ESPN reporting... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN reporting...

Jesus, you shouldn't have to hope. Can't you do something to make this all go away so that we talk about more high-minded topics?

Mods, next to his "Walk On" status, do you think you could "just add water"?

Ask & you shall receive CaptainJ

We've turned water into wine my friend... turnin a butt-hurt of a thread about allegations & sanctions into an absolute epic tribute to Pink Floyd!

Well Done my disciples ;)

Ask & you shall receive CaptainJ

We've turned water into wine my friend... turnin a butt-hurt of a thread about allegations & sanctions into an absolute epic tribute to Pink Floyd!

Well Done my disciples ;)

Jesus, there was a guy named Mantonio on here not terribly long ago. Mantonio was a spiritual man and a fervent follower of the Orange. I miss the guy quite a bit, and have a feeling others who aren't always as open with their feelings as me do as well. I am not asking that you bring him \back, but what I am getting at in my own way is that I think you will do well in his stead. As a matter of fact i want to welcome you on board. This place has gotten stale and needs some new blood, no pun intended.

Now I wont claim to be sober, so I hope my goodwill isn't taken the wrong way as it sometimes is by the rough-housers on here, but I'm gonna add a song to pay tribute to you:

Whenever I add a video, it reminds me of that dude from Kansas for some reason. I can't guarantee it, but being I haven't seen many new faces around these parts in an age or two, I think I'll have my money on you for rookie of the year. I haven't gotten these deadbeats to make the annual awards official, so unless you can inspire them better than I, you may have to settle for being given the award in spirit.

CaptainJ said:
Jesus, there was a guy named Mantonio on here not terribly long ago. Mantonio was a spiritual man and a fervent follower of the Orange. I miss the guy quite a bit, and have a feeling others who aren't always as open with their feelings as me do as well. I am not asking that you bring him \back, but what I am getting at in my own way is that I think you will do well in his stead. As a matter of fact i want to welcome you on board. This place has gotten stale and needs some new blood, no pun intended. Now I wont claim to be sober, so I hope my goodwill isn't taken the wrong way as it sometimes is by the rough-housers on here, but I'm gonna add a song to pay tribute to you: YouTube Video Whenever I add a video, it reminds me of that dude from Kansas for some reason. I can't guarantee it, but being I haven't seen many new faces around these parts in an age or two, I think I'll have my money on you for rookie of the year. I haven't gotten these deadbeats to make the annual awards official, so unless you can inspire them better than I, you may have to settle for being given the award in spirit.

Mantonio posted last weekend. He's around just not as frequently.

cuseincincy said:
Unless they give SU a TV ban for hoops or football I could care less about any of this. Post season ban? I'll just pretend SU lost their opening game, it still won't sting as much as Richmond or Vermont did. Vacate wins? Meaningless to me. Vacate Final Fours? I already watched the games and have them on DVD. Bad press? Sorry, doesn't affect me. I'm used to catching crap every time SU loses so no biggie. Force JB out? Dude's going to be 70 in 3 weeks. Harsh to say but his time is past and the future does not include Jim Boeheim anyhow. I'm just glad they're only going back 10 years or they might find out about all the shots I used to buy Douglas and Brower back in the day. Or worse find out about all the shots Pearl used to buy me and everyone sitting at the bar while he was still in school.

Awesome post, agreed 100 %

Awesome post, agreed 100 %
I like your take on all of this and you have a great perspective... but I'm not just with you. Post season bans really suck. It makes the season about 25% as much fun to watch. You basically only play for pride. The first round of NCAA tourney (where I treat the Friday as a holiday and take off from work) just wouldn't be the same knowing 'Cuse won't have a game. It also impacts players/recruits. If it is just one year, maybe not so much. If it is more than a year, that could hurt.

I'm not sure if most people know, but their are actually 2 videos to Arnold Layne...kind of a treat!

While I think the video you posted was more artistic, this one hammers(no pun intended) home one point to me. Watch where Syd Screams the 2nd "Why cant you see?" and tellingly points right at you. It's long been a hobby of mine trying to figure out how many layers of meaning are in certain Pink Floyd songs, and their music makes it an enjoyable endeavor for me. This video also may be enjoyed by fans of GRAPPLING! And I think the Indiana fan chick may be in it too.

Hey, did you know they have a NEW ALBUM coming out? I kid you not! Sadly it's still Rogerless, but was material from when Rick Wright was "among the living".
(wont let me post link, more than 1 piece of media. I wish Orangeeyes was here to help me with stuff like this still, I miss the guy and want to throw tribute to him here as well. Honoring those who've made our lives more enjoyable) ...Looks like Roger is working on album too?! :)

Look at the sky, look at the river, isnt it good?!?!??!?!?! Kaiser, Tee, Iommi, cuseattle, azorange, my panic friend, and many more, you have infested a thread about ill with something of beauty(albeit originally rooted in a reference to mental illness).

Too summarize my reaction to the current state of this thread in the third person: "He dug it!" One of my favorite lines for some reason. Maybe I am no longer sober?

Yeah, heard about the new album. Looks to be the last one, Gilmore might have said that recently. What a ride.

Jesus, there was a guy named Mantonio on here not terribly long ago. Mantonio was a spiritual man and a fervent follower of the Orange. I miss the guy quite a bit, and have a feeling others who aren't always as open with their feelings as me do as well. I am not asking that you bring him \back, but what I am getting at in my own way is that I think you will do well in his stead. As a matter of fact i want to welcome you on board. This place has gotten stale and needs some new blood, no pun intended.

Now I wont claim to be sober, so I hope my goodwill isn't taken the wrong way as it sometimes is by the rough-housers on here, but I'm gonna add a song to pay tribute to you:

Whenever I add a video, it reminds me of that dude from Kansas for some reason. I can't guarantee it, but being I haven't seen many new faces around these parts in an age or two, I think I'll have my money on you for rookie of the year. I haven't gotten these deadbeats to make the annual awards official, so unless you can inspire them better than I, you may have to settle for being given the award in spirit.
Rookie of the Year!

Rookie of the Year!

But we just got reminded we're having too much fun and need to be more mindful of the level of misery. I still think Jesus was a bigger recruit than McCullough and I'm choosing to be happy. I'll just do it in silence I suppose. I don't foresee any ban based on any available evidence. The rumors of the 2nd coming of Mantonio are key to the enjoyability of the season as well, in my opinion. As for the title, "espn reporting" at times approaches a paradox, so I think about anything is fitting. On that note, where is JarheadJim? I feel like the lament in REM's Losing My Religion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom