ESPN reporting... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN reporting...

Why did Syracuse's investigation take almost 2 years, while Penn State's took less than a year? They really dragged this one out.

Guys, this might be my fault. The NCAA deemed my handsomeness as improper benefits... My bad.

10395827_10153285862373452_2592693167607343278_n.jpg

I don't think this has been mentioned, but another penalty possibility is an NCAA imposed suspension of JB. That is supposed to be a major component of the newly adopted (Aug. '13) Infractions and Sanctions Structure. Suspensions of from 10% up to a full season are on the table in appropriate circumstances.

That said, everyone is behaving like a bunch of Chicken Littles. Without knowing exactly what SU is accused of it is hard to know what its level of culpability is and how that might translate to penalties.

The ESPN article is bullspit. It really says nothing other than the infractions that the committee will be reviewing come from a 10 year period. It could mean one infraction in 2003 and a wholly different one in 2013, it don't think it necessarily means a continued pattern of infractions over a 10 year period. If ESPN knew that to be the case they would most certainly emphasize that fact in their article. Further while they say that allegations of receiving improper benefits are among the allegations, but that may be one minor not particularly supportable allegation among others that are more clearly the focus of the upcoming hearing.

I want to emphasize that none of what we have seen reports any specifics. In the absence of specifics it is really hard to draw conclusions about what type of penalty SU should receive, much less whether it should even be subject to penalties.

There may be a couple of posters here that have more information than what it is being reported in the media, but I haven't seen anyone say that their comments are based on independent knowledge and given the stakes I suspect there isn't a lot of information freely floating around.

Uh oh--would your opinion change if you found out that this guy is also accused of failing the shool's drug policy?

"Mother, do you think they'll try to break... my balls? Oooh, ahh, mother should I build a wall?"
All alone, or in a two-three zone
The ones who really love JB
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and fans
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad bugger's wall.

and since Hop has learned his entire craft from 1 man...

"Isn't this where..."

Use the pic of JB ripping off his sports coat, along with this one, and make JB and Adam look like male strippers.

Stuff some dollar bills in their mouths. Or considering it would be women doing the stuffing, in fairness to realism, make it change.

All alone, or in a two-three zone
The ones who really love JB
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and fans
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad bugger's wall.

and since Hop has learned his entire craft from 1 man...

"Isn't this where..."

Excellent! Hopefully JB doesn't have the meltdown like Pink, although he'd certainly become even more interesting. I picture him in the bathroom stall reading poetry from his next album that includes laments about specific players, (edit: ) and maybe betrayal by the media.

Last edited:
Excellent! Hopefully JB doesn't have the meltdown like Pink, although he'd certainly become even more interesting. I picture him in the bathroom stall reading poetry from his next album that includes laments about specific players.
money, money. i'm alright jack keep your hands off my stack. new car caviar, four star day dream, think I'll buy me JB's basketball team.
Poems. Rubbish. Get back to work, laddy!

No way they vacate all 10 years, not gonna happen, hysteria is runnin wild in the grove right now. If it was UNC bad, then maybe, but personally, I see something similar to uconn, "lack of institutional control" or however they word it. SU will survive this, my worry is if JB will also, right or wrong, for all he's done, it's not the way I envisioned his swan song being. Hoping I'm wrong

Jesus, you shouldn't have to hope. Can't you do something to make this all go away so that we talk about more high-minded topics?

Mods, next to his "Walk On" status, do you think you could "just add water"?

money, money. i'm alright jack keep your hands off my stack. new car caviar, four star day dream, think I'll buy me JB's basketball team.
Poems. Rubbish. Get back to work, laddy!

Sadly, I grew up with Pink as my role model and at times see myself drifting toward Syd land.
My first trip to the Dome was not a bball game. Floyd. Laser lights projected to the inside of the top of the dome.
If only Roger was there. :)
Still a great show.

Mine too!!! 6/6/94!!! That orb opened up from the floor! Ruined me for all other concerts. That was back when i was straight edged too, but still wish i could remember it better due to the passage of Time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom