Etan Thomas - Tim Duncan story | Syracusefan.com

Etan Thomas - Tim Duncan story

osullfam

Scout Team
Etan: "Here is my Tim Duncan story

So we're playing the Spurs and I get the ball on the post. I inside pivot and sweep to the middle for my jump hook and he blocks it. So as we are running down the court he says to me "that was a good move but you have to get more into my body so you can either draw the foul or I can't block it".

So I didn't know if he was talking noise or what so just kind of looked at him confused and said ok. Then, a few plays later I did it again got more into his body and he couldn't block it. I missed the shot and he looked at me and said much better and kept playing lol. I remember calling my boy Zee Chilton and telling him this story lol Tim Duncan is honestly one of the nicest guys in the NBA and one of the best power forwards ever. Respect"

So we're playing the Spurs and I get the ball on the post. I inside pivot and sweep to the middle for my jump hook and he blocks it. So as we are running down the court he says to me "that was a good move but you have to get more into my body so you can either draw the foul or I can't block it".

So I didn't know if he was talking noise or what so just kind of looked at him confused and said ok. Then, a few plays later I did it again got more into his body and he couldn't block it. I missed the shot and he looked at me and said much better and kept playing lol. I remember calling my boy Zee Chilton and telling him this story lol Tim Duncan is honestly one of the nicest guys in the NBA and one of the best power forwards ever. Respect"

I meant to post this the other day. This is an awesome story. Thanks for posting!

It's hard to imagine being so good that without any concern you can tell your opponent how to beat you.
That's off the charts talent, confidence and sportsmanship.
Tim Duncan is one of a kind.

I watched a documentary on Rivera last week that was amazing. Stand up guy, all around.

I'm interested to know the name of the doc. I wasn't aware of it, and would like to keep my eyes open for it.

I think it speaks wonders to the affect of mentoring. I think Timmie is an outstanding person, but we should not forget that the Admiral David Robinson had a profound affect on him as he mentored TD in his early career. Robinson and The Dream were two of the most outstanding men in basketball that played in the 90's. Shoot, I would say two most outstanding men period as they have far transcended basketball. We need to hear more about this in our media instead of the sensationalism that is produced.

Strange how so many of the nice people in sports were born overseas.

The implication being that there aren't many nice people in sports who were born in the US?

idk if I'm buying that.

The implication being that there aren't many nice people in sports who were born in the US?

idk if I'm buying that.
Not the implication.

Just that a goodly percentage of foreign nationals who play major sports in this country seem to be decent folk. Americans can be too, obviously. But, it seems to be harder to find bad eggs among the foreign imports.

Not the implication.

Just that a goodly percentage of foreign nationals who play major sports in this country seem to be decent folk. Americans can be too, obviously. But, it seems to be harder to find bad eggs among the foreign imports.

Fair enough. I'd have to agree.

Another amazing fact regarding Duncan is he's NEVER committed a foul in the NBA. Just ask him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom