Ennis | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis

Sure seems to like Orange...would love to cheer for a Canadian and would make more trips to see him if he committed to SU.

Named his top 3 of SU, Ville and Illinois today

I don't even know who Illinois' coach is now. He can't really wanna go there, right?

I don't even know who Illinois' coach is now. He can't really wanna go there, right?
John Groce. made the Sweet 16 with Ohio last year and former Thad Matta assistant at Xavier and OSU. Used to be Matta's top recruiter and brought soem very good talent to Ohio.

It's going to come down to SU vs. L'Ville for him. Their advantage is they have the PG spot wide open since Siva is a senior. Pitno can keep pushing that he starts as a freshman next season. Ennis has said in several interviews that immediate PT is important to him. Remains to be seen if that sways him. Hope JB is texting him from the Olympics and uses his position with Team USA to advantage.

It's going to come down to SU vs. L'Ville for him. Their advantage is they have the PG spot wide open since Siva is a senior. Pitno can keep pushing that he starts as a freshman next season. Ennis has said in several interviews that immediate PT is important to him. Remains to be seen if that sways him. Hope JB is texting him from the Olympics and uses his position with Team USA to advantage.
Another thing going on here is that Louisville is also very involved with "Cat" Barber and it looks like Barber and Troy Williams may be a package deal going to either L'Ville or Alabama. I'm not sure how close Barber is to committing but if he commits to L'Ville then they are obviously out of it for Ennis.

I called them Warning Signs. Each one, in and of itself, may not be cause for concern, but the combination of all these signs should be worrisome.

I am not proposing we recruit kids to be backups but that ideally they have the mental makeup to be able to wait for their time - see MCW, see J Grant. The expectation was not to start as a frosh but to grow into the position (MCW may not be the best example but you get the drift). Combining several of the warning signs gave me the impression that Ennis may not want that situation anymore.

And yes, late is bad in this instance because SU is in a near '13 pg crisis. IMO, SU can not wait. The OP stated "Patience will be the key". That is not comforting. If SU waits too long they could get burned. I believe the staff would like Ennis but they are not in the position to show Patience.

If I were running the show I would be doing a first to commit scenario between Ennis, R Jordan, and Cat Barber. That is not being patient. So, if the OP statement is true and patience will be the key, then there is a problem between the SU and Ennis positions.

You're kind of acting like an @ss, arguing the way you are about people who you most likely have never met. You should dial it down a notch, Sarge.

You're kind of acting like an @ss, arguing the way you are about people who you most likely have never met. You should dial it down a notch, Sarge.
I had a bad reaction to the OP which was referencing a late commitment out of Tyler. It happens.
And to the substance of my concerns, there were rumors the staff had approached the big 3 in a first come, first serve manor. And now new rumors of trying for more than one pg in '13. It seems the staff may have similar concerns to those that I expressed. Are they @sses too? Or is that okay because they have met him?

As for your critcism about arguing about people who I haven't met- what do we have a new, very restrictive requirement? Get real.

Anyways, the info now is leaning towards a late summer commitment. First Cat, then Ennis, then RJ. Here's hoping SU can snag one of them.

As to dialing it down, you are quoting a post from May - get with the times - I have lightened up considerably. But maybe you should take your own advice - from your Hak was a SF nonsense, to your anti-Carmelo posts, and now this, - you have been on a bad streak.

The last time we offered 3 PGs on a first come first served basis, we got Josh Wright. How did that work out for you?

I'm assuming you are good friends with Carmelo with the way you were ripping him in another thread. Tell him Syracuse Nation says hello.

The last time we offered 3 PGs on a first come first served basis, we got Josh Wright. How did that work out for you?
Because they have given time frames for commitments, it no longer looks like a first come, first serve situation.

Cat commits first. If he doesn't chose LVille, SU's chances with Tyler take a significant hit. Then Tyler is scheduled to commit. If he doesn't chose SU, I think there will be a full court press on for RJ. If RJ then snubs SU, SU will have a real problem. SU may want to redshirt Triche.

Josh Wright was the first to commit, obviously to SU. Then AJ Price went to UConn. Kyle Lowrie, if I remember correctly, was pretty much down to Pitt, but didn't seem to want to go there and then Villanova came in and he committed there.

Josh Wright was the first to commit, obviously to SU. Then AJ Price went to UConn. Kyle Lowrie, if I remember correctly, was pretty much down to Pitt, but didn't seem to want to go there and then Villanova came in and he committed there.
Kyle Lowry was ours if we wanted him.. character issues and the assumption that Wright would be a very good alternative swayed the staff against taking him... hindsight,

I guess j the worse top 50 recruit wright had an impressive dunk at one of the aau games that fishy posted about, tell us about it fishy i know youre out there you stalker.

With scheduled times for each commitment the situation does not look like first come, first served. If the staff had a hand in shaping this development, kudos to them.

A better comparison would be the Hodge then Hak commitments.

And that one worked out just fine by me, thank you.