ESPN reporting... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN reporting...

Got 11 minutes and 58 seconds? Great!
tee's useless fact of the day: Live at Pompeii was performed in the world's 2nd oldest amphitheater. I stood in this theater in the summer of 1995. If you are ever down Napoli way, make your way to Pompeii. You wouldn't believe the sights if I told you.

Got 11 minutes and 58 seconds? Great!
tee's useless fact of the day: Live at Pompeii was performed in the world's 2nd oldest amphitheater. I stood in this theater in the summer of 1995. If you are ever down Napoli way, make your way to Pompeii. You wouldn't believe the sights if I told you.

Been there, done that...it's amazing.

Guys, this might be my fault. The NCAA deemed my handsomeness as improper benefits... My bad.

View attachment 29090
Newest addition to infraction database:

"Syracuse fans cannot stay properly clothed during public events. Lack of institutional control of the fan base. Opposing fans are allowing to strip down during games. Lack of crowd control. Conclusion - 4 year post season ban.

Signed - Random NCAA Overpaid administrator

P.S. - Call me Later Troop..."

Newest addition to infraction database:

"Syracuse fans cannot stay properly clothed during public events. Lack of institutional control of the fan base. Opposing fans are allowing to strip down during games. Lack of crowd control. Conclusion - 4 year post season ban.

Signed - Random NCAA Overpaid administrator

P.S. - Call me Later Troop..."
HEY - she wasn't a Syracuse fan
Indiana-chick-at-Syracuse-game.jpg

My absolute favorite song of theirs. Slays me every time.

Yes, I gotta give props to Tee(well and I guess Floyd too) on this one. Amazing song. Both it and Echoes are some of the best existentialism I've ever heard put to music. The "solos" in Echoes are the NCAA championship level of "team play" for a music group.

I also gotta say Tee and Iommi, I wish I could say the same for being there. Did either of you bring some Floyd to listen to while on those ancient grounds?

Edit: can you imagine if during the hearing JB decided to filibuster by playing the lengthy "Echoes" and the profound effect it may have on the NCAA committee?

Yes, I gotta give props to Tee(well and I guess Floyd too) on this one. Amazing song. Both it and Echoes are some of the best existentialism I've ever heard put to music. The "solos" in Echoes are the NCAA championship level of "team play" for a music group.

I also gotta say Tee and Iommi, I wish I could say the same for being there. Did either of you bring some Floyd to listen to while on those ancient grounds?

Edit: can you imagine if during the hearing JB decided to filibuster by playing the lengthy "Echoes" and the profound effect it may have on the NCAA committee?

I brought up Floyd in Pompeii and our Italian tour guide had no clue what I was talking about.

My absolute favorite song of theirs. Slays me every time.
Ha, me too. Probably top 5 Floyd to me.
To be honest. I thought of Echoes, them pounding on their instruments as I had seen the concert in video a few times over the years before this trip. But, Echoes. It's just eerie. People frozen in time. "google" image pompeii faces and you'll see what I mean (but beware if you spook easy). I shuddered when I thought of it today when I posted this song. One of my best friends, another one that backpacked with us and is indeed a huge Floyd fan and professional musician (ska and r&b)...I know him well. He most definitely feels the same way of that tour to Mt. Vesuvius and the ruins. One of those that stays etched in your mind.
I brought up Floyd in Pompeii and our Italian tour guide had no clue what I was talking about.
Pffft. Lightweights. :)

Not to offend anyone, and not to take the thread too far off track, but...
Meddle is the only post-Syd PF album I've ever bothered with :noidea:

Nothin like a freaky deaky Syd style authentic Floyd video to cheer us up, right? Right? :)
[song: arnold lane]
(one day i'm going to stealth ninja "list" this whole site with the song tagging them bam!)

I'm not sure if most people know, but their are actually 2 videos to Arnold Layne...kind of a treat!

While I think the video you posted was more artistic, this one hammers(no pun intended) home one point to me. Watch where Syd Screams the 2nd "Why cant you see?" and tellingly points right at you. It's long been a hobby of mine trying to figure out how many layers of meaning are in certain Pink Floyd songs, and their music makes it an enjoyable endeavor for me. This video also may be enjoyed by fans of GRAPPLING! And I think the Indiana fan chick may be in it too.

Hey, did you know they have a NEW ALBUM coming out? I kid you not! Sadly it's still Rogerless, but was material from when Rick Wright was "among the living".
(wont let me post link, more than 1 piece of media. I wish Orangeeyes was here to help me with stuff like this still, I miss the guy and want to throw tribute to him here as well. Honoring those who've made our lives more enjoyable) ...Looks like Roger is working on album too?! :)

Look at the sky, look at the river, isnt it good?!?!??!?!?! Kaiser, Tee, Iommi, cuseattle, azorange, my panic friend, and many more, you have infested a thread about ill with something of beauty(albeit originally rooted in a reference to mental illness).

Too summarize my reaction to the current state of this thread in the third person: "He dug it!" One of my favorite lines for some reason. Maybe I am no longer sober?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom