Ennis back with the Suns tonight... | Syracusefan.com

Ennis back with the Suns tonight...

llandz

Living Legend
For those of you who are so quick to write off Tyler Ennis he was recalled by the Suns after 3 games with Bakersfield. Just the same as last time. 3 games, then back. He is on the road with the Suns in Oklahoma City tonight. All 3 guys, Tyler, TJ Warren and Archie Goodwin (Kentucky) were recalled.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...d_tyler_ennis_from_nbdls_bakersfield_jam.html

https://twitter.com/tdot_ennis/status/550348576950214657

OK. Can we stop with this nonsense now every time this happens? I am sure it will happen again this year. They also send TJ Warren (14th overall pick) every time. Let's see what happens to Tyler a couple of years down the road before we pass judgement.

For those of you who are so quick to write off Tyler Ennis he was recalled by the Suns after 3 games with Bakersfield. Just the same as last time. 3 games, then back. He is on the road with the Suns in Oklahoma City tonight. All 3 guys, Tyler, TJ Warren and Archie Goodwin (Kentucky) were recalled.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...d_tyler_ennis_from_nbdls_bakersfield_jam.html

OK. Can we stop with this nonsense now every time this happens? I am sure it will happen again this year. They also send TJ Warren (14th overall pick) every time. Let's see what happens to Tyler a couple of years down the road before we pass judgement.
Yeah!!! You tell'em!!!

llandz said:
For those of you who are so quick to write off Tyler Ennis he was recalled by the Suns after 3 games with Bakersfield. Just the same as last time. 3 games, then back. He is on the road with the Suns in Oklahoma City tonight. All 3 guys, Tyler, TJ Warren and Archie Goodwin (Kentucky) were recalled. http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...d_tyler_ennis_from_nbdls_bakersfield_jam.html https://twitter.com/tdot_ennis/status/550348576950214657 OK. Can we stop with this nonsense now every time this happens? I am sure it will happen again this year. They also send TJ Warren (14th overall pick) every time. Let's see what happens to Tyler a couple of years down the road before we pass judgement.

So what you're saying is that If Ennis was drafted by the Suns in the Lottery it's quite possible he would have ended up in the D League anyway right?

I'm honestly quite curious what JBs opinion of Otto Porter is right now. I remember what it was our last year in the BE.

So what you're saying is that If Ennis was drafted by the Suns in the Lottery it's quite possible he would have ended up in the D League anyway right?

I'm honestly quite curious what JBs opinion of Otto Porter is right now. I remember what it was our last year in the BE.

JB would say "Porter got $13 million plus guaranteed. Tyler three. Where I come from $10 million more is a lot more no matter."

MadNY3 said:
JB would say "Porter got $13 million plus guaranteed. Tyler three. Where I come from $10 million more is a lot more no matter."

But, the second contact is going to matter and I'm not sure what Ottos is going to look like. Don't know what Ennis's is either but it should be interesting.

Ennis was never going to play himself into a top ten pick.

Yes Marrone can get paid 4 million to drink margheritas on the beach if that is what he wants to do next year.

Yes Marrone can get paid 4 million to drink margheritas on the beach if that is what he wants to do next year.

He opted out, so right now he has zero for next year.

(Of course, this should be rectified within about a week.)

Tyler Ennis, PG DNP COACH'S DECISION

All that talent not being fully utilized is a shame. I just wish he stayed one more year and he would have been a top 5 pick in my opinion.

He opted out, so right now he has zero for next year.

(Of course, this should be rectified within about a week.)
Marrone gets paid 4 million even though he opted out it was written into the contract. The Ennis bashing is foolish regardless if everyone disagrees with his decision it is his life and his decision to make.

Last edited:
Marrone gets paid 4 million even though he opted out. The Ennis bashing is foolish regardless if everyone disagrees with his decision it is his life and his decision to make.

I don't completely agree with your sentiment. I think he got more out Syracuse University basketball than he put into it. Being a taker rather than a giver kind of bothers me. But in today's world I totally get that the individual is more important than the team. It's all about him. I get it. TE's success is more important than the team's success. Many people think he owes nothing to Syracuse University BB program for his success. I just think if he stayed one more year he would have done just as well if not better in the NBA and in total cash earnings. He probably would have got a $10 million contract instead of $3. Now he has to fight his way out of the D-league and actually get PT in the NBA. With a $10 million contract you would not see this in the box score:

I don't completely agree with your sentiment. I think he got more out Syracuse University basketball than he put into it. Being a taker rather than a giver kind of bothers me. But in today's world I totally get that the individual is more important than the team. It's all about him. I get it. TE's success is more important than the team's success. Many people think he owes nothing to Syracuse University BB program for his success. I just think if he stayed one more year he would have done just as well if not better in the NBA and in total cash earnings. He probably would have got a $10 million contract instead of $3. Now he has to fight his way out of the D-league and actually get PT in the NBA. With a $10 million contract you would not see this in the box score:

what if he came back and had career ending injury? It doesn't matter what your opinion is it is his life. I think he should of come back too but there is nothing we can do about it the decision is already made. Me personally I don't stress about stuff I cannot control.

what if he came back and had career ending injury? It doesn't matter what your opinion is it is his life. I think he should of come back too but there is nothing we can do about it the decision is already made. Me personally I don't stress about stuff I cannot control.

Thank you for my opinion doesn't matter comment.

As I said, TE is a taker not a giver. He got a lot more out of the program than he put into it. There were five PGs that went ahead of him the NBA draft. If he were a top-5 pick then I would expect one-and-done. I did not think he was ready for the NBA and obviously he's not ready:

Just so you know, if injury is your concern, most high-profile players have insurance policies in case they get injured.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/co...ptional-student-athlete-insurance-program.ece

If neither of them ever got paid again for hoop Porter could retire, Ennis cannot.

Suddenly people get cranky if posters have an opinion on something that can be perceived as negative.

1 - 10 million guaranteed is a top 5 pick. He wasn't going to be a top 5 pick. pg is a pretty loaded nba position currently.
2 - you are wrong on rookie dnp. Plenty get dnp-cd. Check #9 pick Noah Vonleh

Or check shabazz Muhammad's rookie year and check his stats this year

Dave85 said:
I don't completely agree with your sentiment. I think he got more out Syracuse University basketball than he put into it. Being a taker rather than a giver kind of bothers me. But in today's world I totally get that the individual is more important than the team. It's all about him. I get it. TE's success is more important than the team's success. Many people think he owes nothing to Syracuse University BB program for his success. I just think if he stayed one more year he would have done just as well if not better in the NBA and in total cash earnings. He probably would have got a $10 million contract instead of $3. Now he has to fight his way out of the D-league and actually get PT in the NBA. With a $10 million contract you would not see this in the box score: Tyler Ennis, PG DNP COACH'S DECISION

You seem to be celebrating an ex SU player, that we all cheered for last year, getting a DNP. Strange.

Jamesvillecuse said:
Marrone gets paid 4 million even though he opted out it was written into the contract. The Ennis bashing is foolish regardless if everyone disagrees with his decision it is his life and his decision to make.

I don't know this for sure and am just guessing, but if he signs with another team maybe he doesn't get that $4m? Curious how it's written in his Bills contract.

1 - 10 million guaranteed is a top 5 pick. He wasn't going to be a top 5 pick. pg is a pretty loaded nba position currently.
2 - you are wrong on rookie dnp. Plenty get dnp-cd. Check #9 pick Noah Vonleh

Or check shabazz Muhammad's rookie year and check his stats this year

First, opinions cannot be "wrong". And then there are the facts from the box score:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400578772

Thank you for my opinion doesn't matter comment.

As I said, TE is a taker not a giver. He got a lot more out of the program than he put into it. There were five PGs that went ahead of him the NBA draft. If he were a top-5 pick then I would expect one-and-done. I did not think he was ready for the NBA and obviously he's not ready:

Just so you know, if injury is your concern, most high-profile players have insurance policies in case they get injured.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/co...ptional-student-athlete-insurance-program.ece
I know about the insurance policy been following sports my whole life. So he won't make more than the 1 million insurance policy on this contract? Next year I believe Dragic contract is up so more playing time will open. As I said previously I agree he should of comeback but he didn't and i don't understand people bashing him for a decision that was his to make. I wish him well and hope he has a long career. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this.

You seem to be celebrating an ex SU player, that we all cheered for last year, getting a DNP. Strange.

You don't have to agree with my opinion. I thought TE was no way ready for the NBA. Yes he got $3 million. But he did not look like an NBA player to me. As I said, in my opinion, he got more out Orange BB than he put into it.

I know about the insurance policy been following sports my whole life. So he won't make more than the 1 million insurance policy on this contract? Next year I believe Dragic contract is up so more playing time will open. As I said previously I agree he should of comeback but he didn't and i don't understand people bashing him for a decision that was his to make. I wish him well and hope he has a long career. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this.

Yes, we disagree on this opinion. It's all good. We have this season to talk about.

Dave85 said:
You don't have to agree with my opinion. I thought TE was no way ready for the NBA. Yes he got $3 million. But he did not look like an NBA player to me. As I said, in my opinion, he got more out Orange BB than he put into it.

Didn't say anything about your opinion that he wasn't ready. Commenting on you using that DNP in several posts. You're celebrating that he DNP.

Jamesvillecuse said:
that is not true he gets the money regardless and it does not impact him signing with another team.

Who said it was true? I'm curious how it's worded. So you've seen the contract to know factually?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom