

I'll be one of those angry guys. Marrone was our savior. 8 wins...twice. Guess when we will get 8 wins again? 2025?? He played Minn to OT in his first game. Lost to PSU by a TD at Beaver Stadium in his second game. Guys are you kidding me? We lost. By 3 TDs! To wake forest...
We lost that game 28-7, managing only a garbage time TD. The Marrone is strong in you.

Go away. Bad loss, yep. Sky is falling, no. Fans like you I hope never come back to the dome. This is a rebuild and if you can't see it you're blind. If in three years we are still struggling to three wins then yes we should question the Babers hire but until then sit back, enjoy life, and let him fix the problem

Thank you and I am sure Mr Patient who wants "Dougie" back was singing "Dougie's" praises when we lost our last 5 games in 2011 and started 2-4 in 2012, right?

Marrone is partially the reason we're in this mess -- poor recruiting. The best guys during the Marrone era were Robinson kids: Nassib, Lemon, Sales, Pugh, Chandler, Arthur...
Total BS, by that logic Shafer beat Wake 3 times with Dougie's terrible recruits.

Enough with that, there is no excuse for this loss other than the coaching staff lost the game for the kids. They clearly did not have a competent game plan and the play calling was the worst I can remember since DeLeone.

Weather didn't seem to affect Wakes offense with their 3rd string QB in there, we had our starting QB and RB along with the #1 receiver int he nation. ALL on the coaches.

Praying that Babers wasn't calling the plays or my confidence in him is gone with this loss.

SO pissed.

Worst part is that I am seeing regression in game 6 where we should be seeing progress. I am baffled at what is going on this season.

Well it is over now. We have to pick ourselves up and put on our big boy pants. On to the next one. We need a win next week at home BAD!! It would be nice to pull off an upset somewhere along the way this year. Hell let's upset two teams. Don't bail on us yet fellas.

Glass half full time: any chance we get healthier on the line and finish strong?

Is Syracuse the only program that can't finish strong and improve?

This is totally unacceptable boys. To lose the way we are...letting up 500 plus yards to Louisville at home...to blowing a 17-0 lead vs. AAC USF...to losing to a 2-4 UND team that can't beat Duke...to losing to Wake Forest...

Totally unacceptable. What kind of product is this?! Bring back Dougie. He made us relevant. Best UL with Bridgewater. Beat WVU with Geno and company both on the road and at the Dome. Beat a stacked KSU team.

Between the dome being a crap cool...lousy tailgating...I love this team but if you don't think changes need to be made, then idk what to tell you. I'm so frustrated.

Discuss.

Should probably peek at "Dougies" first year before going crazy. 4 wins, easier schedule by a mile.

None of those signature wins came in year one. We'll have some with this coach.

Not sure what fans were watching in our first 4 real games, but it became obvious to me that with 2 wins under our belt, we would be lucky to finish with 4 wins (not the 6 wins I thought were possible pre-season) and since I thought Wake might be a good possibility for one of those other two, it wouldn't surprise me now if we only finish with 2 wins overall.

This is going to take three full years, imho, to get us out of the hole. I am not going to worry about this year or even next at this point. It will be what it will be. If by the middle of the third year we are looking as inept as we have so far this season, then I shout from the rooftops. But not until then.

Cheers,
Neil
I understand that it takes time to win games, however we are not even competing. We have been blown out by every team we have played other than Colgate and UConn. I have supported this team for so long, like many others. I would just like to see the team compete. Hell, I would have been okay with losing last night if it were close, but it wasn't. I get more disappointed every year. I am just so sick of losing. I really hope Coach Babers can recruit and coach. Not one or the other like some of the former we have had.

Discuss.

I was as big a fan as anyone of FHCDM. However, I would not trade HCDB for anyone. Dino has one of the best offensive minds & identities in the country while BC, UConn, Rutgers, Pitt & Penn St are all stuck in the past and play glorified defensive minded rock fights. It took FHCDM a long time to figure things out and HCDB is at least 3 years ahead of where Doug was when he first started.

I don't care if we don't win another game this year I would rather have an established offensive minded coach. Would you rather have had Ash now at Rutgers? If we ever go back to a D minded HC I will withdraw financial support from SU. Dino needs to recruit heavy in the NJ/NE to take advantage of this perfect recruiting advantage.

Finally, we need to start scheduling for a program rebuild. If the ACC is ok with an 8 plus 1 format, start scheduling the rebuild now. I'm going to get in Wildhack's face shortly on this issue I'll get called and ejected for targeting but I don't care.

I was as big a fan as anyone of FHCDM. However, I would not trade HCDB for anyone. Dino has one of the best offensive minds & identities in the country while BC, UConn, Rutgers, Pitt & Penn St are all stuck in the past and play glorified defensive minded rock fights. It took FHCDM a long time to figure things out and HCDB is at least 3 years ahead of where Doug was when he first started.

I don't care if we don't win another game this year I would rather have an established offensive minded coach. Would you rather have had Ash now at Rutgers? If we ever go back to a D minded HC I will withdraw financial support from SU. Dino needs to recruit heavy in the NJ/NE to take advantage of this perfect recruiting advantage.

Finally, we need to start scheduling for a program rebuild. If the ACC is ok with an 8 plus 1 format, start scheduling the rebuild now. I'm going to get in Wildhack's face shortly on this issue I'll get called and ejected for targeting but I don't care.
Harbaugh showed what kind of complete ass he is by taking out his hatred of Ash for his Ohio State connections on an out manned Rutgers team . He is inhuman .

How bout you stop eating the batter and wait for the cake to be baked??

Here is the Magic Cake

cake.jpg

I understand that it takes time to win games, however we are not even competing. We have been blown out by every team we have played other than Colgate and UConn. I have supported this team for so long, like many others. I would just like to see the team compete. Hell, I would have been okay with losing last night if it were close, but it wasn't. I get more disappointed every year. I am just so sick of losing. I really hope Coach Babers can recruit and coach. Not one or the other like some of the former we have had.

Agree. It's very frustrating over the past decade or so being a fan of SU football. And the feelings run high right after a loss which is why I usually avoid posting until two days or so after a loss. Also agree that while I had hoped we might be more competitive this season, we haven't been so far. I am sure Wake fans felt the same way the first two years of Clawson when they finished 3-9 both times and that was with relatively easy OOC games. Now they are 5-1 and need just to beat either Army or BC at home to go to a bowl game. We need to have patience and adjust the OOC games (which may be too late for the near future) and hopefully our year three will see us heading back in the right direction. That's how I see it anyway.

Cheers,
Neil

Folks you really need to step back from the ledge...Was last night ugly? Yes it was...Does Dungy look like he is having some problems...yes...does the defense look like it's short on talent...yes...Folks we don't have new coaching this year because we won 10 last year and are a college football juggernaut...there is lots to do, there are injuries on the lines, on defense, coaching up that needs to happen...talent infusion...ya gotta just accept it and let the process occur from start to finish, not from start to 6 games...that said people also need to stop acting like HCDB offense cures all and is the magic elixir and perhaps having a little meathead/ smashmouth football in the formula may help in unfavorable conditions...please note I said a little, not let's fully revert...stay sane Cuse fans and strap in...is gonna be a bumpy ride...

This game magnified the need for quality offensive linemen and depth.
I don't think there are any offensive lineman that are use to playing a 100 plays a game . Maybe in west Texas , Dino should get some guys from out there who play this ball in high school .

Agree. It's very frustrating over the past decade or so being a fan of SU football. And the feelings run high right after a loss which is why I usually avoid posting until two days or so after a loss. Also agree that while I had hoped we might be more competitive this season, we haven't been so far. I am sure Wake fans felt the same way the first two years of Clawson when they finished 3-9 both times and that was with relatively easy OOC games. Now they are 5-1 and need just to beat either Army or BC at home to go to a bowl game. We need to have patience and adjust the OOC games (which may be too late for the near future) and hopefully our year three will see us heading back in the right direction. That's how I see it anyway.

Cheers,
Neil

Wake is a 7 win team this year yet somehow us losing to them 1st year of a complete overhaul is unacceptable to many here.. I guess I don't get that. I really don't.

I'll be one of those angry guys. Marrone was our savior. 8 wins...twice. Guess when we will get 8 wins again? 2025?? He played Minn to OT in his first game. Lost to PSU by a TD at Beaver Stadium in his second game. Guys are you kidding me? We lost. By 3 TDs! To wake forest...

His 2nd season was the easiest SOS in 20 years. He left knowing that recruiting wasn't his thing.

This game was there for the taking and not even close to being as bad as the score indicated. Look at the box score.

Not sure what fans were watching in our first 4 real games, but it became obvious to me that with 2 wins under our belt, we would be lucky to finish with 4 wins (not the 6 wins I thought were possible pre-season) and since I thought Wake might be a good possibility for one of those other two, it wouldn't surprise me now if we only finish with 2 wins overall.

This is going to take three full years, imho, to get us out of the hole. I am not going to worry about this year or even next at this point. It will be what it will be. If by the middle of the third year we are looking as inept as we have so far this season, then I shout from the rooftops. But not until then.

Cheers,
Neil
Right now we only have 2 people on offense, who can play in this league, Eric, and Amba, our running backs aren't good, and our other receivers are bad. Next year will be another bad year, unless the young receivers are fast learners. Phillips has no ability to make people miss, so the bubble screens don't work, and Ismael seems to have lost any ability he had. We need to bring in a good running back who can start, and maybe a couple grad transfers at receiver. On defense we need better linebackers. The 1st 3 games last year were Rhode Island, Wake, and Central Michigan,none were great running teams we did well. The last 9 games we gave up 2042 yards on 367 carries for an average of 5.6 yards per carry. We need a wholesale change in the back 7 on defense to become good again. Year 3 we will see progress, but the fans will scream for change before that.

Wake is a 7 win team this year yet somehow us losing to them 1st year of a complete overhaul is unacceptable to many here.. I guess I don't get that. I really don't.

IMO they are the worst team we have lost to since USF in 2011. They are not a good team and are a product of their schedule.