Enjoy it while it lasts, folks... | Syracusefan.com

Enjoy it while it lasts, folks...

Stupid question but are the 15yds from the pass interference call against us included in the total yardage?

Do we expect any less than to be the #1 Defense in the country?

You want some of the #1 Defense in the country WF?

You think your offense can produce against the #1 Defense in the country?

Our coaches deserve the credit for producing the #1 Defense in the country.

I just want to say it as many times as possible while it holds.

Stupid question but are the 15yds from the pass interference call against us included in the total yardage?
No only yards earned during the course of play are in total yardage. Penalty yards are there own category.

Our defense played really well on Friday. I bet we forced close to the most turnovers in week 1.

I heard a couple people critical that we could've had a couple more INTs, but I'm not sure I heard any praise for Winfield's nice Pick 6. I know the ball floated into his hands, but it was a nice run back. We're #1. We're #1!

As much as some diehards think we should open against much stronger P5 level teams like Lville, NC & V did (and lost), we really should be scheduling teams like URI - to me it only makes sense otherwise if your trying to make it into the NC game. I tend to think of an opener like against URI as a "beta" test like we always have in my business before we go live to the general public just to get the "final kinks" out of the product. You can only pre test (practice) so much, but that first beta gives us a definitive go/no go decision.

It's just smart business to beta test new product - not sure why all the negativity after a convincing 47-0 win but to me just getting a new offense installed and unfortunately a new frosh QB to run it, opening against the likes of LSU would have been a disaster.

I'm happy for the team and causiously optimistic for our chances to get back to a bowl game this year. Go Orange!

Facing a subpar team week 1 basically makes it a preseason game which is the perfect strategy. We should be 1-0 every single year after playing a team like a Rhode Island or Maine.

Facing a subpar team week 1 basically makes it a preseason game which is the perfect strategy. We should be 1-0 every single year after playing a team like a Rhode Island or Maine.

We should open against Colgate in the Dome each year, (we used to play them in Archbold each year). More interesting that importing Rhode Island, Wagner, Stony Brook, etc. Then a home and home with Army, one with a MAC team, then with a school from another power conference. Then the ACC schedule.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom