Ennis back with the Suns tonight... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis back with the Suns tonight...

Thank you for my opinion doesn't matter comment.

As I said, TE is a taker not a giver. He got a lot more out of the program than he put into it. There were five PGs that went ahead of him the NBA draft. If he were a top-5 pick then I would expect one-and-done. I did not think he was ready for the NBA and obviously he's not ready:

Tyler Ennis, PG DNP COACH'S DECISION

Just so you know, if injury is your concern, most high-profile players have insurance policies in case they get injured.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/co...ptional-student-athlete-insurance-program.ece

Explain to me again why getting playing time in college is the end all to development?. Why it is better than working with NBA assistants on your skills. Having more time to dedicate to your body and athleticism with NBA trainers 24/7. Practicing with NBA players. Learning an NBA system... observing NBA life (assuming you are mature and are following the right players)

I have no clue why people think playing 1000-1300 minutes in college, is that much better than 300-500 minutes in the NBA )with all the other benefits that the NBA offers).

Last edited:
I have no problem with someone taking the Ennis should enter the draft stance. The problem is mostly everyone in that camp wouldn't concede that there was a possibility of him improving his draft stock this year, they just stated over and over that his draft stock was as high as it was going to be, and he could get hurt.

Of course there is a possibility his draft stock could go up. Do you not acknowledge that many freshman have had their stock go down as well for reasons not related to injury?

He is not a +athlete. That will always limit his upside draft status (top 10 anyway).

I find it laughable that the people that point to him not being ready point to his body... you do know where its easier to work on your body and athleticsm right?

I have no problem with someone taking the Ennis should enter the draft stance. The problem is mostly everyone in that camp wouldn't concede that there was a possibility of him improving his draft stock this year, they just stated over and over that his draft stock was as high as it was going to be, and he could get hurt.

I'd say there was a possibility he could increase his stock, anything is possible, he's a talented kid. But I think it was more likely his stock would have stagnated or regressed than improved.

Not to mention, it's been explained literally 1000 times in 1000 diff threads that this commentary that playing in DLeague = Having to "dig out to get a 2nd contract" is complete and utter BS
It's fairly common practice in the NBA since the 1 and done rule. Period. End of story. Not opinion.

Your opinion is a fact. Got it.

You don't get it.

It's one thing to say he shouldn't have gone because you think he wasn't ready. Fine. Valid take. People can agree to disagree.

It is a completely different thing for you to say he shouldn't have gone, and ohbythewayhehasthesecharacterflawsandmostlyisjustselfish.

Stop hiding behind "having an opinion" and "other people don't have to agree with it" when levying personal criticisms with zero evidence towards the character of a former player.

Now you are just being argumentative. There's no different thing here other than we disagree what he should have done.

For s***s and giggles, let's look at what Ennis' competition to that 10 million dollar contract Dave keeps bandying about would be.

Okafor - No way in hell he gets drafted above Okafor
Mundiay - Not a chance
Towns - Nope
Stanley Johnson - Nada
Myles Turner - No way
Kevon Looney - Doubtful
D'Angelo Russell - No

Then we have Trey Lyles, Justise Winslow, Harrell, Steins, a couple of foreigners, and we get to the level that Ennis probably gets to, Rozier, who is projected in, SHOCKER, the teens or an outside shot at the back end of the lottery.

Noah Vonleh, who certainly "looked" like an NBA player AND was a Top 10 pick outta IU, was recently sent down by the Hornets, and recalled after a week because of an injury to a big. Shabazz Napier who'd been playing well, was also sent down and recalled.
I can understand the disappointment of some that Tyler didn't stay, but they've been several "I told you so" posts, almost celebrating any seemingly negative occurrence about Tyler's rookie year.
That's the part I don't get

I would describe it as restrained jubilation. Like George Costanza's reaction to Susan's death.

For s***s and giggles, let's look at what Ennis' competition to that 10 million dollar contract Dave keeps bandying about would be.

Okafor - No way in hell he gets drafted above Okafor
Mundiay - Not a chance
Towns - Nope
Stanley Johnson - Nada
Myles Turner - No way
Kevon Looney - Doubtful
D'Angelo Russell - No

Then we have Trey Lyles, Justise Winslow, Harrell, Steins, a couple of foreigners, and we get to the level that Ennis probably gets to, Rozier, who is projected in, SHOCKER, the teens or an outside shot at the back end of the lottery.

Just imagine how high his stock would be if he beat Duke again though!

Now you are just being argumentative. There's no different thing here other than we disagree what he should have done.
I'm not being argumentative. I'm not having a discussion with you about whether Ennis should have left. I'm telling you it was inappropriate to use your disagreement with his choice to make assumptions about and disparage his personal character, and lame that you tried to pass it off as no big deal because it's just your opinion. Come on.

Yes, in my opinion he got more out the Orange BB than he put into it. You don't have to agree with my opinion. Your judgement that it is unwarranted is YOUR opinion not mine. There were people telling him he as not ready for the NBA. When Dion Waiters came back his second year he looked like a beast. TE needed to spend some serious time in weight room. He just never looked like an NBA player to me. That's my warrant!

And if he was really ready for the NBA then how come he's not playing:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400578772

Yeah, the $3 million contract looks great for now. But compare to how much he could have been making longer term it makes me think he made the wrong decision. Maybe he will dig himself out of the d-league and get an opportunity to play. Maybe some day he will have a real NBA salary. We shall see. It's not that I don't want him to succeed. I just think it was a very short sighted and bad decision for him to make to enter the NBA draft before he was ready (in my opinion).
You keep bringing that up like the guys in front of him Dragic, Bledsoe, and Thomas are scrubs. Where are the minutes going to come from for him to play unless it's garbage time in a blowout? TJ Warren, who was a big time scorer at NC ST last year and was a lotto pick has been in the same situation as Ennis. I doubt NC ST fans are making multiple thread post bragging about his DNP's and D-League assignments like the good folks here.

I respect all opinions but if you think Ennis was going top 5 in 2015 with the names that Czar listed above, then you're just bugging because that was never going to happen even if David Kahn still had a GM gig.

Francis03 said:
You keep bringing that up like the guys in front of him Dragic, Bledsoe, and Thomas are scrubs. Where are the minutes going to come from for him to play unless it's garbage time in a blowout? TJ Warren, who was a big time scorer at NC ST last year and was a lotto pick has been in the same situation as Ennis. I doubt NC ST fans are making multiple thread post bragging about his DNP's and D-League assignments like the good folks here. I respect all opinions but if you think Ennis was going top 5 in 2015 with the names that Czar listed above, then you're just bugging because that was never going to happen even if David Kahn still had a GM gig.

Don't sell David Kahn short.

I respect all opinions but if you think Ennis was going top 5 in 2015 with the names that Czar listed above, then you're just bugging because that was never going to happen even if David Kahn still had a GM gig.

Sigh...time will tell. I must be a total hoser. Just think how much back bacon and touques you can buy with $3 million dollars eh! Life is good.

I've been praying for Ennis since he was sent down. I heard he may have had to ride a bus!

Are there guys with Tyler's profile (pretty short, not great athleticism) that go in the top 5 of NBA drafts that I'm just not aware of? It's one thing to just flatly say you think Tyler can go there; fine, anyone can have an opinion, but it would be nice to back it up with more than that.

I wish Tyler the best and hope he has a successful career. Yet like many fans, was looking forward to watching him play and develop further this year for SU. He was able to take advantage of MCW leaving, the 25-0 start, the winning Pitt shot and parlay it into an early NBA career. Good for him. Obviously circumstances change and they sure did for Tyler's stock (not for CJ Fair whose contribution of almost 17 points, 7 rebounds was just as crucial). I just wonder what JB told Ennis & family and Ennis & family told JB. Did JB offer and commit to the solitary PG platform for Ennis last year as long as JB believed Ennis was committed to 2 years so Kaleb could develop or did we just roll the dice? I imagine the ball started with MCW leaving early after his sophomore year but we didn't even get a backup pg for last year. Luckily Ennis remained healthy and his slower more deliberate pace probably helped him with that. Wonder if JB and staff will be evaluating their recruiting strategy as a result? There maybe higher highs but also some lower lows than we're accustomed to with unplanned one and dones. Just some crazy random thoughts running through these old cobwebs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom